Private Property wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

turnerolson Posts : 1 Registered: 3/27/09
Private Property wedding
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 1:10 AM

We are planning our wedding to be in June of 2010 at our friends family ranch in Central Oregon. We have been asked by the family to come up with a contract of some sort in order to release their name from any liabilities. Does anyone know how I would go about taking care of this?

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Re: Private Property wedding
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: turnerolson

I believe that is called a hold harmless agreement. You can check office supply stores such as staples, they have boiler plate documents for leases and wills so they may have a hold harmless. But your best option is to contact a lawyer and have one written for you. Try your local bar association and they should be able to direct you to a lawyer that can help you.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: turnerolson

dear TO,

I'd go see a lawyer and do it right. The last thing you need is some DIY form, then find out the hard way that it has gaping loopholes.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: turnerolson

You alos might contact your own insurance company to see about a one or two day blanket policy. If you do not have your own insurance, then perhaps the homeowners could make the contact (with you, of course, paying the bill for a liability policy).
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

MrsJDtobe Posts : 159 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: turnerolson

Typically, wedding insurance covers this type of scenario. You can get both liability and other protection packages for a fairly reasonable price, that way in case something DOES happen, you and your guests are covered. I understand the family's desire to want this document to relieve them of liability, but it is nice to get coverage in case an accident does occur. You don't want your guests having to be without any coverage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On October 11, 2009, my cop will forever be cuffed to my heart ;-)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJDtobe

And one more note regarding insurance: when you get the policy, have the owners of the property added as "additional insured". You'll have to ask the owners what name they want it under. If they own the property under a business name, put it under that. If not, just add the name(s) of whoever owns it. Adding them as additional insureds protects them in case somebody decides to sue the owner of the property. It shouldn't cost anything extra.

preview image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine