I need help.

Online Users: 1,254 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

StaceyFacey Posts : 3 Registered: 8/5/09
Re: I need help.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Like you said, it's a public forum. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I was merely stating mine. You shouldn't reprove me for writing a reply so late, nor should you say everyone has a right to their own opinion and then attack mine. Unethical.

Yes, many cultures do abominable things, but is it really such a crime to get married young? Minors or not, anyone has a right to get married when they are ready for it. Marriage is commitment to someone for the rest of their lives. If a person is ready to take that step at an early age, you shouldnt condone it.

If you wanted to get married at 18, you wouldnt want people bringing you down every step of the way telling you you're doing something wrong and you're too young.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: StaceyFacey

Just because your 18 years old doesn't mean that you don't have life experience and that your not ready for such a big commitment.

Yes, it does. You'll realize that when you have another few years under your belt.

I'm not trying to be mean. When I was 18, I probably would have said the same things you're saying, and I understand why you're saying them. However, if you read this post in another few years, you'll be struck with how naive you sound. As I said, I'm not trying to be mean, but the fact that you think that your 18 years on this earth have given you lots of life experience tells me how inexperienced you are.

You can fall in love at 18, but it doesn't mean you should get married. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, so don't mess up your life by rushing too quickly into adult life and situations. You're barely an adult, but you're not 'grown up' yet. Take your time. You'll find out soon that time marches on regardless of what you want it to do. In a few short years, you'll have the life experience and maturity to start a better marriage - but I couldn't advise it for even the most mature 18-years old I've ever met.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Revenwyn Posts : 48 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

When I was 18 there was a man I hoped to marry as well. He had been my childhood love, and we had talked marriage. He had saved money for the two of us to go to Vegas and elope. But we lost contact when his family discovered our intent.

Now, at 26, I am engaged to someone else and cannot imagine what my life would be like if I had married the other. He was the wrong type for the person I developed into, and we would have had a lot of quarrels.

I know I was not ready to marry at 18.

Besides the point, the young man who is attached to the OP is in the Navy. He may be trying to protect the girl from further heartbreak in case something happens to him. Although the Navy is probably one of the safer branches of the armed forces to be in at the moment, that doesn't mean they will remain totally without attack.

I know a young woman who is a widow right now even though her husband was not involved in the war, and was rather on a training mission. His plane crashed, and she was left widowed at the age of 19.

He may think it's easier to be a grieving sweetheart than a grieving widow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping and praying our day will come soon.

tellyy Posts : 27 Registered: 10/31/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: beautifulbridet...

girl,i got one thing to say: travel. i wish i was traveling when i was 18

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: beautifulbridet...

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine