MOTHER OF THE BRIDE

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 6

ADazzlingEvent Posts : 69 Registered: 4/24/08
MOTHER OF THE BRIDE
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 2:42 PM

HELLO ALL:

I AM GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEKEND AND I NEED TO FIND MY MOTHER A GIFT. I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED AN ENGRAVED COFFEE TABLE ALBUM AND AN ENGRAVED COFFEE MUG FOR HER BUT I THINK SHE DESERVES MORE. SHE HAS REALLY HELPED WITH ALOT OF THE WEDDING. ANY SUGGESTIONS? PLEASE DONT JUST SAY JEWELRY...BE SPECIFIC....LOL

THANKS!

2 months and counting!!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: MOTHER OF THE BRIDE
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

Think about what she loves to do and give her something special related to that. Does she love dining out a a good restaurant--then give her a gift certificate for dinner for two. Show tickets? Sporting event? Spa? Museum membership. Book of the month? Bungee jumping??? My husband and I loved our gift certificate to a favorite upscale restaurant from my daughter and her new husband. I also loved my spa day with my daughter (a Mother's Day gift), and she loves gifts like theater tickets that we do together (time together is part of the gift).
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

(please don't type in all caps. We do not need to be yelled at.)

You have told us nothing about your mom, who you have known for your entire life, except that she's been extremely helpful.

Yet we are supposed to tell you SPECIFICALLY what you should get your mother, rather than in generalities?

Fine: assuming that your mom is religious, as a good bit of the population is. Get her a nice cross necklace in a style she does not have. If I were getting my mother one, I'd get her a celtic one.

For the MOB and MOG I got jewelry that has a 4 leaf clover in them. My mom, allergic to silver and any non-gold metals, will get a woven bracelet that has the 4 leaf clover bead in it. His mom is getting a cross with the four leaf clover in it.

But honestly? It's very hard to provide gift advice to someone who says "I wanna buy something for mommy. Tell me what to get" without providing any information about mom. (They DO have personalities you know)

Misty

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

iwedplanner Posts : 22 Registered: 7/20/11
Posted: Oct 15, 2012 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: wzq103

Her post a wonderful mother of the bride dresses. It look so good. When the mother also like very much.

wedding budget planning | wedding forum | wedding photo album | wedding gift registry | wedding blog | wedding hairstyle

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine