Picking out an e-ring; Diamond Simmulants, Hybrids, Synthetics, ect

Online Users: 1,274 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

BooBishaBride Posts : 120 Registered: 1/31/08
Re: Picking out an e-ring; Diamond Simmulants, Hybrids, Synthetics, ect
Posted: May 3, 2008 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Thanks all, I think I'm going to order a .25 carat from mia donna or diamond hybrid and see how they look next to a real diamond. Even if it's not all good I can still use them as side stones later, or for a pair of earrings. I'll be doing that sometime this summer and I'll report back. 

Posted: May 3, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: BooBishaBride

Oh and btw if they are comparable to a diamond I plan on using one of the .25 ct in FH's band: 

Posted: May 5, 2008 2:39 AM Go to message in response to: BooBishaBride

Ok, I really hope someone, somewhere out there is at all interested in this. I've spent allot of time researching. The Asha Diamond that was mentioned in the article I posted earlier, appears to be the source of all diamond hybrids or amorphous diamonds. http://www.betterthandiamond.com/ 

They have the exact same explanations, charts, scans, ect as Mia Donna and it appears that this is where Mia Donna and other diamond hybrid companies source their stones. So, essentially, there are all the same thing at different prices with different names and different marketing.  

AshleyTaylorInL... Posts : 1 Registered: 7/1/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: BooBishaBride

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post what you now think on the hybrids. I have been trying for 3 months now to find real info on them with no outcome. I finally found your post and would love a follow up! Are you going for it? Did you get a small hybrid to take a look? I am interested in all this! I signed up to this website just to beg you to follow up!!! Thank you :)

Moissanite Posts : 2 Registered: 8/24/09
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: Tedsgirl

I just got my ring from http://moissanitefinejewelry.com It is amazing

Revenwyn Posts : 48 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: Moissanite

Meh. I got a sapphire. I didn't want a diamond or anything that looks like one.

Sapphires used to be the engagement ring of choice, all until a stupid advertisement made men believe they couldn't get their girl without a stupid ring that took three months of their salary.

Mine cost $26 thank you, and I love it, and it enabled him to save money... not spend it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping and praying our day will come soon.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Moissanite

I am also looking into alternatives to diamonds and would love to know how things went with the comparison.

I have been checking out the moissanite website and they have some really beautiful settings and are much, much cheaper than the ones FH and I looked at at the jewelry store (much bigger, too!). Are there any retailers for Moissanite, or can you only purchase them online? I want FH to actually pick it out, but I'm worried nothing will look good on my tiny fingers! Although, I'm sure I'll love whatever he buys.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: BooBishaBride

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine