October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Cheetah- I added you on Facebook. Mine is:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=513867820&ref=profile#/agd1017?ref=profile

I'd love to add anybody else from here! :)

jelly- The weird thing is, the women in my family LOVE to cook, and are looking forward to doing it for us. But I understand the desire to not make people work on the day of the wedding. Good idea.

Oh and tomorrow we're doing the "glare test" out at my dad's. We are going to be out there in mid-late afternoon and watch to see how much glare there is, in the spot that we're having the ceremony. Luckily there are a LOT of trees so hopefully that will help. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I added you both too!

Thanks about my name :) It's different. I used to hate it but now I am used to it lol.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1290900143&ref=profile

Add me!

Today was exciting. Despite the fact that my wedding wasn't today it was fun to look at the clock and notice that a year from now my wedding will have started. A year from now we'll be walking back down the aisle as husband and wife. A year from now we'll be at Pat O's drinking the night away!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Ok I added you Rebecca!

Btw I love all of our tickers now! No more "one year and..." LOL.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I know! I love our tickers as well. Things are getting real! =)

So...after some car trouble (very expensive car trouble) we may not be able to afford the videographer. So I was thinking we could get a nice video camera and have someone record the ceremony for us as well as the first dance, cake cutting, ect.

What do you think?

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca, I think it would be totally fine to just have someone record your ceremony and first dance, just make sure you get someone reliable! Depending on how close you want the video, you could just set up a tripod for the ceremony so that no one has to be in charge of holding it.

I bought our invites today! I was at Wal-mart with my parents in the computer paper aisle, and found packets of 25 sheets of leaf-print paper for a DOLLAR. I'm going to write our invites like a letter, and then fold them up and tie them with raffia and send them in nice envelopes. I'm going to start working on some wording ideas. The paper was so cheap, we got 225 sheets! There's no way we'll be sending out that many invites, so that gives me lots of paper to play with in terms of formating and font colors. Anybody have any ideas on wording for letter-style invites?

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

We are doing something a little different for the wedding video. I was not real keen on having a videographer; I'm more into spending money on a really good photographer. So we decided to have a little fun with the video. We are giving the video camera to Eric's 9 year old niece, and letting her go with it. I think it will be wildly amusing to watch the video afterwards and see my wedding from a 9 year old's perspective.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

jelly- I have never heard of letter-style invites, but it sounds very neat!! I hope you can find some examples and figure it out. And awesome deal you found!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda, that is a cool idea! I'm thinking about having a friend of ours, who is going to school for communications/videography and working as a cameraman at a location new station, do our videography. I'm not sure how much I care about having a video, but I'm think it will be nice to have in case I wanted to it or to show my kids/grandkids or pack away in a time capsule.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

hey ladies! happy less than 12 month countdown to all!

aside from a very expensive emergency vet visit for our dog, we had a good day! My fiance was joking that it was our dogs "objection" to us leaving him with someone else during the honeymoon!

I had a hair trial today! I am going to post some pics here...let me know what you think. its not really what i wanted, but im not sure i can get what i want.

now, here are a few about 7 hours later....

and...a couple more in my dress!

here is a photo of what i wanted:

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

OMG Toast your hair looks like the way I want to wear it!! I want to keep my hair down and have curls. I'm going for my trial sometime next year. But that style looks good on you. Your dress looks good too. I'm sorry about your doggie. Is he ok?

Rebecca we are not having a videographer. We are buying a camcorder and having a relative film the ceremony and the first dance and other important stuff that comes along the way. I figured we save money that way.

Jelly I love that idea of the letter invites. It's very different and personal :)

Amanda that is pretty neat to have a 9yr old film. But you may get a lot of people's feet in the video lol.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

I love your hair. I think it looks beautiful!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah, I'm ok with however the video works out. I am actually excited to see how it turns out.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Toast, I think your hair looks great. I do think there is something a little different between your picture and the picture of the hair you want, but I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe try a larger barrel curling iron? I think the curls look a little more relaxed in the "model" picture.

I haven't even talked to my hairdresser about a hairstyle. I think I want to do a French twist, but I'm in the process of growing it out so maybe I'll want to wear it down (and be more comfortable!) lol

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

we are not having video. i personally think it is a waste of money. but, thats just me. but, the way i see it, you probably wont really watch it, and you are not going to look 100% the ENTIRE day. ya know? when you are sitting there picking the piece of hair out of your eye, or made a funny face or something, you can only edit so much. if you did that during your first dance for example, you cant edit that out.

i personally think things are relived better thru photos.

amanda- i think the 9yr old doing the video is great!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine