Hispanic Catholic Wedding

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 4 user(s). Replies: 5

larguelles Posts : 7 Registered: 1/14/08
Hispanic Catholic Wedding
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:25 AM

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has some advice on a Catholic wedding using Mexican traditions? thanks.

DeezNuttiest Posts : 200 Registered: 1/10/08
Re: Hispanic Catholic Wedding
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: larguelles

what kind of advice are you looking for,are you looking to incorperate all hispanic traditions or just a few?

im hispanic and doing a catholic wedding with FH not being of any denomination, so in the catholic part of the wedding we are not doing the eucarist by the chuch's request (as marriage is combining of lives and if he cant participate in the eucarist then we cant share it together), but we are doing the the hispanic tradition of the "lazo" (a giant rosary that goes over both of our heads and joins us together), ive thought about doing the "arras" coins as well but havent decided. i do not want to do all of my hispanic traditions as FH is not hispanic and there are alot of them that take alot of time lol. you can google and find out alot info

Why does November 1st seem sooooooooo far away?????

larguelles Posts : 7 Registered: 1/14/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: DeezNuttiest

thanks. yea, my fh's mom is going to give us the laso from their wedding! i'm totally honored. fh and i are both hispanic, but clueless none the less. :) thanks a bunch.
URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/17539ece8c902764.gif[/IMG][/URL]

ChiBride08 Posts : 54 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: larguelles

There's also the giving of the gifts from the padrinos (bible, rosary, kneeling pillows) and the presentation of flowers to Mary. Some people still do capias at the reception, but it isn't as common with the newer generations.  Let me know you have any questions.

SthTxBride Posts : 1 Registered: 3/19/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 2:19 AM Go to message in response to: larguelles

Hi there,
I am having a traditonal Hispanic Catholic Wedding, with a bit of Spanish Colonial flair. I am getting married at the San Jose Mission in San Antonio. The unity candle and additonal candle holders will be rustic rot iron (sp?). I am also having the padrinos (god parents) present the religious articles of the bible and rosary, the arras (coins), the lasso (large rosary in the form of a figure eight). I am wearing a mantilla (Spanish laced trimmed floor length veil), and we are having mariachis play during the cocktail hour at the recepton, which will take place at a local museum. We are even including the dollar dance. I also plan to give a brief description of the significance of all the items as they relate to Spanish Colonial Times. This will possibly be in the program book, but I haven't decided yet. Other than that, my wedding will be very modern, main stream, and elegant.. from signature cocktails, chocolate fountain, to my Stuart Weitzman swaroski crystal shoes! : ) If you are interested in the colonial descriptions of any of the hispanic customs listed above, let me know. I'd be happy to share my findings with you.
Smile

Edited by: SthTxBride on Aug 27, 2009 2:20 AM

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: larguelles

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine