branch with hanging votives centerpiece... to wintery???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

MyFairytaleWedd... Posts : 102 Registered: 8/9/07
branch with hanging votives centerpiece... to wintery???
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 3:05 PM

Hey guys,

WOW! I've posted a ton today!!! (I'm on break so I'm posting away!!! lol!!!) I'm really not sure weather I will be doing a floating candle centerpeice or a branch with hanging votive candles centerpiece. Anyways I really like the look of this.... very soft romantic and fairytale like (my theme), but I'm afraid that it may look WAY too wintery (We've changed our wedding date form December to April... so I originally wanted this for a winter wedding but now I need it for a spring wedding) do you thik that this kind of centerpiece would look out of place in a spring (colors: Ivory, Pearl Pink, Champagne, and Light Green) wedding??? My initial idea was to make crystal branches (roll branches in glue then in little clear crystals) then arranging them in slim vases and placing a singlel pale pink peony/rose (or maybe even one on each side) at the base and finishing them off with hanging votive candles and 4 (on on each side) little clear vases of homegrown wheatgrass (one of my many DIY ideas). Would this be okay for a spring wedding??? please help me out here guys... lol!!! thanx again!!!

P.S.: Any additional ideas/suggestion on my centerpiece idea would be greatly appreciated... thanx again 

April, 2008 -- My Fairytale Wedding!!!!!

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Re: branch with hanging votives centerpiece... to wintery???
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: MyFairytaleWedd...

No, it doesn't sound too wintery.  I went to a wedding in the spring that had the same centerpieces and it was beautiful.  Actually, we had the opportunity to take them home and I gave mine to my mom.  She's constantly adding and taking away things so that it fits the season.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 2:06 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Hi BrideChica,

If you don't mind me asking that is, can you recall how the  bride arranged her centerpieces??? (maybe I can 'borrow' a few ideas from a fellow spring bride... lol!!!) thanx again!!! 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: MyFairytaleWedd...

You can make these centerpieces look any way you want. For example, I have a pictures of one that is surrounded at the base by hyacinths--very springy. I've seen them with bunches of flowers tied to the branches. Or, for your branches, you could use blossoming cherry, apple, pear, etc., for a spring look. I have lots of pictures of branch centerpieces and can send you some if you contact me through my website.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Thanx Myra,  I just contacted you via your website. I can't wait to see some pics... Would anyone know whare I could find blossoming cherry branches for a 'reasonable' price if that even exists!!! lol!!! (cherry blossoms sounds really interesting...) 

P.S.: Today I saw a centerpiece that had low hanging votives (they were actually hanging from the branches on long pieces of ribbon or something so that they seem to float around the centerpiece creating a pretty little halo...) Would anyone have any ideas about this??? I have directions from another bride-to-be on making hanging votives (with wire wrapped around the votive holders) but nothing like this... do you think it would be possible for me to tackle this project??? Any ideas anyone??? thanx again!!!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: MyFairytaleWedd...

Hi...I am new on here....recently engaged.....and am trying to find pictures of cherry blossom or branch centerpiece ideas.....if anyone has advice or pictures, can u please help me out? Thanks.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would love to see any pictures you have!

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will be happy to send you a bunch of these. Contact me and i'll send them right out.

JennaM25 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Dahl2be,
Can you please send me any pictures you have of branches with hanging votives?!

Thank you so much!!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: JennaM25

I'd be happy to. Just contact me through my website and I'll send some right out to you.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: MyFairytaleWedd...

I think adding little flowers to the branches would make it more spring-like. Not all of these are exactly what you described, but they all feel spring-y to me.
I like this one with the water slightly tinted:

This one is my personal favorite-
curlywillow.jpg image by aairez

I like that this one doesn't have lights hanging from it but the tealights in a tight circle around the base seem to uplight the arrangement. elegant.

A neat twist on the branch centerpiece-

Something completely different to do with branch centerpieces-

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

DaZzLiNgSaGg23 Posts : 12 Registered: 1/17/08
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Thanks linzZ for posting those pics
CoolXoxO Faith and HappinessSmile

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: DaZzLiNgSaGg23

My one suggestion to you is to check out Karen Tran's website:

http://blog.karentran.com/

Why? Because she does loads of stuff in your color scheme, and has done plenty of variations of what you are talking about. Good luck!
My Planning Blog

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine