RSVP via email

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ATXlady Posts : 3 Registered: 1/3/09
RSVP via email
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 8:56 PM

Hey everyone!!

I have a quick question regarding my RSVPS for my wedding. FH and I have created a gmail email address to have guests respond for the wedding. I'm curious to find out if anyone else has done this and their experience with it. We're not big into wedding sites so it kind of rules out doing one just to add an RSVP option. We're deciding on this route since we're trying to save money where we can, and I think I'll be more organized in keeping track since I already have a guest list in excel and I lose smaller bits of paper easily!! Also, if you've done this, how did you word it so they knew to respond whether or not they were coming (similar to the 'check yes or no option' on a mailable card)?

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by: ATXlady on Sep 21, 2009 8:56 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: RSVP via email
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: ATXlady

Dear ATX,

Just put a note at the end of the invitation that says

RSVP to xx @ gmail . com or 123 Main St Your town, ST, 00000

You need a postal address for those living in a technological desert (my MIL) without email.

Remember that RSVP cards are a recent invention. People used to be able to take out their own stationery, their own pen, their own envelope and their own stamp and compose an accept or regret note. Now we provide all that for them and cross our fingers they actually managed to put a check mark on a piece of paper and drop it in the mail.

Those who do not have email most likely are of the generation that remembers the lost art of writing and mailing a note.

You don't need to instruct people on how to compose their email. They already know. You'll just have to do what everyone else does. After your due date, you get on the phone and call those who have not responded, and nail them down as having accepted or declined.

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: ATXlady

Wow, great Idea! I will have to employ that, it does save paper, and most of all postage!

Thanks!
love brings change

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: ATXlady

Hey! I made an email account for RSVPs too, and it made things super easy, and inexpensive. One thing I did was make two email folders called "attending" and "not attending" it made it easier when the time came to count up the total I could just click on one folder and not weed through the "yes's" and "no's". I let people know at the bottom of our wedding invitation, I put "Please RSVP at ourlastnameweddingreply@hotmail.com by (our RSVP date)." And that made things so much easier, I'd just check the email everyday and keep a total going. I'd suggest using a fun and easy email address that ppl will easily remember when they sit down to check their emails at night. Avoid using numbers or weird spellings/words and keep it simple, it just makes it more likely that people will RSVP. Good luck and have fun!!

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

bride4life Posts : 499 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Just make sure that you know who has email and who does not. My grandma and none of my great aunts have computers let alone internet. I also have some friends and other family members who do not have computers.. Keep those people in mind.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine