S. Cali Beach Wedding Locations?

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

caribekat Posts : 1 Registered: 7/12/09
S. Cali Beach Wedding Locations?
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 2:46 PM

Anybody know of any good places for a beach wedding in San Diego/S. Cali area? My wedding is going to be small (under 40) but I'm having a hard time finding places that aren't too expensive but also have a reception place onsite or nearby. Any ideas would be great :)
-Kat

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: S. Cali Beach Wedding Locations?
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: caribekat

Dear Kat,

I'm hoping Myra sees this. She might know.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: caribekat

Try a copy of Here Comes the Guide for So. Cal. It lists lots of places. I lived in Laguna Beach for 25+ years. Contact the Chamber of Commerce or City of Laguna Beach for a complete listing. There are many oceanfront or ocean close hotels and restaurants, plus spots on public beaches that are private and can be reserved. Heisler Park has a magnificent view overlooking the beach and you can walk to nearby restaurants, which should be able to accomodate 40 people. Dana Point has several ocean view restaurants--I have been to a wedding at the Quiet Cannon. Further south, consider the towns of Carlsbad or Del Mar, or even San Diego itself. All of them have tourist info. bureaus and/or Chambers of Commerce, which should be able to help you out. You also might consider some of the smaller party boats out of San Diego or Newport Beach. They perform the ceremony onboard and tour the harbor. Companies such as Hornblower, Electra, and others offer package prices. An alternative is to go inland and look at some of the wineries in the Temecula area. They also have great wedding packages. Hope this helps.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I'm from the LA area and there aren't a ton of places to get married on the stretch of beach I know best, which is between Malibu and Santa Monica. But here are URLs to a couple of places I know of--sorry, my computer can't make them into links for whatever reason. I know nothing about their pricing.

Malibu West Beach Club:

http://www.malibuwestbeachclub.com/

Duke's Malibu--they have yummy food:

http://www.dukesmalibu.com/

Saddlerock Ranch is a winery in Malibu. Not on the beach, but we looked at getting married there and the place is gorgeous. Can't remember the prices offhand but I remember them being pricey. But if you can afford it, it would be worth it:

http://www.malibufamilywines.com/

Good luck.

preview image

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

One more idea: If your wedding will be teeny, like 25-30 people or less, then the Torrey Pines visitor center would also work. It's in La Jolla set on a bluff and a friend of mine had her wedding in the back of the center, on the bluff overlooking the hills and beach. It was an informal wedding and there was some seating but not for everyone, and it's a VERY small space. But if that fits with your plan it's great. Then we caravaned to a restaurant in Old Town San Diego for lunch. It was a nice way for out of towners to get to see some of the cooler parts of the SD area:

http://www.torreypine.org/

preview image

einstein76 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/4/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: caribekat

hi there,
If you find a nice and cheap beach location in SCal I would love to hear about it. I found tons just by typing beach wedding Southern California into google (and variations thereof). Sadly most of them were too expensive for my budget. So I would love to hear if you find anything good and affordable...
thanks

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 3:19 AM Go to message in response to: einstein76

If your interested in Santa Barabara, try Ellings Park(I think that is the name!) It is beautiful there and I had a friend tell me it was very reasonable. Also look into Adamson house in Malibu. The Malibu west beach club is BEAUTIFUL but it is insanely expensive UNLESS you know someone who lives in the neighborhood. Their association fees include use of the Malibu West BEach Club and they are able to rent it for about 500. Good luck!
wedding website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine