Anyone else have a black, red, and white wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

adoringbride1009 Posts : 45 Registered: 8/3/08
Anyone else have a black, red, and white wedding?
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:26 PM

Hello future brides (and all of you wives too!),

Is anyone else doing a black, red, and white themed wedding? I would LOVE to hear all of your ideas, tips, and just your stories? Does anyone else have color on their dress?

Soon to be his bride,

Rachel 

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him. ~~Twilight

Till death do us part ~~ October 3, 2009

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/lhru2xs.png[/img]
[/url]

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: Anyone else have a black, red, and white wedding?
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

Beloved, I am not sure what you are asking, My colors were red, white and black in the sense that my girls wore red dresses, my guys wore red vest and I had a white gown. I used some red and black in my decor and I used some red flowers in our bouquets. If I can answere any other questions I am happy to help if I can I'm just not sure what you are asking.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

adoringbride1009 Posts : 45 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

We are pretty much having a black, red, and white THEMED wedding. As in, nothing else in this wedding/reception but black, red, and white.

It's not just for the dresses or tuxes, or maybe a little decor. It is literally taking on a life of its own as it consumes every aspect of the wedding! lol

Soon to be his bride,

Rachel 

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him. ~~Twilight

Till death do us part ~~ October 3, 2009

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/lhru2xs.png[/img]
[/url]

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

I have many pictures of black/white/red wedding decor, bouquets, c enterpieces, etc. I'm happy to send you some--just contact me through my website and I'll send them right out to you.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

ladybug104 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/11/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

I love the idea of a b,w & r wedding! i'd do a white dress wth a red sash around the middle draping down the back. and here are some cool black and white wedding cakes i found.

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

Mine is. Mainly red and black but if you count dress, that's my white. My invites are Red and black with a halloween feel to them. My dress is all white. I am adding red beading and some red velvet to the dress. My shoes are red. Figure who is really going to see them and why not. My flowers, I found a picture of Ashley's Simpson's flowers (her colors were red & black also) she used Schwarzwald calla lillies (which are very deep purple almost look black), Black magic and Black Baccara roses. I am having them add some traditional red roses in too to get more of the color brought out between the 2. She used the calla lillies as the boutonniere too. I totally fell in love with her flowers. I found black vases at a local craft shop and I am putting red ribbon aroun each. My flowers on the tables will be simple about 2 flowers in each vases with gold or silver accents. My candle holders are clear round glass with black brass accenting it. Hard to describe. With red candles. We are having a halloween party reception, so I will be adding to my dress a red & black cape, red heart tiara and septor because I will be Queen of Hearts. I tried to tie in wedding colors to costume. Hope some helps. Did you get your invites yet?

Photobucket

This will be the day we start are lives as one!

Fran

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

Had to delete as another wedding planner is copying pictures and claiming this is her work!

Edited by: TanisJ on Sep 29, 2010 11:46 AM

ToxicityLevel Posts : 1 Registered: 6/11/09
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

My wedding (in my head, as we're not planning on getting engaged for at least another year) is circus-themed, and so for the ease of finding things that comes in stripes, I am working with a red/black/and white theme. (I originally wanted to go with blue, rather than red.) My dress itself will be red (a mermaid gown I found from a custom tailor on etsy, which I looove) with white and black accents/beading, with a black mini tophat and a birdcage veil. However, originally I wanted a white gown with a bright red flower and a black sash, until more thought and perusal caused me to decide it wasn't quite "me". And as a plus-sized girl, white only makes you look bigger.) Makeup is to be pretty and retro, big smokey cat-eyes and red lips. My bridesmaids will wear black and red, probably alternating for the three of them. (One in red and white, another in black and white, and another in red and black, probably my maid or honor. I think they'll all wear different dresses, as much horror has shown me how not all girls look the same in a single dress. Something mix-and-match, or a customizable dress is the plan - a single dress that can be worn many ways.) Since the idea is kind of old, Victorian circus, if their tattoos show, it only adds to my whole theme. It's my hope that we'll be able to get them retro-styled updos with big red blooms in them.

All of my settings are set to be black, red, and white. With classic red and white popcorn boxes on the tables as favors, and rather than flowers collections of "things" -- candles, ribbon, beads, etc. to fill the centerpieces. All of which I want to send home with the guests. Jo-ann fabrics always has ribbon in solid colors on sale, (it's sort of see-through and shimmery and I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called, ugh) and I plan on snatching it up in black, white, and red in 1" widths for wrapping vases, silverware settings, chairs, and anything else I think I want to add a touch of color to, in. It's like 1 buck a roll or so. He wants custom red and black and white M&Ms on the tables too, and we'll probably do those as well. I was at a wedding that did this, and I really liked being able to bring home a little framed picture of them and some do-dad's and candy from the table. I suspect I'll do this too. Red and white striped tablecloths (I found them cheap) with a large black square set on an angle to break up the pattern, (you could to black and white with a red runner for the head table) with the centerpieces set atop of that. I like the idea of a candy bar, as I've discovered a lot of my friends aren't into cake, really. (Which is a plus!) So my thoughts are either to a cupcake cake, or a smaller cake and then candy options. (So thanks for the ideas other posters!)

I am still working on flowers, and I may steal the flowers from above for ideas. :D I don't want flowers for the guys, I think I want to do feathers or something more interesting. The idea beyond that is to call-in various performer-friends (I'm a theatre graduate) who do juggling, fire-breathing, etc. as reception entertainment. I have a friend who works with a traveling side-show, so he'll be excellent help. I'm keeping guests attire to either within the "circus" theme or red, white, and black and semi-casual. (As in no jeans, but a jacket isn't required.) He's dressing as the ring-leader in knee-high boots and (we're still divided on the color -- red or black) a tailcoat and top hat. We're debating on whether I'm gonna allow him a crop. :D

Invitations are set to look like classic tickets, and I haven't quite decided whether to self-print or have them done. I have friends who swear by both options. The save-the-dates are ticket stubs that are gonna be self-created and printed onto sticker paper and then stuck to magnet sheets -- I have friends who did this with a re-vamped ticketmaster-style ticket and it worked out well. I suspect I can convert this idea to work out for me and it'll be much cheaper than having them done.

As the wedding is going to be (theoretically) in mid-October, I have a lot of access to Halloween decor to help me out. I'm currently on the lookout for black or smoked glass glasses for a signature red cocktails, as an open bar is beyond what we want to spend, but a few signature drinks seem like a good idea. The whole thing is set to go on under a large white tent, to add to the circus appeal.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting -- but work and the phone keep interrupting!

Hope I helped!

Edited by: ToxicityLevel on Aug 12, 2009 7:56 PM

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Looks awesome!

Photobucket

This will be the day we start are lives as one!

Fran

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

Thanks! I never knew arranging candy could be so fun.

CourtneyBohanon... Posts : 1 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I was wondering where you got the tall stands that hold the shot glasses and the big drinking glass. I am doing this at my wedding and love the big three tier and other taller things you have. I would love to know where you purchased them or I would love to purchase your whole set thanks so much!! you can email me the info at courtbo22@yahoo.com thanks

BruinsBaby Posts : 3 Registered: 7/20/10
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:40 AM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

I plan on having a red black and white wedding with hints of silver.

I have a beautiful red wedding dress and was thinking on adding black rod iron through the wedding for centerpieces, card box, platter for the cake, maybe get some of those black rod iron lights for outside your house and stuff.

having a black and red feathered bouquet with hints of beads in them.

arguing on hair style and make up because i am not a typical lady lol i am a huge tomboy lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine