Gift for Groom?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

riseABOVE Posts : 9 Registered: 10/7/06
Gift for Groom?
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 5:58 PM

Hi Ladies!  I need some suggestions.  I want a sentimental gift for the groom who has everything.  He's really into dirt bikes, but he's an editor for a motocross magazine so he gets everything bike-related for free.  I'm sure you can imagine cufflinks wouldn't really be appropriate for him...I don't even think he would know what they are!  I want a thoughtful, creative gift that he will love.  So, what is a good gift for my macho man?

"Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts."
 -William Shakespeare

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Gift for Groom?
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

My husband is also a man who has everything.  He's extremely hard to buy for and I'm dreading Christmas this year!!  For his wedding gift, I gave him boudoir photos.  Here's the link to my pics.

http://www.brides.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=410980&#410980

Slideshow of our wedding photos:  http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view&current=cb216606.pbr

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

I don't know.  Maybe some techno gadget?

wedding countdown

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

I got him a watch... and I unfortunately gave it to him 4 days early. He loves it though.

75 66 9 0

RSVP Date September 1st, 2008

The big day- September 20, 2008

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

My EH sold his recently purchased PS3 so that he could afford and pay for martial arts with his childhood idol (ask me if you wanna know).

So his bestman and I put our money together and bought him a new PS3. The MGS4 special edition. He wasn't expecting it at all. Turned out to be a good gift.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

Good question! My macho man has it all too- we too are into off road and all that. i would have loved to get him UFC tickets but they run about $1000 each! So he's been wanting to see a show on the strip so I got him BlueMan group tickets and dinner along a lap top that my son is building for him (my son is a computer tech) I swear this man is so hard to buy for because if he see's what he wants this man BUYS IT!

Here is the link to our HONEYMOON SUITE- FOR 6 DAYS AND 5 NIGHTS

http://www.motion-vr.com/tourm.aspx?tn=445&cp=1&b=1&la=0&fl=1 

riseABOVE Posts : 9 Registered: 10/7/06
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I'd love to see the photos...for some reason I couldn't find them at that link.  Wow, you've got guts!  I'd be too shy I think!

"Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts."
 -William Shakespeare

JackieB0129 Posts : 497 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

Our gifts to each other are kind of odd.  He bought me a chinchilla (we can't have dogs in our apartment) and i'm getting him some new clothes.  He likes a lot of the shirts that bustedtees.com has on their website but he doesn't like spending money on them since he can't wear them to work... so i'm getting him those.

Jackie B!

107 59 27 21 RSVP Date September 12

jhonbacker Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 5:59 AM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

Hi,

Actually I was looking for gift for my girl friend as well some good gift for my best friend's wedding gift and I came accross to this site which might help you to find out somthing interesting.

Disigner Cufflinks
Tie Clips
Tuxedo Studs

You can also make one designer set of Fleur De Lis design

Fleur De Lis Cufflinks
Fleur De Lis Tie Clips

I guess making a good set of accessories for wedding suit can be a good gift for you...or you may think for valentine's day gift as well..;)

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 8:53 AM Go to message in response to: jhonbacker

Where are you going for your honeymoon? My FH has always wanted to learn to scuba dive, so as his gift I've arranged lessons for during our honeymoon. It should be really fun!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: JackieB0129

We have decided our wedding bands are our gift to one another -- what we are going to do is write a letter to each other. I will give my letter to one of his groomsmen (I'd say best man, but he's a flake) to give to him at some point during the day. He will give his letter to one of my bridesmaids (should be MOH, but he knows one of my bridesmaids better so it will probably come from her) to be given to me at some point during the day.

Our wedding is at 6 p.m., and we've decided not to see one another after the rehearsal dinner until the wedding -- and that includes texting and calling. (Gonna be very hard)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: riseABOVE

does he smoke cifgars? i am putting together a package with a nice humidor, cigars, cigar cutter and lighter.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: EWF

Oh cigars are a great idea
FH loves smoking a cigar every now and then with his buddies

FH & I make care packages for each other a lot (we live a few hours apart) and so when it comes to the night before our wedding we want to swap care packages that will take care of each other that night and the next day until the ceremony.

Note to self: Put in cigars for him and his groomsmen.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine