October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,349 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,708

NL2010 Posts : 108 Registered: 6/27/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: NL2010

Here's a vanilla, champagne and mocha wedding on polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/mocha_vanilla_champagne/set?.mid=embed&id=10629884

Here's a violet wedding on polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/majestic_violet/set?id=8851004

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: NL2010

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: NL2010

i agree with Lydias suggestions. I think the vanilla, navy and champagne would look amazing for your wedding!! it has a little of a beachy feel, but yet is still sort of fall'ish, and more importantly it is very, very elegant!

I am doing brown(mocha), cinnamon and champagne. I am going for a rustic fall theme.

I also like what Lydia found with the violet/plum too.

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Our wedding day is going to be my cousin's 18th wedding anniversary. I would like to do something special for them since they were gracious enough to share their anniversary with us. They are a shy couple so I've ruled out the idea of playing their first dance song and sticking them in front of all my wedding guests.

I'm thinking about paying for them to spend the night at the Inn where our wedding is being held and getting them a gift certificate to the restaurant so they can have breakfast the next day... or maybe a gift certificate to the spa (also located at our wedding venue).

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Or maybe something special I could do to decorate the table where they are sitting?

FutureMrsCerrone Posts : 5 Registered: 5/23/09
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Well our room has off white and brown chairs, linens will be my color choice, lots of windows and a burgundy carpet. We are having a more "casual" wedding, since it will be during the day and it's buffet style. Last night I was doing a bit more fooling and I came across an idea of using aqua, mocha and plum.

My original wedding vision was to use aqua, orange and chartreuse but when we went to the venue and I saw the burgundy carpet, I thought the orange would just clash too much. Plus, that is probably too summery for October.

But now I'm still leaning towards aqua and mocha since they are kind of beach and the plum would be my fall color accent.

I don't want to sound like a pain....but I hate navy So that is a color I would not want to use.

Thanks !

Sthomaswv Posts : 3 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

Thats great! i didn't know it was a holiday. With that being the case and that we are planning on sending save a dates because some many of the guest are from out of town.

In the spirit of trying to save money a great i dea that i have seen is having your baker make a 3 level cake that feeds you and your wedding part and then a sheet cake to have for the rest of the guest. i spoke to my baker and i am saving $350.00 and the sheets cake is cut and each piece is decor. which i thinl i like better.

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: Sthomaswv

Bailey-
you could buy a really nice picture frame, and have a nice little saying engraved into it (from some place like www.thingsremembered.com), and present it to them. Then make sure your photographer takes a picture of you and your groom, and then the two of them together and once you get the pictures, order one and mail it to them so they can put it in the frame.

Or, you could do the same idea, but buy a frame that has 2 openings side by side...one side is for a picture of you and your groom,the other side is for a picture of just the two of them!

I also like the idea of paying for their inn. and, maybe you could just include a breakfast gift certificat for the night before?

another thing that you could do is have your bouquet made to have little "sprigs" to come off. One sprig can be for you to toss, another sprig you can give to the happy couple, and then the other part will be for you to keep and preserve.

LeeandFatimah Posts : 1 Registered: 8/28/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I think it is wonderful so many people are getting married on this day.It is my 27th birthday and 10-10-10 only occurs every one hunderd years. Congratulations to all!!!!!

A blessed life comes from a blessed union.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: LeeandFatimah

Hi LeeandFatimah!

We are putting our house on the market!! The basement flooded majorly and needs a ton of money to be fixed properly. I love our little house but it is very old and has very expensive problems every other month. We decided to move into an apartment/house and re-save to buy another house in a few years, a new house hopefully! We should be able to sell the house and break even on it so we are going to go for it.

FH and I sat down over the weekend and did our guest list and we were both pretty shocked by the amount of people that we really wanted to be there. It's only about 20-25 people!!! We both just really want our immediate families there. We could do it at our new place and have a cocktail party after the ceremony. It would be a lot like our grandparents' weddings in the early 50's.

The invitations that I ordered arrived and they look horrible! LOL The silver hearts are huge on them. So, I will not be using them. I'm going to go to the mall today and see if I can find invitations like the first ones that I had.

Oh, and due to us planning a really small wedding now I am just going to go with an autumn theme. It just seems easier and more home-y then if I tried to use the black and white color scheme.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: NL2010

I decided on my bouquet. I bought a little champagne/taupe satin clutch bag on sale after the holidays for .99 and have been meaning to give it to my mom who goes to lots of fancy dinners throughout the year for work but I've decided to use it myself now. I'm going to cut a slit along the top of the bag and then fill it with whatever fall flowers I can find at the market that day, or the day before. That's my idea. What do you think?

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: NL2010

Something kind of like this-
337553471_7e16282bce.jpg image by Lydia31

Samanthaswedding Posts : 25 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: NL2010

That would be adorable for your bouquet Lydia! Especially for a 1950's ambience.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: NL2010

Aww! That sounds so sweet. I love how home made everything sounds!

I've been having issues deciding on my invitations since my wedding colors changed to deep purple and champagne and I haven't been able to find any invitations I liked. Thankfully, my grandmother works in the printing department of the University and can do my invitations they'll look like this:

FLOURISH Custom DIY Wedding Invitation Suite - Printable PDF

Except instead of black swirls they'll be deep purple. We're also putting that frosty tissue paper over them and a bow at the top to hold them together!

Definately DIY but with a professional printer on hand!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

hey ya! youre getting married the day before me!

i wish i didnt have to wait this long to get married but my fiance lives in texas. he needs time to fix up and sell his rentals and get a job here in california

do you have colors picked out yet? im going all black and white

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Oh, thanks!

Rebecca- Those invitations are really pretty!

400 DAYS TO GO!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine