Should the jewelry for me and my bridesmaids be the same metal?

Online Users: 1,238 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

spemkiewicz Posts : 1 Registered: 2/19/09
Should the jewelry for me and my bridesmaids be the same metal?
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:27 AM

Hey everyone,
I would really appreciate anyone's input on my question. I am wearing an ivory dress and my bridesmaids are wearing a dark purple/eggplant color for the dresses. The girls have already decided to wear silver sparkly shoes and so I am going to get them silver jewelry. I have been thinking about my jewelry, and am considering gold since my dress is ivory. I love silver, but think gold might look good as well. So my question is, does my jewelry and my bridesmaids have to be the same metal?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input,

Sarah

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Re: Should the jewelry for me and my bridesmaids be the same metal?
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 8:05 AM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

Hi Sarah, the same principle applies. Just as your BM's shouldn't have the same hairstyles and make-up, their accessories may be different as well. It should be cohesive but still unique and individual to each BM and Bride. I think your idea of having gold jewellery with ivory, will be a beautiful combination and agree will look much better than silver.

: )

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

TheCalyx Posts : 9 Registered: 9/3/09
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

No, I don't think that your jewelry has to match your bridesmaids' . Your dress, your hair and your jewels should be different. You're the bride, you should stand out.

The Calyx

How to Wear that Wedding Bling:  http://pinkcalyx.wordpress.com/jewelry-how-to-wear-it/

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

Wear what you want and it will be great.

Because seriously, who will be focusing whether or not the bridal party has matching jewelery on your wedding day?

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

Definitely not... in fact the jewelry I wore didn't technically match. My engagement ring and wedding band are gold, my earrings were silver. I think the days of everything being matchy matchy are over. And like a PP said, no one is going to notice the jewelry at all. I know as brides we focus on all these details, and while there is nothing wrong with that, don't let these little details become your main focus. While you want your day to beautiful, the most beautiful part will be you marrying your FH. Best Wishes!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Defintely does not have to match like the pp's said! And don't forget alternatives like rose gold!

http://www.mydesignerjewellery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hudson-collection-pink-sapphire-pendant-with-diamonds-in-14k-rose-gold.png

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Sep 3, 2009 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

It does not have to match. I prefer white gold/silver and we were using silver as an accent color, so yes, we were all in silver.

But that is not a necessity.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: spemkiewicz

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine