chocolate brown and fuschia with orange theme???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

efp3183 Posts : 2 Registered: 9/9/08
chocolate brown and fuschia with orange theme???
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 5:08 AM

Hi, I am new here, but I've been reading your post everyday.

You've been helpful to each other. I was hoping that you could help me on this one.

I am thinking if chocolate brown and fuschia with orange would work together?

Bridesmaid will have chocolate brown dress with fuschia sash and the flowers will be orange and fushia gerberas/calla lily.

Does anyone have pictures for these three colors?

Or should I change brown into lime green?

I really love Fushia and orange together.

What do you think?

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: chocolate brown and fuschia with orange theme???
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 8:06 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

I like your plan a lot. :) I'm sure you could find a picture of it somewhere!

brown and fuschia dress:

pink calla lilis with some other orange....

What do you think? I would maybe use the a brown ribbon to tie them. :) that could be very pretty! 

Budget friendly center piece idea?

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

Message was edited by: Nalamienea

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

Yay!!! I did those colors except I didn't use orange, I had it in my bridemaids bouquets and that's it. You can go look at my reception pics and or ceremony pics because I don't have many of my pics to post yet. Haven't gotten them from my photographer. Here is the site  http://www.nickblakephotography.com/   click on client proofing and Kim and Joe. My password is kim . You can see my brown and fuschia cake, tables, guest book sign in at the reception and for the ceremony outside, you can see the girls and their bouquets. Good luck and hope this is helpful!

Just Married and loving it!!!

efp3183 Posts : 2 Registered: 9/9/08
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 4:07 AM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsnye

Wow, great pics. Thank you so much.

The flowers are wonderful. I like the center piece idea, simple yet chic.

Now my problem is how to incorporate those 3 colors in the reception setup.

I've seen your wedding Kim and it's lovely. The color is how i exactly picture it out except that the dress has a fushia sash as shown in the pic from Nalamienea.

Back to the reception, any idea how can i mix this three colors? Brown table cloth with fuschia and orange chair cover or vice versa? I am totally lost for the reception idea.

Should I just use fushia and orange or brown and fushia for the reception?

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 7:06 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

I think you can still use all three colors for your reception decor.  Using chocolate brown linens with orange or fushia napkins, and using orange and fushia for your centerpieces (maybe with some curly willow branches, to bring the brown back in) would do the trick.  I think using either orange or fushia for the table linens might send you into color overload.

What about using the chocolate tablecloth, pink napkins, and then a bit platter of oranges, studded with pink gerberas as the centerpiece?  Something like this:

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 7:40 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

all i did was googled "fushia orange brown reception photos" and I found these after surfing for a few minutes:

I'm not sure how much you can see, but there's a very cute fushia and orange table setup down in the bottom right corner, it's from this website: 

http://www.favorideas.com/ask-the-expert/is-orange-fuschia-too-loud-for-a-wedding/ 

cake idea

Hope that helps!

(and I promise you can call me Nala or Sarah. hehe That user name is a b!tch to type. lol 

wedding ticker

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

Thanks! If you notice I had fuschia bags for the candy. The candy was gone in like seriously 15 mins, people loved it. You can change up the colors however you want, it'll all come together. I let my girls choose thier style dress and told them they could wear a fuschia sash but it didn't match any of the dresses so none of them did. I don't know if your interested but I have a bunch of stuff left over from the wedding I am willing to sell. I have about 14 pink runners that stil have to be washed to see if some minor stains can come out. I have more than 14 but the extra ones were used for head table and guest book table so I guess all together I have about 20. The extra six are made to fit 5 , 8 foot tables and one made for a 6 foot table (guest book table). I would do either orange or brown table cloth cause the pink would be too much. You can do whatever you want, I think three colors is fine. Honestly, I just did whatever. You can have brown as your main color (chairs, table cloths) and use orange and pink as your accent colors like in the centerpieces, flowers, ect. I have brown tulle that is pinched with crystals and it goes along the head table. I have 3 fuschia bins I used for water bottles at an outside ceremony. I have a white card box, 4 pink cherry blossoms (used by cake), 4 fushcia small candle holders, 4 brown buckets I used for guest book table. 6 pieces of tulle used for shepeard hooks used outside for ceremony. If your interested and want pics let me know, I honestly have nothing else to do with this stuff.

Just Married and loving it!!!

Message was edited by: soontobemrsnye

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

Hi & welcome to the boards!!

These colors are very dueable....here's what I found:

Bryan & Emy September 27, 2008

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

wow, I would totally take Mrs.Nye up on her offers! Decorating is so dang expensive and buying stuff second hand is a fabulous idea.  I hope it works out for the two of you!!

wedding ticker

All4Brides Posts : 1 Registered: 10/27/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: efp3183

It's hard to imagine who the color combination of chocolate brown, fuschia and green will look as wedding colors. Once you have the colors put together the combination offers a feeling of sophistication and freshness, see a basket and pillow set done with all three colors, if you would like to know how to get a similar set, please e-mail me at luly612@verizon.net

Chocolate Brown, Fuschia, Green Chartreuse Wedding Flower Girl Basket and Pillow Set

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: efp3183

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine