What do the men in the wedding party wear?

Online Users: 1,306 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

LizBlankenhorn Posts : 1 Registered: 4/19/09
What do the men in the wedding party wear?
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 2:37 PM

I'm super confused about what the men are supposed to wear. We have 6 groomsmen, 3 ushers, 1 ring bearer and of course the two fathers. I want them to wear tuxedos, and I want my future husband to be slightly differentiated from the rest (different color tie and/or vest). So my question: Do the groomsmen (including the best man), the two fathers, the ring bearer and the ushers all wear identical tuxes?

Our colors are silver/gray, orange and white. It's an outdoor garden wedding in the spring.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: What do the men in the wedding party wear?
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: LizBlankenhorn

Hi,
I had my DH and both fathers in black tuxes and the gm's in in black tuxes with light pink ties (our colors were celery green & light pink, also a spring wedding). I had no jr gm or ring bearer.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Hello, I had my groomsmen and dads in just a regular 3 mutton tux. The dads wore a silver vest and tie, the groomsmen purple. Dh was in a completly diffrent tux (with tails since it was an outside spring victorian themed wedding) he wore the same purple tux as the Groomsmen, but instead of a tie he wore a silver and black ascot. I didn't have ushers or a ring bearer, but if I did, I would probably have put the ushers in the same tux as GMs and dads, but with a diffrent silver vest and tie than the dads, and the ring bearer in a tux just like the GM's.

Hope that helps!

angelheart Posts : 8 Registered: 8/3/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: LizBlankenhorn

Hello there Liz. At my sister's wedding party, the groomsmen wore tux. I initially thought that the idea was cheesy but it was very classy when I saw it for myself. She told me that the deal was actually affordable because she got the group discount for them. Just remember not to go with rental shoes because my hubby to be exclaimed about how stiff and
uncomfortable those are anyways. So if all of your groomsmen have their own pairs of
tuxedo appropriate dress shoes, let them wear their own to finish up that ultra classy look. :)

Enduring the 349 longest days of my life with a smile Smile

Currently considering to have my bridal name change

Monkeysuits Posts : 2 Registered: 8/4/09
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: LizBlankenhorn

A ton of our customers are unsure about this as well. The most important thing is that you are happy with the way everything turns out. I see people dress their wedding party in many different combinations. I believe the most popular thing we see is the wedding party in a black tuxedo with a vest to match the brides maids. The groom will generally wear a different vest to set him apart from the crowd, maybe solid white.
Most fathers tend to wear something real traditional, not necessarily a matching style. They are not part of the wedding party so can generally wear something different. You need to think about how everything is going to look a few years down the road when you go back and look at the pictures. I hope this helps.

Matt
Formalwear Outelt
Hillsborough, NC
For the best deal in Wedding Tuxedos check out
http://www.formalwearoutlet.com/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine