Pre-engagement Questions

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Megarielle Posts : 1 Registered: 10/12/09
Pre-engagement Questions
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 10:40 AM

My boyfriend has, at long last, I might add, decided that I am the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. So, we are in what we call a "pre-engagement". The reason we aren't officially engaged is because he feels there are some prerequisites we need to take care of before we start actually planning a wedding, such as he wants to involve his parents in our relationship more (he's already close to my parents) and I can pretty much guarantee that once his parents know what my parents know about the "serious stuff" that's happened throughout the course of our relationship, there WILL be a need to make peace with them. Now, emotionally there is a lot going on because my wonderful man made a huge leap by telling me for sure that he wants to marry me. However, I'm in excitement-mode and I'm not sure if I should indulge myself and start planning (I am just itching to) or if I should put all my energy into these "prerequisites". I know I need to look at what needs to be taken care of on my side before we get officially engaged, and I am already looking at that, but I already feel "ready" just because I finally have that commitment from him.

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: Pre-engagement Questions
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Megarielle

I totally understand your excitement! But I think that you should get to know his family & enjoy what you have now. There is no need to rush into marriage. I know it's going to be difficult because when you finally find the one and he tells you that your the one, it's an amazing feeling that makes you want to start planning a lavish wedding. But trust me when I say, take your time with things. Get to know his friends and family. Date for a little while longer. There is so much you get to know about a person even after you think you already know them. I'm really excited for you & can't wait to hear about the proposal & the ring & the wedding planning, so keep me up-to-date, but remember to enjoy the moment youre in right now! Goodluck & let me know how things go with his fam!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: Pre-engagement Questions
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: Megarielle

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine