Bikini waxes??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Re: Bikini waxes??
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I know this is really an old thread but I can't help but say LASER HAIR REMOVAL!!! Although the process does hurt (Don't listen to those bullshit ads that says its "virtually" painless) the results are awesome!

I have extremely dark, coarse hair and very white skin so even when I shaved you could still see the hair under my skin! I have been getting lasered for a while now and barely any hair grows back! Just a few spots here and there but I am going until it all stops growing. (well except a small designated patch because I don't want to feel like a 12 year old girl!)

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I've been getting brazilians and have gotten used to them somewhat but the laser interests me. I think what is stopping me from doing it is the fear of something going wrong and getting burned lol. I'm not sure how possible that is but I worry about stuff like that. It even took me a while to get my first wax, not because of pain but because I was afraid my skin would get ripped off. :p

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

http://reneenphillip.weebly.com

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: Renee86

As with all other things, there is of course some sort of risk when deciding to get laser hair removal (although with all the clients that Ive given brazilians to I have never ripped their skin off:) ) Its not common to actually get burned with laser but a lot of the time its when the client doesnt let the technician do their job to the best of THEIR knowledge and pushes them to push the limit so that it happens as fast as possible. So if you just make sure to let them know that you just want them to do their job and you will just do what you're told, then you should be fine :)

Laser hair removal is actually becoming more and more safer with certain lasers that have come out that dont require the technician to figure out numbers/settings in their head depending on what skin type you are/hair color, etc. They have lasers that you can actually just punch in all the info right into the machine via touchscreen and it sets everything for you - making it more accurate and safer :)

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

That makes me feel better. :) Do you know how much it costs usually?

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Renee86

I am not sure if you are referring to waxes or the laser. I have NEVER been burned by the laser...the only pain is from the hair follicle being zapped. I paid about $2000 for my underarms, bikini and full legs. (and i have a lot of leg!)

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Yeah, I was talking about the laser. :) Thanks for the response! One more question then I'll leave you alone lol. Was the 2k for just the first time or did it include the follow ups as well?

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: Renee86

I went with American Lasers and they will laster you for up to 2 years after your 6th appointment. This means if you do 6 sessions and there is still hair growing back then they will keep lasering you for up to 2 years after. Most appointments are anywhere from 6-10 weeks apart.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

That sounds like a very good deal! I'm gonna research some places around here and try to find the best one. I think there is an American Lasers around here cause it sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your help!

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: jmd22

Bikini wax is no big deal. It hurts some times but its okay. You would regret if yoiu miss one.
pearl jewelry store

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine