Silk Flowers

Online Users: 1,238 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 18

SunnySanrio Posts : 70 Registered: 8/6/09
Re: Silk Flowers
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

I posted in another thread but i was worried about fake flowers too. I did a trial on my daughters (she's being my junior bride) and I made her a "ceptor" as we call it and I think it turned out great. The nice thing about doing the fake flowers is you can do them way ahead of time! And if you mess up you have plenty of time to try again!

SDC11261SDC11262

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySanrio

I did silk as well. Total Cost for all flowers (materials and everything) was around $150. And I had tons of fun making them! I bought my hydrangeas at michaels....and I only paid $.99 a stem for them! I really think they were in the system wrong, but they let me have them for this price! I can't remember where I purchased the carnations. I just did a google search until I found the cheapest ones!

The first one is mine-5 coral hydrangeas. I will be changing the bow. I don't like it anymore. The smaller ones are the BM bouquets and I did one hydrangea stem surrounded by silk carnations. I made little black beaded loops with some beads and beading wire and attached them to the bouquet to incorporate my black color into the bouquet. I think hydrangeas and carnations are two silk flowers that can look more natural than some other ones. I'm really happy with the way mine turned out!

I also did the bouts and corsages but i just varied them depending on the role. I don't have any pictures of them.

PicturePicturePicture

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than you dreams Dr. Suess

I marry the BEST man in the world on September 18, 2009!  

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Hotari

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: Hotari

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine