Sex Toy Party for Bachlorette Party

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

trixy612 Posts : 46 Registered: 11/5/07
Sex Toy Party for Bachlorette Party
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 1:20 PM

I live in the Buffalo, NY region. My BFF lives in NYC. I am helping to plan her bachlorette party and would love to have a sex toy party! I was wondering if anyone who lives/lived in the area know of any reputable names/places to call? I am looking for someone who knows what they are doing and isn't going to try and scam us. I went to one a fews years ago and she was referred by several of the girls at the party, so that's what I am kinda going for. Oh, and prefereably this would preferably take place in one of the girl's apartments. Thanks for any advice!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: Sex Toy Party for Bachlorette Party
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

I don't live in that area, but a lady from Surprise Parties was there for my bachelorette party and I believe they have reps all over the country. She was really good and informative, and the web site is www.surpriseparties.com. Hope that helps!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

I've also been to a couple Surprise Parties before, they were the same representative, but it was really fun! No one felt pressured to by anything, and no one felt uncomfortable either. The representative had jokes about a lot of the products, everyone was laughing pretty much the whole time. If the other Surprise Party reps are like her, I would definitly recommend them!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

Dear Trixy,

I cannot figure out if you are talking about a theme party where guests shop on their own, then bring gifts of that theme to the party. That is OK. Advertise the theme on your invitation and send them out.

Or:

Are you talking about a selling party where guests come in with only their money and hear a sales presentation about items for purchase?

Regardless of the theme of the party, I do not attend selling parties. No matter if it's cooking stuff, candles, whatever. I do not attend selling parties.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

AOTB I am pretty sure she is referring to the selling type party. Either way the image of you sitting at any kind of sex toy party makes me giggle.

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I don't like selling parties either. Especially when I'm already saving every extra dime for a wedding and the economy is so bad.

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I've seen cards for Surprises Parties too (like business cards at various places around town) so I would suggest going with them, as they seem to be nationwide.

A few of my BMs were wanting to have a sex toy party as well for me, but my mom, MIL and aunt were tagging along for the first part of the night and thought that might be kinda weird... especially since we were trying to included my teenage sis who was also a BM in the activies for the first half of the night.

I have no problem with selling parties - you're never obligated to buy anything. I find them just to be a fun girls time to sit around, chat and snack on foods. I went to a purse party once with a few friends and none of them were any good nor were the prices, but we got to hang out and have some girl time together while snacking on punch and cookies =)

Friends since December 1997, together since December 2006
September 13, 2008 I legally became his and he became mine.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

MovieBits - your source for reviews, news and more!
www.moviebits.blogspot.com

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

I am not sure about the sex toy party.. although it seems like a fun idea. Have you thought about a lingerie party? There are a few companies who bring tons of lingerie to your house and the women can try it on and buy it. I bought a beautiful long black gown at a party I went to. It sure beats tupperware! LOL!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

MrsJ how are things going since the events after the purse party? Are things any better with hubby? You haven't found him misbehaving since then have you?

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

trixy612 Posts : 46 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Thanks for the advice ladies!

PureRomanceByJe... Posts : 1 Registered: 9/10/09
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

Hello,

If you are looking for someone that is reliable, professional and can offer a fun and sophisticated party, please let me know. I am an Independent Consultant and Owner of Pure Romance by Jennifer. Pure Romance has been around since 1993 and offers a wide range of products including beauty products, bedroom accessories/sex toys, lingerie, clothing line, arousal creams and much more.

A little about me ~ I'm happily married to a NYC Navy Vet and have a beautiful and sweet 5 year old son. I have a B.S. in Biology and Public Health....and an MBA with a Venture Mgmt concentration. I was laid-off last year from a large health care organization, where I worked as the System Manager of Workforce Development, Talent Management. I'm professional, educated, trustworthy and love to help people. Before becoming a Pure Romance consultant, I thoroughly researched my options. The CEO of Pure Romance was recently featured as a "Featured Lady" through Ladies Who Launch (a business based out of Manhattan that focuses on women entrepreneurs). Another great thing about this company is that they "give back to society" with 3 unique programs that focus on educating college students about sex; promoting research on women's health and sexuality (through Indiana University); and the third helps women recapture their sensual and sexual selves following cancer diagnosis or treatment.

More about the company ~ "Pure Romance's sophisticated line of relationship-enhancement products have been designed to inspire women and couples to take time to discover romantically-enriched and fulfilled lives. In our fast-paced society and over-committed lifestyles we forget to take time for ourselves and our relationships; with a collection of Pure Romance products in your bedroom, you will enhance your intimate lives!"

I have been to other types of parties with consultants who are pushy and obnoxious. With me, you would get someone who is genuine and fun.

If you would like more information, please check out my website at: www.JenniferParkhurst.PureRomance.com. Feel free to call me at 212.ROMANCE (212.766.2623) or send an e-mail to jenniferparkhurst@pureromance.com.

Peace, health, happiness and prosperity to all!

Jennifer

Pure Romance by Jennifer

Jennifer Parkhurst, MBA

Independent Consultant and Owner

Web www.JenniferParkhurst.PureRomance.com

E-mail JenniferParkhurst@PureRomance.com

Tel 212-ROMANCE (212-766-2623)

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

My friend Brittany does this thing called Slumber parties and hosts/does parties that are like what you are looking for. She lives in Maryland though. I am not sure if she'd go up to NYC but you never know, she might. Here is her site if you want: http://www.slumberpartiesbybrittany.com/

wedding count down

FMrsJG Posts : 77 Registered: 2/21/08
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

Slumber Parties or Pure Romance are what are common here. Its a TON of fun sooo no need to get all upset about a "selling party". if you think your friends would go to it for a NON BACHLORETTE party then hell, i say have one as a bachlorette party. they're fun either way...and you're not sitting there bored. PLUS just a title of calling it a bachlorette party. if ppl are hyped and pissed about calling it that, then i say dont call it a bachlorette party then and have it anyways! i've been to a few of the parties and they're hilarious and a blast and you're not obligated to anything. ppl bring food and drinks and everything else anyways and enjoy themselves.

good luck and if you think your friends would go regardless of what you call it....then i say have it and have fun!!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

TamaraLove Posts : 2 Registered: 1/22/14
Posted: Jan 22, 2014 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

Hello My Name is Tamara, I know this was posted a few years ago, But I am in the romance business/Toy Party's...I am just outside of buffalo NY...I have been in business for 5 years,I am a certified sexual heath Educator & an Intimacy Coach... MY Parties are free, guest can buy products the night of the party..Hostess or bride will get Free items and discounts for having a show..you will be treated like a Goddess :) I all so do ~Girls night out, PJ Parties,Couples Parties and Much Much More...please feel free to call me at 716-602-9617 www.loveboutique.com
Thank you, Tamara

Edited by: TamaraLove on Jan 22, 2014 3:00 PM

Edited by: TamaraLove on Feb 7, 2014 9:37 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine