Need some ideas =)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Need some ideas =)
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 2:26 PM

Hi All -

So I found this really beautiful bracelet made of sea glass that I'd like to get each of my girls as a gift for the wedding day, but I have no idea what kind of necklace to get. I've been showing my mom a bunch of different necklaces and all I keep getting from her is "that doesn't match," but do the bracelet & necklace really need to match?

Anyways, here's the bracelet. If you ladies have any ideas let me know! It would be greatly appreciated!
BC7467: Oceania Bracelet
When is my wedding

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: Need some ideas =)
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

That is a beautiful bracelet. Do you have the BM dresses picked out? Does it have a neckline that needs a necklace?

Here are a few ideas from Kohls

If you have brown also axcess Antiqued Gold-Tone Circle Pendant

Just silver Trifari Silver-Tone Oval Link Necklacedaisy fuentes Silver-Tone Long NecklaceTrifari Silver-Tone Oval PendantCandie's Silver-Tone Crystal Long Necklace

I hope some of those ideas helped!

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thanks Nessa! At least now I know that I don't have to get a matching necklace. The bridesmaids dresses don't really need a necklace to go with it. I think that if I did get them one it should be a choker style with some type of pendant? This is the dress they'll be wearing, but in Peridot green (peridot is like a sage color) but for whatever reason, David's Bridal website's peridot is silver looking. Anyways, this is the dress:
Spaghetti strap long chiffon dress with beaded empire waist.
My mom really likes this necklace, but I'm not sure what I think of it, let alone what my girls will. The colors of the beads are the color of the dress.

I was thinking something more along the lines of a plain silver chain with a pendant like this:
GROOVED GOLD FILLED SEA GLASS PENDANT #10

Sorry for so many big pics. I have no clue how to resize!
When is my wedding

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

The necklace that your mom picked out isn't bad, but it seems really busy with the bracelet.

I like the pendant idea, or maybe just skip a necklace altogether as the above poster mentioned.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: jbear

Since you're asking for opinions, I'll tell you flat out I don't like your mom's necklace choice because of the butterfly. Bejeweled sparkly bugs in jewelry make me think it belongs on a 7 year old girl.

I do like the pendant you posted.

Have you asked your BMs if they have any suggestions on what would match or what they'd like to wear (and keep)? Or maybe they could each wear a necklace they already own and your gift could be only the bracelet, or the bracelet and a gift card or something.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

I really like your idea of the single seaglass pendant. I think it will keep it simple (especially since the dress doesn't NEED a necklace) but it coordinates.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream for Tomorrow, Live Today!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

I like the simpler jewelry as well. The butterfly is a very youthful look. The pendant portion of it is quite long too and if any of your BM's are large chested it could end up dangling between their bosom. I am not fond of danglers.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I really like the idea of the pendant on a silver chain. I would look for something square or triangular, since thats whats on the bracelett, and I think they are very unique and nice. The necklace your mom pickd out has great colors, but the butterfly is a little juvinal (sp?) and i think it is to busy especially with all the shapes on the bracelett

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thanks ladies for all of your opinions! The butterfly necklace my mom picked out I also gave the same reaction to "it looks too little girlish and very juvenile" so needless to day, that one is out of the question.

Tanis - I am also a big chested girl and know what you mean about danglers.

So what I've decided to do is just purchase the bracelets and either do up a bunch of little "goodie" bags for stuff to use at the wedding or a gift cert for a manicure or pedicure.

Thanks again for all of your opinions!
When is my wedding

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

Can I just say I LOVE that bracelet and I bet your BMs will LOVE it. I opt for no necklace.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

angelheart Posts : 8 Registered: 8/3/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Same here. Lose the necklace, but not the bracelet - it's stunning enough without the former. :)

349 days to go! Can't wait! Kiss

Enough time to have my bridal name change

missbride2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 4/20/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

i also agree, a necklace is over the top.
the bracelet is gorgeous,
just stick with that.
~Sarah

Diannahk Posts : 4 Registered: 6/14/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

I found some really pretty silver and rinestone on bridesvillage.com that match that braclet. I tried to cut and pst one or two but I couldn't. I got my bridesmaid's gifts from them and they were of good quality and very affordable. I searched forever too until someone told me about them. So here's my good deed to you. good luck.
I love being in love!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine