Frustrations with MOH

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 42

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Frustrations with MOH
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

You don't choose your MOH because of what they are going to do for you, you should choose her based on your relationship with her! How shady would that be to tell your best friend "I'm sorry, since you are unable to host a shower/bachelorette party for me, your going to have to step down as MOH". I don't agree that their only duties are to stand up, wear a dress, and sign a marriage license, I do think they should be supportive and show their excitment to you, but that shouldn't come along with being a MOH or BM, it should come along with being a friend. However they are to you during every other aspect of your life, rather it's on a day to day basis, or when something big is going on in your life, that is how they should be for your wedding and I think that is why you should choose your attendants based on that.

My MOH is my 17yr old sister, she won't even be able to attend part of my bachelorette party because of her age (I'm one who does want to go all out!) and there is no way she'd be ale to throw a bridal shower all by herself. Theres no way I could make her step down as MOH just because of that, her being my MOH is more than just throwing me a couple parties.

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 10:41 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

hopefully, this actually shows who i'm responding to, since her post showed it was directed to me...

you say that you don't agree/understand( i hate i can't read things while i'm answering, sorry), that they shouldn't be expected to have duties, that they should just expect to show up and where a dress, and not just have to sign a license, etc...YET YOU, have put a 17 y/o in that place! you asked her to show up, stand by you, which is fantastic...BUT the ONE person YOU choose to stand next to you on ONE of THE most important days of your life, cannot only NOT attend your bachelorette party, she doesn't have the means to hold your shower...have YOU EVER wondered, how she feels about that?!!!(that aside from the fact she's doing you a huge "service", she doesn't get to take part in activities? she's like a "pretty child in an organza dress")...like women who hate kids, but can't stand the thought of not having a flower girl, and then demand her parents take the child home immediately. did you not think, that maybe you need to make sure an ALL AGED b-party should take place so that your SISTER can participate?! my 14 y/o sister(she'd be 15 then) was supposed to be my MOH, till the drama of "i'm 14, perfect, and always right", got in the way of that...BUT when she was my MOH, my OLDER maids, knew that while they would be actually splitting costs with my mom(not sister), they also knew, that any and ALL parties, were to be aged appropriately...and yes, that even included a stupid lingerie party(barring all toys, thankfully)...and she would have attended, b/c at that time, i'd have known she had the maturity to handle things like sheer panties, and cupless bras...and THEN my mother agreed...lord knows, she's been subjected to worse(but that's a school district issue, not a parenting issue, as i'm sure it might be commented upon).

so, while you didn't agree with the OP, who is having issues with her MOH, you are pretty much cutting yours out...do you feel better about yourself? do you?!

god, the few friends who recommended this site, i can definitely see why i cannot seem to find their posts...they don't come here anymore! it's not moderated, full of spam, and hateful know-it-alls, who think b/c they were raised with a damned book balancing on their head, that they know everything...well, guess what, while you were holding that book on your head, it seems your hands were in other spots

*urgh, i cannot figure out these stupid siggies on this site!**

Edited by: Soon2BAPrice on Sep 28, 2009 10:41 PM

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

Soon2baPrice, aren't YOU just the little sweetie pie? (That was sarcasm, in case you missed it.)

The point of the previous poster's comment was not that she didn't think the MOH should do a bit more than show up, but that the relationship itself was what was most important. Her sister is very important to her and she wanted her as her MOH.

Yet you think you should dictate to her that she should scale down the type of bachelorette function she has wanted, simply because her sister is too young? If her friends are willing to go with her to celebrate, there is no reason that she should scale it down.

The MOH is chosen, as are the bridesmaids, not because of how they will look in a dress, what they can do for the bride, but because of the relationship between the bride and the bridesmaids, moh. My MOH, and my bridesmaid, was from out of town, and did not get in until 3 days (in the evening) prior to the wedding. As such, I didn't expect them to throw me parties. They wanted to...but they couldn't. And I was okay with that. So were they.

To expect someone to do the things that the original poster did is ridiculous. To demand that she get a bridal shower at this point is a bit stupid. She's not getting married until 2010...so it is at least 3 months away. A bit early for the shower. And it's also a bit early to be planning the bachelorette.

Regarding the invites: I am sorry but asking someone to design the graphics and asking someone to hand craft invitations are NOT the same thing, and if Jenny thinks they are, then Jenny is a ding ding. Her MOH needed to see what style of invite Jenny was going to buy so that she could design the graphics. Her MOH, incidentally, also needed to know what wording Jenny was planning on using as that is part of the design. This is speaking as someone who used DIY kits and had a unique graphic logo incorporated into them. We got a LOT of compliments on our invites. Jenny was being completely unreasonable, and her MOH was not being difficult by asking her to pick out the invites she liked. Jenny was.

And YOU are completely out of line for yelling at someone for choosing someone who is extremely special to her to be her MOH.

But if you're not enjoying brides.com...please feel free to visit the knot. I am sure you'll feel a lot more at home with those bitches over there.

Ta!

Misty

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

Soon2B, you are way out of line with those comments about Mrs JDLeo having her sister as MOH. Way out of line. I'm sure that a mature 17 year old understands what is age appropriate and what isn't and will understand that big sis will have elements of her celebration she can't attend. I really don't see where this venom came from.

The OP was wrong and you are seriously out of order.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

To any crazy ass women on here:

If you think anyone has a duty over loving and supporting you on your wedding day (and any pre wedding jitters and organizing) then you will only be let DOWN! Seriously. I had a BM disappear off the face of the earth after I paid for half of her dress. Never saw or heard from her again. It didn't even put a dent in my happiness.

Bridal mags and websites stay in busy by keeping brides busy planning. If one thinks their bridal party isn't supposed to do one single thing, then why would you buy their mags going over the "Top 20 things EVERY bride must know and DO!"

Throw the books out the WINDOW today! No wedding is the same nor perfect. If you don't learn that now, you'll continue to be disappointed from now until your wedding day.

To any bride: GROW UP and be grateful for any love you get. It's a wedding, not a Nazi camp.

PS: deleting your post doesn't erase it from historical pages. To preserve your dignity (what's left of it), I won't repost it. That act would be as childish as the OP removing it.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Nicely said ladies - ie. Cat, Browne and Mush. Mush - LOVE LOVE LOVE the tag.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PTG, It's just silly! I was a MOH in a wedding. The bride CRIED when she got a card and a check from us. She said I was there to send her funny emails, stay up late and tie ribbons on the favors, and just be family to her. She was overwhelmed by how much people loved her.....never complained. I modeled myself as a bride after her and never had a worry despite MUCH going nutso the day of and the day prior to our wedding. Really, who plans to be robbed two days before your wedding?! lol

Oh, and I felt the tag FIT this situation perfectly. It's my task I joyfully performed.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

you say that you don't agree/understand( i hate i can't read things while i'm answering, sorry), that they shouldn't be expected to have duties, that they should just expect to show up and where a dress, and not just have to sign a license, etc...

No, I said this " I don't agree that their only duties are to stand up, wear a dress, and sign a marriage license, I do think they should be supportive and show their excitment to you, but that shouldn't come along with being a MOH or BM, it should come along with being a friend." Tell me why you chose your attendants. If you have your best friend who cannot afford to throw a bridal shower, and doesn't like to host parties, but then another friend who your not that close with who has unlimited funds to throw you a bridal shower, bachelorette party and every other party, and loves to host parties, which would you choose to be your MOH? If you would choose the the other friend over the best friend, then I truly feel sorry for you because you obviously don't value your friendships and are basically making it like your hiring them to do a job, not to be your friend. I hope your atleast giving them some sort of compensation!

YET YOU, have put a 17 y/o in that place! you asked her to show up, stand by you, which is fantastic...BUT the ONE person YOU choose to stand next to you on ONE of THE most important days of your life, cannot only NOT attend your bachelorette party, she doesn't have the means to hold your shower...have YOU EVER wondered, how she feels about that?!!!

OMG you have a point, I'm such a rotten sister to ask my sister to stand up in my wedding, even though she can't can't attend part of my bachelorette party (see my previous post), and she won't be able to throw the shower all by herself (again, see my previous post) I'm sure she's just beaten herself up every day and losing sleep over the fact that I want her to be my MOH, regardless of what she's capable of! How tacky of my sister and I to not put a price tag on what we mean to each other, gosh, what went wrong with our upbringing! I guess I was wrong for choosing her, even though we love each other to death, are always there for each other, and the fact that she balled tears of joy when I came home to tell my family I was getting married and ran right up to my FH to give him a hug and told him how happy she was he was going to be her brother. Not even to mention how she's still being my "go-to" person with the whole wedding process (remember, it's not just a shower and a bachelorette party), having girl's nights just planning, coming with me to try on dresses EVERY SINGLE time I went dress shopping, even though she hates shopping but actually had an awesome time dress shopping with me. I also wanted to add, rather my sister can throw a shower for me or not, I think what would have hurt her is if I didn't ask her to be my MOH.

that aside from the fact she's doing you a huge "service", she doesn't get to take part in activities? she's like a "pretty child in an organza dress

Well I guess so since the bridal shower and bachelorette parties are the only activities, right? (and when did I say she's totally dis-included from the "activities") Oh and just so you know, she's not a "pretty child", she's a beautiful woman!

like women who hate kids, but can't stand the thought of not having a flower girl, and then demand her parents take the child home immediately.

Can you please explain to me how you even came up with that analogy? Since you obviously had trouble reading my post (yeah you used that lame excuse of not being able to read a post while replying, but there's always copy and paste...I'm pretty sure every computer comes with that function) I'll explain in more detail. When I said PART of my bachelorette party, I meant the night club part, but we are doing something during the day/evening specifically for the reason that I want her to be included! I can't help it that she's so much younger than me, and I do want to go out and party that night too at the bars and clubs, so what's wrong with having a 2-part bachelorette party? And the shower, notice I said she can't plan it all on her own. Any person who is able to breathe should understand that means she's having help. Are you having trouble breathing?

did you not think, that maybe you need to make sure an ALL AGED b-party should take place so that your SISTER can participate?!

Did you not think that maybe you need to not tell brides what they need to do for there bachlorette parties? Last time I checked, your not even on my guest list, let alone hosting any of my parties, so why are you trying to tell me what to do?

my 14 y/o sister(she'd be 15 then) was supposed to be my MOH, till the drama of "i'm 14, perfect, and always right", got in the way of that

So you're one of those brides. We all know what it's like to be a teenager, I could never kick out my sister just because of the life phase she was going through, especially when we know we've all been there! That's where me and you differ, BIG TIME! (Thank God!)

so, while you didn't agree with the OP, who is having issues with her MOH, you are pretty much cutting yours out...do you feel better about yourself? do you?!

I feel fine with myself, I haven't done anything wrong. I chose my attendants based on who they are to me, not what they can do for me. And after reading about how you demoted your sister from being MOH, I really don't even understand what your going off on me for?

god, the few friends who recommended this site, i can definitely see why i cannot seem to find their posts...they don't come here anymore!

Well if they're good friends of yours, I can see why too. Most of the ladies on here value our relationships and friendships with others, and obviously you don't, and since people are usually friends with people who share the same values, they obviously wouldn't fit in here.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

To the OP: I'll respond to your added comments.

"I never asked her to spend money on anything - in fact my mother offered to pay for everything."

This is very kind of her. Score one for mom.

"If it wasn't for my mother, I would not have had a bridal shower."

Well, that's a bummer, but a shower isn't a requirement.

"MOH and I went over a list of things that are traditional duties of the MOH and said she was willing and more than happy to do all of them. If she wasn't she should have spoken up."

True. Although it's also possible that she was willing to do it initially, but things came up in life that made it impossible to do so. Maybe she offered to do the bacherlorette party because it would have been less work for her. You never know...did you ask?

"While i respect your opinions ( as you should mine), i feel that many of you need to read up on being a maid of honor."

I've been a Maid of Honour. I've had a Maid of Honour. Neither I, nor my sister (my MOH) were given a list of "duties". If I needed someone that badly, I would have a)waited for someone to outwardly offer, or b) hired a wedding coordinator.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 5:50 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

So you're one of those brides. We all know what it's like to be a teenager, I could never kick out my sister just because of the life phase she was going through, especially when we know we've all been there! That's where me and you differ, BIG TIME! (Thank God!)

I did not "kick out" my sister...she withdrew herself...in the midst of planning with our original date, we'd have a wedding(ours), my brother was having a baby, and my son was turning 1...so my sister literally said "**** you guys, i'm obviously not important, since everyone wants to get knocked up(our brother's g/f), and you had baby on the day before your anniversary, and you and mom and Fiance and everyone wants to have all this at one time, in 2 different states. so you can do it yourself". of course, that's also coming from the same kid, who sat in my home all summer, talking crap about our mom, and went home and LITERALLY repeated the same story to our mom, about me...so i didn't kick her out. she had her say, she got caught in her lies. in that little turn of events, she decided she would rather stay with her friend when our wedding comes, and right now, she's sitting at home with my mom's FMIL, because she refused to go to florida and see our nephew be born...sure, it's a life-phase...but pacifying her, is NOT going to make it right. it only teaches her that we will continue accomodating her immaturity and lying habits.

i won't fully apologize, but maybe i misread a few of your sentences...but either way, to me, i just don't think it's right to choose attendants, who are not going to participate in all the activities. and i'm pretty sure a 17 year old ISN'T a child, that's why i made the sarcastic comment...usually, i'm NOT so catty...when it came to choosing my attendants, i chose them both well...my maid of honor, has been the ONLY woman i've been close with, for about 3 years...my matron of honor, aside from her being the best man's wife, has been a great friend to me, and i to her, for about 4 years...and while i don't expect them to do certain things, they're both old enough to know what it traditionally considered their duties...but then, at the same time...because they have to pay travel costs(both of them), as well as bring their children(whom lord knows are like our own nieces and nephews), as well as take off work w/o vacation pay, for an entire week=they aren't having showers for me...they asked...i declined...bachelorette party? sure, let's get a stripper and plant her in my FMIL's living room(that was a joking conversation, my FMIL Is a Reverend)...in fact, it's the other way around for me...not only am i paying for all of their attire, as well as their gift, i'm doing a party for THEM, to thank them for being there for me...i'm also paying for the attire of my maid's children, b/c her son is a ring bearer, and her daughter a flowergirl. nope, didn't do it for the other one...her son is the same age as my son, and is of the age where even she said, he's not going to do anything without her, and he's not going to be old enough to walk down the aisle, nor is he big enough to be pulled in a wagon by the other boys....so yes, i've demanded much to much, of my girls...and as a bridesmaid, i've had to take on a MOH's role, only in planning, because my matron of honors SIL, felt like all she needed to do was hold a bouquet, and arrange a train. I picked out dresses, I went on crazy shoe shopping trips, I paid for my own dress, and my fh's tux(he was best man), i planned her shower, and paid for all of her stuff. I made sure that her OOT female relatives were taken care of, and such while she had other things to do..and obviously if i was such a horrible friend, i'd be making her do all the same...but i'm not...

to the other one, who posted about joining the other bitches on the knot.com.....well, #1, their forums never seem to load, which brings #2, i don't know what they are like...

but, i still say, grown woman who are excited about being a maid of honor, and who decide not to do anything, in fact affect everyone...especially when you have bridesmaids who DO know what they "could/should" do for the bride...and i've had friends get married(where i wasnt in the party), where moh's get all wrapped up in themselves, and only wanted the title...and then you have maids who are strapped, b/c etiquette says, they must invite the MOH...and so not only are they paying for everything, they're also paying for "miss unpredictable" to attend also...so to me, i think the moh is a total title-grabber...

when it comes to the invites, again, i think if she wanted reimbursement she should have said something. not just that, but i do think both ladies should have been on the same page. that being said, say whatever you like....most of you on here just want to criticize...NOT every single person knows every single thing about etiquette. but then, i'm sure each and every one of you hired a professional etiquette coach, just for your wedding, to ensure that no one saw anything, or did anything, that wasn't by the book...my my...

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:38 AM Go to message in response to: Jenny10371

You people are unbelievable..... instead of offering advice to a fellow
bride, you would rather bash the bride because you feel differently
than i do.

Re-read the posts. I didn't see any 'bashing' going on, here. I saw a lot of people explaining that you were wrong, but no 'bashing.'

Anyway, real mature to delete your post because people disagree with you. Why not discuss the subject like an adult and see if you can learn something?

The main issue isn't that you told her what you expected from her. That would have been fine, on its own. The main issue is HOW you told her. Perhaps it's just the way you explained it in your original post, but it sounded like your MOH said, 'I'm so excited to throw you a bachelorette party,' and you responded with, 'Yeah, that's great, but I want you to do a million other things for me, too. In fact, here's twelve websites with long lists of your DUTIES.'

Yes, a MOH has traditional duties, but none are required. It's nice if she's willing and able to do more (and I think most MOH are close friends with the bride and are willing to do much more than the minimum), but at the very least, she needs to show up at the wedding and stand up for the bride. Nobody is 'bashing' anybody whose MOH did more - mine did - but we're simply saying that if the MOH is unable or unwilling to do more, the bride should accept that and be thankful for what her best friend IS able to do. You don't choose your MOH because she can do things for you - you choose her because she's the most important woman in your life. If the fact that she can't or won't perform traditional duties turns you off, you clearly made the wrong decision on who to be your MOH in the first place. If you made the right choice, you'd be happy with her simply showing up to support you. That's all we're saying.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

Honestly, I thought the whole point was speaking from your personal experience. Sometimes people aren't able to do as much for us as we did for them. That is a fact of life. It is hard to accept becaus it isn't fair but it is life. I spoke from the benefit of my personal experience to help someone who, as far as I can see, is going overboard on with her expectations. You seem to want to indulge in some name calling to people who don't agree with her. I will reiterate, you are out of line. You attacked someone for absolutely no reason and won't "apologise fully".

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Innocent

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

It was, browne. There were miscommunications with the OP's MOH....like how she wanted to do the invites (I didn't get the impression it was a reimbursement issue...but that the OP didn't want to use the DIY kits to print the graphics that her MOH designed upon. It sounded like she asked her MOH to design the graphics of her invites, but she thought she asked her MOH to create invites <Graphic Designer and Crafty Person Extraordinaire are not the same>....then she was disappointed when her MOH was doing what she thought the bride had asked for. (And was probably waiting on the bride to provide the invite kits prior to designing for them anyway--hence the delay)

My MOH was splendid. As were my bridesmaids. I didn't come on here to complain about them at any time during my planning process, because I chose wisely. They were great. The one thing I did not realize (due to my not being around them frequently as they live in other cities) is that one of them is a person who you are supposed to adjust the time for (you know those people, always 15 minutes late for everything). So when I said I wanted to leave the hotel for the church at 3:45...to me, that meant "Butt in lobby, 3:45, ready for departure" But apparently not to her. So at 4:00 I had a bit of a stressdown as pictures began at 4:45 and we had not YET left the hotel to get, oh...I don't know... the BRIDE ready. So I pounded on her door (this was after three calls of "hurry up, would ya?!") and when she opened with this "What's the hurry look" I said "Pictures START at 4:45." "Oh they START at 4:45?" (you'd have thought this was the first time I told her this, and it was not) We got me ready in time, but yes, on the day, one caused me stress. I'm a clock watcher and the day's schedule already had me stressed out. If I'd known how she was--I'd have told her to be ready by 3:30. My MOH went MIA during that time too -- but do you know what she was doing? She was riding herd on the slow bridesmaid trying to get her to hurry up--and didn't know that I did not know where she was.

To the OP... people didn't bow to you and say "you're right, she's a bitch. You should fire her." Therefore, you felt like you'd been flamed. No... what I sent to Soon2Ba something was closer to a flame than anything you got. You were out of line. We took someone else's side. We weren't rude. You were simply in the wrong and did not want to hear it.

Misty

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

If I may quote from Emily Post, "Some courtesies- never intentionally embarrassing another, never talking only about oneself, not gossiping, not prying, not asking personal questions, and not staring or pointing at someone, for example, are as old as time and, fervently hope, will last in perpetuity.
Other courtesies have evolved as times have changed. Manners for using electronic communications and protocol for women executives dealing with male clients are examples of things our grandmothers never considered.
Good manners have always been based on common sense and thoughtfulness, and that hasn't changed. From the caution yet kindness required for interpersonal relationships to the graciousness that make celebrations special, there are times when our instincts tell us what to do. There are other times when we just aren't sure.
Part of the requirement for an increased focus on good manners is that there are more people in the world globally, and In our own towns and neighborhoods. Dealing with more people can make getting along with others more difficult than ever before. Whether we are apartment or backyard neighbors, practicing courtesies is increasingly important. The impact of a discourteous neighbor can be greater than it was in a less populated time because most of us tend to live closer together.
When times are so rushed, it is very nice to have ways to smooth the paths between people and establish the beginnings of pleasant relationships. Think of etiquette not as a strict set of rules, but as guidelines for consideration into everything that we do. Manners are the tools that help us direct our desire to be thoughtful..
There is a slogan I have seen lately on posters and t-shirts that augments the suggestions written on these pages. "Practice Random Acts of Kindness". Kindness and courtesy needn't always be deliberate and planned. Spontaneous kindness is an attribute of a person who already is well-mannered and courteous and whole natural instinct for courtesy is demonstrated in everything he or she does. When we get so busy and absorbed in what we have to do, it is nice to have a reminder that acts of kindness make our world a pleasanter place to live." Emily Post

I often see posts on our boards about "etiquette" and see questions about "what is the right thing to do?' I think it is important to remember that etiquette isn't necessarily a specific set of rules set in stone. It is making people around us feel comfortable and accepted. It is just my opinion, but I think it is a brides responsibility to make her wedding party, her guests, and her family feel comfortable and accepted. Welcomed. Sometimes I think brides get it backwards. We often think it is other people's responsibility to make us (the bride) happy and comfortable.

When in doubt, ask yourself, WWEPD? (What would Emily Post do??)

Francie Elaine

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

I often see posts on our boards about "etiquette" and see questions
about "what is the right thing to do?' I think it is important to
remember that etiquette isn't necessarily a specific set of rules set
in stone. It is making people around us feel comfortable and accepted.
It is just my opinion, but I think it is a brides responsibility to
make her wedding party, her guests, and her family feel comfortable and
accepted. Welcomed.

Sometimes I think brides get it backwards. We often
think it is other people's responsibility to make us (the bride) happy
and comfortable.

Exactly this Francie. It's the - But is MYYYYYYY Day (imagine high pitched whiney voice) syndrome.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine