Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes

Online Users: 1,350 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 67

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Re: Post Your Wedding Colors & Themes
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

We are not having a 'theme' but everything will coordinate with our colors. We are using clover green and cream damask (which is a cream and black print). I just want a simple, elegant, wedding. Below is the damask and ivory. The clover gown is one of the bridesmaid dresses. It should all tie together nicely :) I hope all of you are enjoying your wedding planning. It has been fairly pleasant so far!

Wedding Invitations & Stationery in
F13573

Created by Wedding Favors

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

The damask looks really pretty paired against a bright color....the green will look great with it! My friend just had a wedding with white demask and hot pink...it looked awesome. It's a really cool looking contrast. The bridesmaid dress is very pretty as well!

ChelynJohn Posts : 6 Registered: 8/22/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We are going with a laid back theme, we are doing rockabilly. Our colors are chocolate brown with dusty rose (antique pink) and hints of ivory. He chose the brown and I basically had to coordinate to his choice lol I don't mind though bc looking at the colors put together it looks beautiful.

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: mrosev14

I too am having a beach wedding at sunset. Our ceremony will be on the private beach of our reception site, The Ocean House, which is historic hotel in Rhode Island. I had originally wanted the colors of a sunset, and a sort of tropical opulence theme, but I am now rethinking this a bit. The hotel is kind of "Great Gatsby" -esque....not victorian, but more 1920's looking. It's absolutely beautiful, but I'm worried that my original ideas wouldn't go as great with the look of the room. I really like unique modern looks - clean lines, large glass vases, bright colors and interesting flowers - I want to stick with this, but may have to tone it down a bit. I had originally thought that I would be having a tented outoor wedding where I would have a clean slate to work with, but we were able to book our dream place, so I'm willing to change it a bit to have it there! I really like your idea of midnight blue and hot pink, but not so sure it would work for me. There is a lot of beautiful dark wood, the chairs are also dark wood with cream seats, the curtains will be a soft coral color and the rug is a sage green with small coral/pink flowers. I know i don't have to "match" the room, I just want to pick colors that will work cohesively with it. So....I'm kind of stumped! Any suggestions?? I definitely want it to "pop"...nothing too boring!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Thanks Woosta :) I'm in love with Damask right now. I'm trying to think of ways to incorporate it into my apartment decor as well. LOL!

Chaser Posts : 3 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We are not doing a theme, but we are having it color coordinated.

Red, Black, White, and silver accents. Very elegant looking though...not gothic.

My BM dresses are a claret red. This is the exact dress and color.

Reception will have black car covers with red satin bows, white table cloths with black napkins. A small square vase in the middle of the table with black shiny rocks in water...a red rose floating on the top. with the candles and votives around it. Red rose petals sprinkled on the tables.

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Chaser

My colors are just Cornflower blue or close to it and white/black. Pretty simple. My "theme" is really just us on our motorcycles. I no longer have the pic I took of our wedding cake topper but it's the bride and groom sitting on a model of our motorcycle (cbr1000rr repsol edition) and then this image I made from our pics from our ride in TN

This will be on our napkins and hopefully center layer of our cake and I had it put on our unity candles. Here is a photoshop I sent to the candle lady for how I wanted the candles. I got them in and they are BEAUTIFUL. Pretty much the same but the font for our names is a bit different. and obviously our names on the little candles..

I'd get a pic of the actual candles but it's hard for my phone to get a good pic. I'm sure my photographer will get a good pic of it.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Toytoy~I love your BM dresses - so pretty! What kind of flowers are you thinking of having? Have you picked out your dress yet?

MrsBabler~Your wedding sounds so romantic! As I was reading your post all I could see is an elegant dress with lace (kind of old glamour look) and lots of little lights everywhere lol.

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

My colors were pink/black. Sorry for all the pics-I love to show them off!

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

Edited by: deansbride on Aug 4, 2009 10:55 PM

AdriansWife2012 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/6/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

Our wedding colors are going to be Red (Like a darker wine red) and Gold. We are going to get married at sunrise :) I really couldnt come up with a theme so we will see what happens!

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: AdriansWife2012

I had a December wedding. It was a white wedding with hints of blue topaz and silver. We wanted it to feel snowy (original, I know) so we had feathers, sparkles, and snowflakes. Our table numbers were clear glass (that looked like melting ice) with the numbers etched into them.
christmastree.jpg picture by linzrene
Ourcake.jpg picture by linzrene

napkins.jpg picture by linzrene
ornaments2.jpg picture by linzrene
reception.jpg picture by linzrene
aacenterpiece.jpg picture by linzrene
rings1.jpg picture by linzrene
wedding054-1.jpg picture by linzrenepewcones.jpg picture by linzrene
Raeback.jpg picture by linzrene

{color:#ff0099}Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

{color}

ChicagoLawyer Posts : 4 Registered: 8/6/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our colors our light aqua and a buttery-yellow.

July 2010 wedding

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

More, more, more!!!

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Thanks MrsS2010 :) The bridesmaids dresses all came from David's Bridal (and there are three different style dresses--lemme know if you wanna see the other two). Our flowers will be calla lilies. I am going back and forth between cream and white...but we'll see. Good luck with your planning!

FutureMrsVarave... Posts : 1 Registered: 8/10/09
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

My wedding theme is traditonal, but my fiance's religion is different then mine. He is pagan and I haven't choosen a religion yet. So we decided to do a hand fasting for him and his family and the traditonal is for me and my family. So it works for everyone.
Our colors are pink, silver, and the traditonal white/black. We are having light pink, hot pink, and white calla lilies.
Future Mrs. Varavette

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine