Diet Pills and Adderall !!!!!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Diet Pills and Adderall !!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:15 PM

Okay, I have 2 months until my wedding and I'm starting to freak out! I need to drop like 20-25 pounds...but it has been hard. I was on Adderall for my ADHD, but I got off of it like 3 months ago just to take a break. My cravings have increased, and my energy has been so low since then.When I was on Adderall, I was wayyyy more motivated, energized and most importantly...FOCUSED. But I stopped taking them bc I would get really depressed when they wore off in the evenings. That is one of the side effects. You crash bigggg time!

I feel like I have gained 5-10 extra pounds since then getting off of it! I am debating either getting back on my adderall. But part of me wants to just do diet pills because they actually make me lose loads of weight. My FH is very anti-diet pills, and he would be pissed if I got them. But at this rate I'm worried that I won't lose the weight without taking them. And if I don't lose it, my dress will not fit the way I want it to! I just started back working out, and I will be going grocery shopping for diet food tonight. I'm not just looking to take a pill and get skinny. I'm willing to work out like crazy, and eat better too. So I guess my question is should I get diet pills. Have any of you tried them? If so, what brand, and what were your results?
-The Blushing BrideCool

Re: Diet Pills and Adderall !!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Anyone?
-The Blushing BrideCool

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Ok from what I get out of your post is you have 2 months to lose about 25 pounds. I say skip the diet pills. As much as I would love to tell you that this is a healthy goal, it is not. Your FH is right. Diet pills are no good. They really don't make much of a difference, if they make a difference at all. That said you should still focus your energies on getting healthy. And you CAN focus. If you were taken off the Adderol your doctor must have enough faith in your focusing abilities or you would have been switched to something else. Don't send yourself overboard. Just focus on being healthy. Eat right and exersize. Get enough sleep. And talk to your doctor if you're still worried. But diet pills come with a huge ammount of risks all their own that really doesn't outweigh their benefits. Espically since you're only talking about a few pounds here. Yes, 25 counts as a few.
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

Edited because I'm awesome at reading.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: MissApril

Girl I have wayyyy more than 5-10pds to lose...lol. When I first got engaged last year I decided I would lose at least 20 or more pounds before the wedding. Of course I've been up and down, but I have to get serious about it now. I quit my adderall back in May and have added another 5-10 pounds. I haven't weighed myself...but my body looks bigger so I can tell I have put on more weight recently. So that now means I need to lose a total of about 25 pounds or so to make up for everything. But my doctor didn't take me off of my adderall, I just stopped taking them on my own. As a result I am less likely to get stuff done now If I call him, he will write me a new prescription. I think I might just see if he can put me on another type that doesn't make me crash as hard. Aside from improving my energy and focus, the adderall also helps keep my appetite controlled. I get so focused on everything else, that food is not an interest.

But it is crunch time now so I was debating trying phentermine instead. Idk...

-The Blushing BrideCool

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

It's going to be really, really difficult to lose 25 pounds in two months, if not impossible. 20 might be slightly more realistic, if you are really good. But remember, WEIGHT isn't as important as inches lost. Do LOTS of cardio, and some strength training...if you are really nervous, you could also see a seamstress and find out if the dress can be "taken out' even a tiny bit, because that might alleviate some of your frustrations.

I wouldn't screw around with mediations to lose weight. If you actually think that you are having trouble OTHERWISE not having your medication, the by all means, talk to your doctor. But don't use a pill only for the side effects. Too easy to lead to abuse of it down the road...does that make sense?

What does your dress look like NOW if you put it on?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Just wanted to add. 25 pounds, in my experience, has never made a difference in how pretty, sexy or beautiful someone is. So PLEASE stop worrying too much. You're beautiful now. And if you focus on being HEALTHY for the next couple of months you will be absolutely georgous on your wedding day (and night!)
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Thanks, my dress is a corset so it actually makes me look realllllly tiny in the waist area. The only thing is that I have to lose my arms and back/bra fat(I have DD's) bc it is spilling over. You can tell that it is too small now just because of how the "V" of the corset is shaped when it's tightened...but I could just lose 10-15 pounds and easily fit into the dress without bra/back fat spilling over. Thing is I would like to get really skinny again because I was super small when I met my FH a few yrs ago. I want to feel like the old me again...especially on the beach during our honeymoon...lol. My corset dress might make my waist look tiny...but when that bikini goes on the corset won't be there to save me..lol. But I have also had problems with my ADHD since getting off of the Adderall, but I just didn't want to have to deal with the crash and mood swings. If my doctor can alter my prescription it would probably improve my life all around...I just don't like the way I feel when the current dosage wears off. My FH says I should just get the Adderall bc it would help me focus more and not be so ADHD....haha. I am a bit all over the place at times when I'm not on it.
-The Blushing BrideCool

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: MissApril

Thanks for the encouragemnt girl
-The Blushing BrideCool

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Blushing Bridezilla...I can definitely relate to wanting to get back to the "old" you (I feel that way too...the stress of infertility caused me to overeat...great plan, gain weight BEFORE pregnancy..silly me). Of course, I think that mindset is somewhat unhealthy...only because what if you lose a lot of weight and inches, look fantastic, but still aren't QUITE as small as you were before? You end up feeling frustrated. So...I know it's hard, but if you try to change your mindset little by little, you'll probably end up with a LOT more confidence!

I can also relate to medications effecting weight gain. For me, it was the opposite...I lost a ton of weight while I was going through a really bad doubt of depression, then the medication for it gave me a HUGE appetite...so on came the weight! I just had to keep reminding myself that my health was more important than a few extra pounds, so whatever you decide with your medication, let it be for your health. You can still lose the weight other ways!

I am very glad that your wedding dress will fit with only another 10 pounds so to lose, which is DEFINITELY possible in two months! And I also agree that you look gorgeous right now...no amount of weight loss can create a pretty face, so I think you should at least feel good that you have a pretty face at any weight :)

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Thanks so much, I think it would help if I try to look at it from a more positive perspective. We women just worry so much about weight. I wish guys had the pressure to look fabulous...lol. My FH is slim and tall. He eats like a sumo, but literally struggles to gain a pound. It probably takes him 6 months to even gain 5...but he just ends up going right back down to his regular size....lucky bastard...lol. I'm so jealous...haha.
-The Blushing BrideCool

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 2:15 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Know what else is annoying? That men can eat great for like, two days and BOOM! They're down 10 pounds. I think it's the extra muscle that they tend to have...burns more fat. Still not fair!

Seriously though, I think people succeed more at weight loss when they already feel pretty good about themselves...helps to motivate, I think. So just keep working on that!

jenny71208 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/15/09
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Good luck ladies!

Edited by: jenny71208 on Nov 4, 2009 2:26 PM

MarissaRowland Posts : 33 Registered: 10/2/09
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

The healthiest way is the best way. Diet pills and such aren't always the best idea. Nor are they healthy for you. There is really no substitute for eating healthy and exercise.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine