May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Thanks Toy =)

I guess I'm not so much sweating the small stuff... Honestly, I don't
care much about the little details. I was just freaking out because I
was searching for a photog yesterday and a bunch of the ones I checked out are booked and I wasn't anticipating that. Oh well... it goes on!

I just checked out your reception site- it's AMAZING! Such a great space... and the program is awesome- wanna make mine? lol

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ok well since we are all playing catch up I might as well comment on all the things and then I shall tell you all, all of the stuff I've been doing lately (besides joining you in the wedding planning decline).

FutureMrsKlein- I can't see your save-the-dates :( Can you maybe post a link to an account of some sort so I can see and say how pretty they are?

MrsS- I agree that the straight band would look better than the curved one. How would that work with your ring anyway? It looks beautiful just the way it is. I haven't heard any major news with you lately, anything good happening? Oh, I did read about the cruise. Any further plans with that?

New Girl- Sorry, it will take a couple posts before I remember your name. I apologize until I can remember it. I saw you posted in the very beginning but died off. Just dive back in and we'll all talk to you like we've known you for... well however long we've been chatting with each other. Also, just go online, this site has one, and look at their timelines. They are very heplful and will make sure you don't forget anything.

ToyToy- I didn't call you "Tom" I was very tempted to :) I agree it's been kinda dead on here lately. I will take part blame for that. I can't believe you have been cheating on us with another site! I think we need to have a talk missy before we continue this relationship! haha. That's absolutely amazing about all the money and stuff! I can't believe it! SO happy for you!!

Ok, now the super long rant about me!! Well FH got laid off. Actually, the entire company is getting bought out and they didn't want his department anymore. It's still on the down-low so half the workers don't know they are going to be laid off in the next few months. That means we are not going to France. I told him that it can wait until we have more money and we'll just take a week off and spend time at home with the phones off and the door locked. I bought some bubbles!! Yes, bubbles. I decided that it would be cute if people blew bubbles when FH (at that point he'll be DH) and I run out to leave. I am going to put pretty little blue ribbon on them to dress them up. I have been losing more and more weight! You can start to feel my ribcage now. That wasn't my plan so if I start to get too skinny I may have to go eat a bunch of cheeseburgers (o darn :) ). My MOH is being a flake lately so I have no idea what is going on with her. Hopefully she checks back in soon. Oh! I ordered the BM shoes! They are here already. We got them onsale so the girls didn't even have to pay full price!! Here is the link http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_054T0093000P?vName=Shoes&cName=Womens&keyword=Verina I am so happy about them. They are cute and the girls all said they were comfortable. Wow so I think that's it for now. I know there is a ton more that has happened but over the past two weeks I haven't done a single thing wedding related. My wedding excited has died for now. Help me get it back!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

hmmmmm I don't know why it wasn't showing up. Maybe this will work?

I could only get it to post sideways. Sorry!

Edited by: FutureMrsKlein on Oct 27, 2009 4:14 PM

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

AshleyAnne I would LOVE to do your wedding programs...however, you may not be ready for your wedding. Just a minor set back...nothing major. So let me know if you'd like for me to take care of that for you ;) LOL! I hope my programs are ready by May 1st. I am seriously like 'let pick up the planning in...oh....may March!?!' Rebellion is the name of this game! HA!

MrsKlein, those STD are adorable! I love love love them! Is that the primary color of your wedding? That 'wine' color...that color is very deep and romantic. And what's strange is...it makes me want a glass of wine. Hmmmm...

BRIANZ I am so jealous! You losing weight like its nothing. I am working out and eating...well...we won't mention that part and I have managed to lose a wimpy 5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. Sheesh. Sorry about France, but you guys have plenty of time to work something else out. Your PLAN B just so happens to be our honeymoon plans until we save up some more moolah. We are taking the week off, locking the doors, turning off the phones, and enjoying being newlyweds. Sounds like a blast to me...but then again, I am easily entertained. When I travel, I am more excited about the hotel room than anything! HA! What's going on with your MOH? My BMs and MOHs are all so busy with their lives that I don't ever talk to them about the wedding anymore. It doesn't help that I moved HOURS away from them, so communication is VERY limited. I honestly don't feel like talking about the wedding to them anyways. I'm sorry for my 'cheating ways' but I'm trying to get it out of my system before I walk down the aisle ;) You know you went and checked out the website though! HAHAHAHA! OH YEAH...your bridesmaids shoes are super cute! I love them and they will fit your theme nicely! I would wear those myself. Speaking of wearing things, I haven't received my gown yet. The powers that be will not allow the last payment to be deducted from my checking account. Don't ask me why. Its just sitting there, waiting to be spent. Everytime the store owner runs the charge, it declines. Yet, I turn around and call the bank and its still there. So I have been on the phone with Cinderellas and US BANK for a week and a half now...asking the same stupid questions and getting the same stupid answers. I'm like...screw the dress...I'm eating some ice cream. And that's EXACTLY what I just did (strawberry sundae from Sonic Drive-In). Yummmmmmm.

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Toy i'm so glad that you like them. My colors are red and purple- so if you blend them I guess that works. They fit more with the winery theme and the red ones were really.....red. :) Apparently someone got them today! Which is awesome since I just sent them yesterday. YIPPIE! (I say for like the 15th time in two days).

That is a pain about your dress. I hope that they figure it out. BTW- 5 lbs is great. I mean really, in two weeks that is totally great.

Brianz i'm also sorry about no France. But a week at home to cuddle (ahem) sounds lovely. You'll have to buy some yummy champagne, at least a bottle each day.

What is everyone doing the night of their wedding? I guess what I mean is- where are you staying? We are blocking rooms at a place, but I don't really want to stay the same place as all of our guests. And somehow hanging out at the parents house doesn't seem like a good idea on my wedding night.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Toy that sucks about your dress being held hostage but LMOA at the screw the dress and eat ice cream comment. I asked my trainer how to get rid of that under arm flab and he said "do more push ups" but i could swear what I heard was "eat more ice cream". Guess which one I will be doing. Though I have been working out a lot recently and have drooped a few pants sizes so thats good.

My FH and I will be staying in the same hotel as the guest. He wants to have an after party at the bar after the reception (there is a very popular Irish Bar next door to our hotel). He also wants to go to the morning after brunch he mom will be hosting. I am not arguing with him about it now but I think closer to the wedding I will have to put my foot down. Though I know him and come the wedding night these things probably wont be an issue.....

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. Does that ever happen to anyone else. it sucks when you realize that no, in fact it is not Friday, there are still three days left in the week.

wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Happens to me all the time. I spent last Thursday doing it. About every 15 minutes I would remember that it wasn't Friday. A big bummer.

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

yeah that has been me all day. Arg :{
wedding tickers

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Ill reply to everyone when I can but right now EEEEEEEEEEEK today I found THE reception site :) Ive forwarded the pics to FH and got the thumbs up sign from him and so I think we are just gonna go with this!! (man these are the times he could be here with me doing these things..)

So lets see if I can post some pics up here!

theres a few of the front door of the building, a few lobby pics (love the hanging little lights and the wooden doors are hot IMO lol), two pics of my fav room out of the 3 she showed me (all hardwood floors which I like cause I hate ugly carpet), and a few of the walkways that lead to the pavilion and the pavilion itself!!

wedding stuff 083wedding stuff 084

wedding stuff 082wedding stuff 102

wedding stuff 095wedding stuff 094

wedding stuff 089

wedding stuff 098wedding stuff 096

I think I want it in the pavilion since it has always been my dream to do the outdoor thing and I think I can deck this baby out nicely so its gonna look nice and wedding-y :) It seats up to 300 people comfortably so its gonna be great for my 150!! :)

nelsonclassic Posts : 3 Registered: 9/5/09
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 5:50 AM Go to message in response to: Loriboo

Hi !!
Loriboo..
Welcome to the forum..I am also a new member of this forum and getting many ideas of wedding planning..as you said you are going to marry next year..Congrats !!..
I got many beautiful wedding accessories from this forum,some of them are my favorite like I got different wedding favors like sailboat favors,centerpices,attires, Beach
Bridal Shower Favors
,flower basket girl dress,basket accessories and many other things..So you also enjoy these things..I am telling you this because you are going to marry and you might be finding some wedding accessories for your wedding.

Regards,

Nelson

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 8:20 AM Go to message in response to: nelsonclassic

MrsS you reception place looks fantastic. Imagine how pretty it will be in the spring with all the flowers blooming! I love the pavilion, it is like a blank canvas so you can make it whatever you want! Congrats on finding a place.

wedding tickers

weddingready10 Posts : 9 Registered: 9/3/09
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: MsHines

HI, I am a MAY bride too!! Getting married at Sandals in the Bahamas!

Nicolina Posts : 2 Registered: 9/30/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 6:54 AM Go to message in response to: weddingready10

Hello everybody, I'm new as well. I'm getting married the 22 May as the reception venue wasn't available the 15th. I really like looking how far all of you are, even though I have the feeling I'm late with my preparations...

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: Nicolina

I'm sure you guys are all in good shape. Tell us about what you have planned so far.

YAY for another 5-15-10 bride! That is awesome. Apparently people have started to get our save the dates, so i'm very happy about that. I didn't take the time to put a return address on them, so if they are undeliverable i'll have no idea. But oh well I guess.

Nicolina Posts : 2 Registered: 9/30/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

I don't understand why there's written Bahamas, actually I'm getting married in Germany, but I don't manage to post it right!

So far we have the reception booked and I ordered my dress, but apart of this I do not have a lot. Future Mrs Klein, your STD are really beautiful, I'm looking for mine since two weeks but I'm not easy in taking decisions

I'm thinking of the colors yellow, orange, rosé and plum? The reception is a little like a spanish finca (www.mymolino.de). What do you think? Too many colors?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine