Maternity Bridesmaid

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Jan 28, 2005 2:31 PM

My beautiful matron of honor will be 7 months pregnant for our wedding this June. Any advice on where to find a great dress? Most of what I've seen imply that she shouldn't be pregnant, she doesn't have to hide it!

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Jan 28, 2005 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Watters & Watters has beautiful maternity gowns. Their web site is below. Another suggestion would be to have her wear a regular maternity evening gown in the same color pallette as the other bridesmaids. No need to cover it up! She'll be beautiful!

http://www.watters.com/indexFlash.php

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Jan 28, 2005 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree, no need to cover it up. It's a beautiful thing! I know David's Bridal has a few dresses on there website.

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Jan 31, 2005 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I remember seeing a bit in a wedding magazine, maybe weddingbells? about this. I think Jenny Yoo is doing some pretty preggers maids dresses. I think the idea that it should be hidden is horribly old-fashioned. What could be more appropriate for celebrating a new marriage than a new life on the way? The only thing I think you need to worry about is making sure she is comfortable...probably have her wear flats and perhaps assign some of her duties to another maid, depending on how her pregnancy is going. Some women feel fabulous at 7 months, but I know for some it's very tiring and uncomfortable.

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 1, 2005 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Once you get closer, you may want to arrange to have your bridal party sit in the front pews after the processional. That way your MOH can sit without drawing attention to her doing so.

As someone else said, some women feel wonderful at 7 months and others are tired and/or worn out.

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 2, 2005 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Make sure she's comfortable, and while she should look tasteful and dignified, there's no need to hide her pregnancy. As long as whatever she wears is comfortable, well-fitted, and otherwise flattering, she'll be fine.

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 18, 2005 4:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am having this same issue too and when I posted the only two suggestions I recieved were Watters and Davids Bridal!I didn't really see anything I loved on either site. i was considering getting her the same dress as the bridesmaids, it has an empire waistline, in a much bigger size and then having it altered to fit her right. Does anyone think this will work? Oh-shes gonna be about 7-8 months!!

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 23, 2005 3:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also having the same problem with 2 of my bridesmaides. What should I do?

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 24, 2005 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i'm in the same position. i'll be in a wedding in june and will also be 7 months pregnant. i found all the dresses to look like moo-moo. nothing pretty. try this web site. it has one semi-good looking dress.
http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/ i've also thought about buying a reg. bridesmaid dress in a super large size and having it altered. anyone know if this works?

good luck!

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Feb 24, 2005 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest
Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Mar 2, 2005 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This company was more maternity bridal and bridesmail dresses than anyone on the web. They also make custom maternity dresses.

http://www.tk-designs.com/maternity/index.html

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Mar 2, 2005 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi:

Visit www.jimhjelm.com, they have beautiful dresses.

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Mar 17, 2005 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was 8 1/2 months pregnant in my sisters wedding and I just bought the same dress in a much larger size and had it altered in to fit around my chest and it looked beautiful.

quote:
Originally posted by topeka:
i'm in the same position. i'll be in a wedding in june and will also be 7 months pregnant. i found all the dresses to look like moo-moo. nothing pretty. try this web site. it has one semi-good looking dress.
http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/ i've also thought about buying a reg. bridesmaid dress in a super large size and having it altered. anyone know if this works?

good luck!

Maternity Bridesmaid
Posted: Apr 7, 2005 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a bridesmaid to be in September. I will be 8 months pregnant, and the advise the bride to be was given was to have me order the dress in the biggest size they have. That way about a month before the wedding they can alter it to fit me. They say it's better to have too much fabric than not enough. But I would check with whoever you are getting your dresses from just to make sure. Good Luck Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine