How often?

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
How often?
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:39 PM

So I was watching Sex and the City the movie and they get into a discussion of how often they have sex. Samantha obviously talked about how she has it all the time, Miranda hadn't had sex in over six months and Charlotte had sex about 2-3 times a week.

It got me wondering what is the actual average? I know that I could always just google it and I probably will. But I was curious enough to post about it in here. You hear about it dwindling severely after marraige--but is that actually true?

If you feel comfortable posting, please do! And although I know about most of your's statuses, if you could also say whether you are dating, engaged or married--that would help! And if you are happy with the number posted.

I know that some people have certain circumstances such as they might be going through a dry spell, or their husband is away overseas, etc. but just a general answer will do!

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Re: How often?
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Deleted

Sorry this may get a bit annoying but I must remove anything I posted that might be "questionable" for my career. I hope you understand!

Edited by: DoesntPlayNice on Mar 4, 2010 8:05 AM

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Well for me and my hubby, we have to get creative because he works at night and I work during the day.

So I would say that we have sex around four to five days out of the week.

We try try try to keep things spicy and exciting!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Lately we're 2-3 times a week. It really just depends on how tired we are. We've both been fighting off colds for a few weeks so it's been kinda sparse!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I was just thinking about this today. Its been 3 WEEKS since my fh and I have. Between or schedules and our poor boxer getting very sick we just have been to burnt out to even think about it. Tonight I am going to jump him when I get home. Normally its 2-3 times a week.
wedding tickers

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Are you counting (for your own purposes) ANY sexual activity, or actual intercourse?

We've been married a year and a half. Pre-pregnancy, sex probably 2-4 times a week. For 2 months of the pregnancy, just BJs for hubby a couple of times a week (I was terrified of doing anything that involved my cooch, or else he would've done me favors, too). The past few weeks, we're back up to 2 to 3 times a week.

I'm happy with that but he'd probably take it every night if I didn't get tired so early in the evening. I've always gotten tired around 9, he doesn't wind down till around midnight or 1.

preview image

soontobeaBoden Posts : 8 Registered: 8/26/09
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

About 4-5 times a week. We're both busy but just find the time. Ha. I'm hoping it won't taper off after the wedding. It's a secret fear of mine that I think is probably completely unfounded. I think this point in our lives is the busiest we'll ever be (I hope) what with work, school for me, taking care of his 12 year old neice who just moved in with us, being in the middle of a move and wedding planning. PHEW!

I want to watch that movie now. Ha.
planning a wedding

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeaBoden

My friend told me she had sex 4 times in ONE night! That is insane hahaha. They are just starting to date so it's all new and steamy. As for me...well not so much. We are both busy people. Sex isn't everything...

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine