Holding close to you something of your loved one

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Furawaa Posts : 4 Registered: 7/22/09
Holding close to you something of your loved one
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 10:42 AM

As I travel a lot, and sometimes for quite long periods, I wanted to have with me some kind of little container pendant that could hold some things that are emotionally very important and valuable to me. Something that would symbolize a little part of my wife and 3 sons and everything that's dear to me. Not finding my thing in the usual retail, except for some fragile cameo's or keepsakes who look kind of morbid, I decided to design something myself for my wife and me. Now, one year later and a lot of prototypes later and the decision to go for it and share my design with the world (as there is nothing similar on the market), please have a look at [[b]www.mo-ga.me[/b]] to discover. Online since July 15. I called it the MO-GA.

I wanted the MO-GA to be elegant, solid, sealable, warming (silver is a perfect conductor), customizable in colors and materials and timeless in style and shape. I decorated with small mobile interchangeable sterling cubes slipped over the central axe. Suspended from a handsome silver chain, the pendant remains close to my hands, and I « play » with the mobile cubes, which enhances the feeling of proximity. My wife and I filled it with small locks of hair of our sons and eachother, together with a little poem. Mine is in full sterling silver, hers is sterling silver with turquoise finishing, as she believes turquoise brings luck for travellers :)
I'd appreciate your slightest thoughts about my first born. Seems I'm not able to add a picture...

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: Holding close to you something of your loved one
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: Furawaa

I find it very interesting and a really great idea! How did you come up with the name? The design is beautiful as well, I like that you can customize your own.
I also like that one day you'll have wood cubes, my husband is a carpenter/craftsman and this would hold a high sentimental value to me.
Also do you have the demensions of the jewel? I browsed the site but didn't see it, i'm just curious.

Edited by: savex389 on Jul 22, 2009 11:34 AM

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

Thank you so much for your feedback. The name MO-GA is a contraction of the term Modan Gaaru, a term used in Japan in the twenties (modern girl), describing the upcoming feminism, the gender shift... A bit like the flappers in the US. I still have pictures of granny smoking, working, dancing, drinking :) before she became a mother. Why the Japanese term? My youngest came to me explaining the origins of the word Pokemon. It's a contraction of poketu monsteruu, a japanized translation of pocket monster. And well, doing some research I discovered Modan Gaaru...
Also, I love Art Deco...
The customizing possibilities were really a condition for the development of the MO-GA, as I do believe people match better with certain colors and materials depending on their mood and feelings. Up until now, I got Sterling Silver cubes, brass cubes, Onyx, Turquoise and I'm preparing cubes in Ming ceramic and in Sandalwood, but need some more months of development. A set for every occasion.
Greetings, Furawaa

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: Furawaa

Well i think its a great idea and i'm sure others will too. I think i'm going to hold out for a wood one but I'm excited to own one. Just knowing that I will always have a piece of my husband with me brings a tear to my eye.
I did ask about the demension of the jewel but it was an add on to my original post and you might not have seen it.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

Sizes:

Height of the MO-GA: 1,4 inch
Size of the Cubes: 0,4x0,4x0,4 inch

Weight of a MO-GA: depending on the Cubes material (sterling, brass, onyx, turquoise: 0,88-1,05 ounce

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Furawaa

Such a lovely way of presenting yourself vendor, kindly go away if you are not paying to advertise.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hi. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your concerns. Alas, I'm not a vendor... not yet. I'm a full time web consultant, looking to give his career another turn. As I always wanted to be a designer, and as the MO-GA was an idea that just had to be turned into reality, I just went for it. Now that the MO-GA is there, times of uncertainty are coming... did I make the right choice? Only time and a lot of work will tell. Anyway, I do fully understand "guerilla" campaign techniques can work on people's nerves... but this is not one... not yet. This is just sharing an idea I had out of emotional need, and how it was turned into reality.
Sincerely, Furawaa

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine