Age difference.

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: Age difference.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

I think its all about place in life and maturity. I have a very close male friend who is in his early 20s and I am in my late 20s. I see TONS of maturity in him. He was very well brought up, he's very responsible, works, goes to school, etc. However every once in a while he'll say or do something and I'll think "you are SOOO 22 right now". So on one hand, if I were single, I'd probably TRY to date someone that much younger, but I don't know how well it would work out. I have a mortgage and bills, someone like him has nothing like that and doesnt know a thing about it....But if I were 36 and he was 30, then I think it would be a different story.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

somedaysoon Posts : 32 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

My FH is also 16 years older. I am 24, he will be 40 in a few weeks. Its only awkward until people meet him and see how great we are together (and to his credit, he looks much younger than 40). If it doesn't bother you, then don't worry about what other people think.

To those who scoff, I remind them that my great aunt and uncle, who just celebrated their 50th anniversary, are 18 years apart and very happy.

19 years, though, that would be gross ;)

Hayrides Posts : 3 Registered: 7/2/09
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 3:05 AM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

my boyfriend is over 10 years younger than i, so it really depends, as long as both of you can work it out, age won't be a big issue, and on the contrary, there are so many people on the same age with you can't be your ideal lovers... so think about it...
Filipino Dating , Filipina Dating , Pinoy Dating

IntimateWedding... Posts : 3 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

My fiance and I are 8 years apart; I'm 27. I have always dated older men since I don't feel that I have a lot in common with boys in their twenties. People can be immature at any age, but I have found that men tend to grow up in their thirties.
At the end of the day, other people's opinions are not important. Live for yourself, not others. Bear in mind that a large age difference, such as more than ten years, may become an issue when you reach your 40's. He may not have the energy to keep up with you in more ways than one.
I wish you and your hubby well.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: somedaysoon

somedaysoon: you guys have the same age difference as us! I'm 27 and hubby is 43, and we got together when I was 23 and he was 39. It's worked perfect for us because I never would have dated him when he was my age! hehe

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

That's 3 of us with the same age difference in our relationships! I am 25 and my hubby is 41. People never usually guess there is much of an age difference at all, though, because I look (and act, I've been told many times) a bit older than I am and DH looks much younger than he is. We are planning to get pregnant with our first child (the first for both of us) next summer. :)

As to the OP: I don't feel I can judge what "too much" of an age difference is in a relationship. Granted, being 30 years apart seems like a big difference to me, but if a couple loves each other and they are willing to make it work, or even if they enter into a relationship and later break up, I'll never frown on them for being with someone with that difference. Love has no boundaries when you are willing to make it work. :)

MacyGray Posts : 13 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 6:16 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I think u should consider carefully. Normally men would prefer women younger than them. But if he chooses u, he must have a reason. Age difference brings lots of troubles in my experiences. Anyway, hope u guys get along well. Maybe HE could be the different one

jodk02 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/7/09
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

My FH and I are 12 1/2 years apart- I'm 25 and he's 37. I like to joke that we graduated in the same year- me from kindergarten and him from high school . When we started dating, we both thought we were closer in age- he looks and acts younger (sometimes a lot younger) and I was fitting in with the 28-30 year old women in our group. It was probably a good month into dating before we found out our actual age difference. It was/is more of a difficulty for him to get his mind around. Even my parents, after a couple minutes of surprise, are ok with it and no one we tell seems to bat an eye.
It has been proven that men, when dating a younger woman, youthen in health.

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

Its no big deal, if there is a huge age difference between you too. If there is lot of compatibility, and understanding between you guys then there is nothing like it.
pearl jewelry store

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine