October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Glad to know i'm not the only one doing it! I think I would be nervous to have a 9 yrold doing the camera work but it sounds so cute.

FH is in charge of finding and booking our hotel in New Orleans while we are there and he started today. I know for sure that Sunday night we will be spending the night in the room we got engaged in at the Hotel Monteleone but the rest of the weekend we have to find some place to stay as well as get a suite to get ready in for Sunday as well.

So, I need to figure out where i'm getting my hair, make-up and nails done on Sunday so we can pick a hotel close to all of this! I suppose I'll have someone come to the hotel to do my make-up and get my nails done before sunday but I need to find a hair place.

FH has it in his head that we should pay for the hotel rooms for our bridal party. That's 12 people total to book rooms for! I'm wondering if he's crazy. It would be four rooms with 2 beds and a pull out couch but is it fair to stuff 3 people into a room even if we're paying for it? Plus we need a room for the weekend as well!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

We're scratching the videographer too. Just too expensive for those couple hours. We are going to try to get a video camera and have someone film some things but that remains to be seen. It's almost hard to believe that the one year away mark is here (almost). We scheduled our engagement pictures for the 25th and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the leaves hold up! I'm really excited to be getting the pictures done but I'm just worried that the weather will be crappy that day since they are all outside. On another note, mom and I started working on the centerpieces for the reception. They are comming out really well and thankfully have been rather cheap since all the fall silks are on sale now to make way for christmas florals. I figured that now is a good time to hit up the craft stores and get all the fall decor stuff that I want. The centerpieces are in a very tall vase and are a ball of red, yellow, orange, and white mums. There are also red, orange and clear diamond shaped gems in the vase. I'll post a picture when we get one completed. So I guess the next thing will be ordering my dress!!!

Go to fullsize image

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I haven't even thought about where I'm going to have my hair done yet!!! I know how I want it done though. Here's a pic:

withflowers.jpg Hair image by dittmerbullard2010

That's not the best picture but you get the idea. The flowers will be different though.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

rebecca- it would be a nice gesture to pay for your bridal parties hotel room, but it is TOTALLY unnecessary and not expected!! If you have it in your budget though, and want to, go ahead. but, are the majority of your bridal party single, or dating/married to someone? because each married or dating couple should get their own rooms. and no....you should not force a third person into the room just to save a couple hundred bucks. think about if it was you and you got stuck sleeping on a really uncomforitable couch

amanda- see your hair is more like what i wanted...a tousled look! only problem is my curls went really flat and such throughout the day. and i will probably have my hair done around 11am for a 5 pm ceremony...so i am worried that if i have my hair look like that when i leave the salon, it will look completely straight by the time of the ceremony.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

I'm wondering, are any of you spending the night before the wedding away from your FH or are you going to spend the night together? My FH and I live together so I am not sure what I want to do. I have trouble sleeping if my FH isn't next to me and I think I will be more comfortable in my own bed. However, if I sleep away that night it will lead to the excitement. Not sure.What are you ladies doing?

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Rebecca, you do NOT have to pay for the hotel rooms for your wedding party. It is completely unnecessary. I understand your FH's desire to make things easier for them but it is not expected or required.

Toast, I don't know how to get your hair (or mine, for that matter) to look like the picture. I am going to have to do a few trial runs and talk to a professional to see how we can get it to look like that and keep it that way all day.

Cheetah, Eric and I are spending the night before our wedding apart. I am kinda dreading it because I have a hard time sleeping without him. BUT, it's more important to me to be apart and have that excitement of not seeing each other after the rehearsal dinner until the wedding. I am staying with my parents and I think Eric is staying with his.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca, while paying for the hotel rooms is a nice gesture, you run into a lot of issues that previous posters have pointed out. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered sleeping on a hotel pull-out sofa or roll-a-way, but I would not like it if both my FH and I had to travel, rent a room, but not stay together (I hope that makes sense).

Are you getting enough rooms to get a price reduction from the hotel (I can't recall if you mentioned this or not)? Will other people be traveling to the location/staying over night, and, if so, will they be at the same hotel? Perhaps you could offer a voucher or so much money towards the rooms of your wedding party if the rooms are particularly expensive? Is there some other cost associated with the travel that you could take care of rather than the rooms? Likely, your FH sees your friends/family make a trip for you two, and feels that he should be taking care of their basic needs. If you're driving, perhaps you could arrange for a carpool or purchase gas cards to help offset the travel fees? Sorry if any of these seem like lame ideas!

Is anyone paying (or helping pay) for their bridal party's attire? My mom (who is paying for most of the wedding) really wants to pay for at least part of my bridesmaids' dresses, since they helped the bridal party pay for attire when they got married. Should my parents help pay for tuxedo rental? Should his parents? My girls and guy are all still in school, so they don't really have the money to shell out to get an expensive dress/tux, even though most of them are already starting to save up money for this. Any thoughts?

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- I am paying for one of my BM's dresses, and travel expenses. She and her husband are under severe financial hardships, but she's my best friend and I must have her here. The other BM is single and makes major bucks and wouldn't let me pay for her dress even if I tried.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I talked to FMIL as well as FH and we've decided that I will be getting ready at FMIL's house and FH will be getting ready at his grandparents house and there is a hotel nearby that guests can stay at however we will not be paying for them. It was going to cost too much to pay for their rooms and most of them have SO's.

If our wedding party needs help paying for the dresses or tuxs we will be able to help them but we will not be paying for all of it.

I don't know if i've posted my dress or hair inspiration pics but here they are!

dollhouse-wedding-278x400 by you.
il_430xN_94596933 Here is the pin I want in my hair
And my dress!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

bryansloveandky... Posts : 15 Registered: 8/13/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

im another 10 10 10 girl were getting married on a cruise through the greek isles and well be married in Split Croatia which just happened to be where we stop that day...im trying to find pictures of real gurls wearing the dress im looking at but i cant seem to find any i just know all the dresses look different on actual people that weigh more than 100 pounds...anyways id love to chat with you girls and hear your ideas and see pics of your dresses and stuff...

Bryan and Maria 10 10 10

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: bryansloveandky...

cheetah- we are spending the night apart. my FH doesnt sleep well when i am not there, unless he is dead tired, so he isnt really looking forward to it. but i kind of am. its time to just chill with my MOH (we are sharing a hotel room), and relax. it also adds to the excitement of the day by not seeing him all day. rather than sleeping together, and just leaving for like 4 hours to go get dressed, ya know? but, since we live in RI and are getting married in CT, we will both be at the hotel.

Jelly- we are not planning on paying for our bridal parties attire, but if someone is having trouble doing so, im sure we will step in. We got the tuxes at 50% off, and we also put down a $50 deposit, so instead of getting our deposit money back we will take 10 off each guys tux rental. As far as the girls, I am trying to be very budget friendly with the dresses i look into. and, find dresses that they can wear again. however, if your mom has the money and wants to pay for them, or a good portion of them, let her! lol. after being in several weddings, i would have LOVED that!!! It cam get really expensive...dress, shoes, hair, nails, makeup, a gift, hotelroom, etc, etc.

welcome to the boards!!!!

kdigiamm Posts : 21 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: bryansloveandky...

Hello everyone...hope all is going well in the planning department for everyone! I have stopped the planning and such for a bit due to the H1N1 flu taking over my house and infecting my two youngest children. FH and I have been battling with the idea of paying for hotel rooms as well. We have blocked off lots of rooms for guests and the bridal party, however is it wrong to have the bridal party pay for their own room? We figure since they are traveling the distance to be in the wedding we should atleast pay for their rooms, but it is rather expensive. We have also considered paying for half the room since we are getting a discount for all of them.
On a different note...I don't have anyone to do my hair where our wedding is being held. They have a limited amount of salons and none will do up-dos for weddings. I have asked my MOH but she wants no part in it. She said she doesn't want to be the reason I don't like my wedding pictures and I am miserable on my wedding day. Ughhhhh....I want my hair half up and half down, my hair is naturally curly, so curls shouldn't be a problem. I have found lots of pictures of hair styles I like I just don't know how to go about making them happen for me. Happy planning!

We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else...for us to find. -Unknown

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: kdigiamm

kdigiamm- Sorry to hear you've got H1N1 in your house. I hope everyone gets better real soon!

As for me, the sun FINALLY decided to make an appearance today, after several days of hiding behind major clouds. We've been trying for a few days to gauge where the sun will be at various times of day, out at my dad's, so we can decide what time the ceremony should start. The guests will be seated facing west so we don't want the sun to be glaring in their eyes. But, on the upside, there are a lot of trees there, so hopefully that will help get rid of the glare. Anyway, since the sun is out today, we are going out to my dad's this afternoon to look at the glare and all that. Yay!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

KDI I hope your sons get better and I hope you don't get sick.

Amanda good luck on the sun glare test LOL! I know how long you have been waiting to do this :-p

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I'm so excited!! We've been working really hard on some of the details, and I'm glad to say we have made some really awesome decisions. We are going with a rustic feel for our wedding. Our ceremony will still be outside at my dad's, which is AWESOME. Our reception is going to be at my mom's farm. There is one barn we are using for dinner, and another barn for the "party" part of the reception. We are having music and dancing, of course, but also we're having pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples, and a corn maze!! My mom is planting extra corn next spring and we're going to make a maze. I'm SO EXCITED about that!! My stepdad is going to have a couple of ponies for the kids. I'm still coming up with ideas for the party. We are really excited about this rustic feel that we are going for. I'm finding a ton of ideas.

With that being said, I've decided that the dress I fell in love with is just too fancy. I want a more relaxed, rustic feel for the attire as well. So I'm on the search for another dress, one I love just as much, but that fits the feel better.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine