October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I love those invites! I remember seeing those somewhere. Oh and that is good that you are getting married in your mom's yard!! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda- I had ordered a sample of those invitations from Seasons of Love by Dawn, but in the winter design. We were going to have a Dec/2011 wedding but we didn't want to wait that long. Anyway, I really like that design too! The paper has a nice pearly sheen to it.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda, those are great invites. Are you getting them from Invitations by Dawn? I've seen them in that catalog along with soo many other awesome invites.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding planning guide

My planning blog: 

http://michaelandcaitlinforever.blogspot.com/

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

has anyone looked into getting their dress cleaned and preserved after the wedding?

what about pricing on getting it pressed prior to the wedding, after the alterations are done?

those invites are cute. is anyone going to be DIY'ing their invites?

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Honestly, I haven't even thought about gown preservation or pressing. I think the shop I bought my dress from does preserving, so maybe I'll check when I go in to look for BM dresses. I know a lot of dry cleaners around here preserve gowns, too.

I really want to DIY my invites, but I think it might be more stress than it's worth. I'm not an artist, and I don't have a very good design program (I like to use Microsoft Publisher, but it's not great). I know that Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop or something is supposed to be really great, but I don't have the money to invest in something like that, even though I'm sure I would use it again.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding planning guide

My planning blog: 

http://michaelandcaitlinforever.blogspot.com/

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Honestly I'd much rather do the invitations myself. I know exactly what I want, I can see it in my mind, but I have not been able to find it anywhere in catalogs or online. I'd love to do it myself but I can't figure out how.

I don't know about preserving my gown yet. I don't know if I would want to or not. I can't imagine wanting to keep it- I'll never wear it again. But then again, who knows? I may have a sentimental daughter someday.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Not sure about my gown either. I probably won't want to spend more money on that dress since I won't wear it again and I doubt my daugther would want to wear it (if I even have any kids).

Hey ladies it's almost a YEAR away!!! I'm wondering do you have any plans with your fiance on celebrating that one year mark? Are you having a pre-anniversary dinner or something? The way my fh and I are celebrating is going to our wedding venue and get some food to go and bring it back to our apartment (they are only a banquet place so they only do take-out). While we are up there we will see how colorful the trees are and how things look so that we get an idea of how it will look like NEXT year!! I'm excited lol

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I am going to make my own invitations. I just want really simple and plain ones and it seems silly, to me, to spend atleast $100+ on them.

I am going to do something like this:
W3716_330lr.jpg image by Lydia31

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We are not doing anything special for the one year "pre-anniversary." Eric is involved in a big band competition here, with his old high school, helping it go off without a hitch. That's this weekend and so we'll be busy with that. I do kinda want to go out to my parents and see what the sun and glare looks like at different times of day, so we can nail down the ceremony time once and for all.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found THE dress. Earlier today I was looking at dresses online with my FMIL and my FH's aunt. When we came across this dress, tears literally came to my eyes and my heart started racing. Ever since I started looking at dresses, I've come across a dress here or there that I liked parts of, or that I thought were ok. But none that came anywhere near to giving me a reaction like this one does. I agreed to go look other dresses, in local bridal salons, but to be honest, I just KNOW this one is it. Ever since we found it earlier today, anytime I've been online I've found myself staring at it longingly.

DreamDress.jpg Dream Dress!! picture by dittmerbullard2010

DreamDressback.jpg Dream Dress back picture by dittmerbullard2010

DreamDressbackclose.jpg Dream Dress Back picture by dittmerbullard2010

DreamDressbodice.jpg Dream Dress Bodice picture by dittmerbullard2010

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Getfitbride Posts : 1 Registered: 10/6/09
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 2:57 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Fun!

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Agd that's great that you found your dress! I can't see the pic cuz I am at work :( But once I get home I will take a look. I also saw my dress online and knew right away that it was THE dress! It was at David's Bridal website and I got the exact same feeling that you did. I got teary eyed and my heart started to beat fast and I got all happy LOL. I saw other dresses online but I never got the same feeling with any other dress. So I went to David's Bridal and I tried on a few other dresses but when I tried on that one dress that I fell in love with I knew right there and then that I HAD to buy it! lol.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I was the exact opposite. I found dresses online that took my breath away but when I went to try them on they didn't look right or they definately weren't the one.

The minute I put on "my dress" I knew it was the one but when I look at it online it's like....uh...If I had seen the online picture before the dress I would never have tried it on.

Just something to keep in mind. =)

AGD: Your dress is absolutely beautiful though. Can't wait to see it on you!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

i like the dress too!!

I agree with the other poster...there were a few dresses online i thought would be great but once i tried them on they looked horrible on me. and vice versa...there were some in the shop that i did not think would look nice but they were really nice on me!

so...just keep in mind different styles look different on people. but, i like the one you picked so far.

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

we actually are having a "One year to go" type party! lol. its sort of fitting for us too since we have been engaged for 16 months already! lol

we are having a few friends over for dinner and drinks, then go into downtown Providence for what is called "waterfires". they have these floating fire pits all along the river downtown, and they play instrumental music, have gondola rides, etc. its a lot of fun to go!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine