PLEASE HELP!!! What to wear for engagement pics?!?!

Online Users: 1,238 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

FutureMrsJBiv Posts : 24 Registered: 4/26/08
PLEASE HELP!!! What to wear for engagement pics?!?!
Posted: May 16, 2009 11:32 AM

So we have our photographer booked and I am supposed to call to set up a time for engagement pics, but I havent called simply b/c I cant figure out what to wear! We are going to do e-pics outside around the location of our upcoming wedding, a beautiful barn surrounded by great landscaping. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated:)

I did just buy a new maxi dress, its brown w/ a little white and blue in it...I thought about wearing that... I also thought about jeans and maybe a white button down...?

Edited by: FutureMrsJBiv on May 16, 2009 11:37 AM

AmandaJ0 Posts : 34 Registered: 3/1/09
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What to wear for engagement pics?!?!
Posted: May 16, 2009 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

I would call your photographer and discuss clothes options with him. That's what we did. We all scouted out locations for engagement photos together so the photographer knew what we liked. Then he suggested different clothes. One where I wore a cute dress, one where we wore matching colored shirts, ect. The one thing that helped the most was the photographers opinion on clothes. He had taken lots of engagement phots befre so he had a good idea of what would work. Hope this helps!

FutureMrsJBiv Posts : 24 Registered: 4/26/08
Posted: May 16, 2009 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaJ0

I hadnt really thought of asking the photographer! Thats a great and simple idea and I would definately trust his opinion as he has taken some of the most beautiful pics I have ever seen, plus he did suggest shooting our pics there at and around the barn so I guess he has some sort of vision. Thanks for the suggestion!

Does anyone have any engagement pics they can post? I would love to see some to get some more ideas!

BowenRainPhoto Posts : 9 Registered: 9/11/09
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

Congratulations.

Our studio photographs engaged couples in outfits that not only compliment them individually but as a couple. In addition, make sure the outfits you wear are YOU and COMFORTABLE.

I always suggest that my couples bring (2) outfits. A casual white shirt/blue jean and flip flops or dress up a little in heels...and a cocktail dress and casual suit for man.

This way you can get two completely different looks in the one session.

Please don't wear any logos on clothing or outfits that if you sit or bend will expose too much skin.

Good luck and hope this helps.

www.bowenrainphotography.com

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

My photographer sent me this to prepare us for our engagement photo session:

What to Wear:

Whatever you feel works for you. Try not to clash with each other; on the other hand you don't have to look

identical either. Plaids and emblem tops are probably bad choices; solids, neutral or bright colors work really

well (in my opinion). I like blues and reds personally because they contrast with the darkness in the park.

Bring an additional change in "tops" or several if desired. Pullover tops (or button shirts) work well-just to

mix it up a little. You can change whole outfits if you have an appropriate vehicle. Bright white (new)

sneakers call too much attention to your feet. The park is dark and the pictures are deep and rich, thus, bright

white sneakers are a bad choice. Brown or black shoes or similar color boots work well. Open-toed shoes

work too if so desired and the weather is appropriate; sometimes it looks good to kick them off and go

barefoot.

JessicaLong Posts : 29 Registered: 8/31/09
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

Also, may want to consider how much the outfit will "date" you in the future. I'm thinking a maxi dress would be hard to pull off because of this, unless it's a simple and basic color/pattern. Stay away from anything trendy.... that goes for your hair, makeup, accessories too. You don't want to be embarrassed of your engagement pictures just because your look screams Summer 2009. My aunt was married back in 1994...an entertaining/appalling time in fashion.. and so she forbids people to see them. You can never go wrong with tailored jeans and a solid tee/sweater/cardigan, or a simple summer dress. Unless of course, that's far from your style.

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

You are getting some really good advice here! I don't know anything about engagement pictures but I read an article the other day about engagement pics and it seems couples are really getting creative. There was one couple who had pictures of them at a carnival. They were shots of them playing carnival games and shots of them on the Ferris Wheel, etc. I thought, "that is so cool because it shows who they are as people." There was another couple who met at a professional baseball game and had pics made at a game. They were adorable. So, no matter what you do, try to do something that represents you as a couple! Can't wait to hear about what you come up with! Have fun!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

soldiersbride2b Posts : 2 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 3:45 AM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

okay so i realize the last post on this was awhile ago but i need help so hopefully ill get some needed responses okay im going to get my engadgment photo taken in the next two weeks and im not sure what to wear. i kinda want the formal rought. just a nice dress and him dressed in a nice collar shirt. but dont want it to be too over the top i only get one shot at this pic, so whats the best one in everyones opinon to go w?

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: soldiersbride2b

I've seen engagement photos that looked great in formal-wear no matter what the location. A cute dress with wedges worn by the B2B & khakis & a button down shirt for the G2B in an outdoors setting. A few of my favorite pics were the bride being pushed on a tree swing by the groom & the couple standing on a bridge holding hands. They were really cute. Beach photos with formal clothing looks cute too.
I think you should wear whatever you're comfortable in, but as PPs have mentioned, no patterns that clash or outdate you. I'm sure you're photos will turn out great! Don't forget to post once you get the proofs back =)

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

We wore whatever felt comfotable but still looked nice. As you can see below we wore blue and semi casual. We took our pictures outdoors at a park. So it depends also as to where your pictures will be taken.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine