bad davids bridal experience

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
bad davids bridal experience
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 2:59 PM

so i went to davids bridal about a week ago and i had made an appointment about a month in advance. little did i know, the place would be crowded as walmart before a snow storm.
1st of all, my consultant was late. then as it turns out, they booked her to help me, as well as another girl! talk about not a personal experience. my consultant/assistant/pain in the ass barely helped me at all. all she did was tell me a little about the dress as she slipped it over my head, and basically make fun of every little comment i made about the dresses i liked or didnt like. it got so bad that my sister, who has a bad temper decided to help me instead and eventually a whole other assistant helped me into some dresses. it was a nightmare until i found the dress. well, what im pretty sure is the dress. i felt like a bride. i felt like i would walk down the aisle right then and there. and when i put on the veil(birdcage (no one likes it but me!)) i just felt perfect.
so the day was not totally lost, but it still could have been a lot better.

any bad bridal shop experiences anyone wants to rant about?
(i know i feel better) ;-)

Amy...

On October 8th, 2010, I will be Mrs. Anthony J. Fiore!

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Re: bad davids bridal experience
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

I went to David's as well and like you it wasn't a great experience, but at the end of the day I found my dress. My consultant was very nice in the beginning and she got the dresses that I liked and she also brought some dresses that she thought I may like. I had my girlfriend (MOH) with me and she doesn't hold her tongue about anything (love it!). So my consultant would get mad at my girlfriend for pointing out good and bad things about the dresses the consultant wanted me to try on. By the way, it seemed that the consultant brought me the most expensive dresses to try on! After a while, my consultant was just done with my girlfriends comments and didn't return to help me. However, my girlfriends and I did everything ourselves and I ended up finding the perfect destination gown and at a responsible price!

Be Blessed!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at David's Bridal. I went there last weekend and I was surpirsed that I had a good experience. I went there on a Sunday late afternoon without an appointment. I only went to look at bridesmaids dresses and I ended up buying a wedding dress LOL. I asked the lady that works there if I can see some dresses and she said that the next available consultant will be ready in 30 mins. I decided to wait since I didn't have anything else to do and I was excited lol. The lady ended up showing up earlier and she was soooo nice! She didn't rush me or anything. She let me try on as many dresses as I wanted. She even suggested dress sizes. She helped other brides too but I didn't mind because while she was helping other girls I had the chance to be alone with my dress and wear it longer :) She was great! I bought my dream dress that day and left with a good impression of David's Bridal. I seriously thought I was going to have an awful time since everyone I know hates that place. I was shocked that I had a good time haha.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I have a bad one but it's not about David's Bridal. It's about another store out in AZ. I took about a week and looked at probably around 7 different stores. I drove to this one, we'll call it Brides Nightmare. The drive was about an hour away, far but whatever. I get there a little early ( I blame my speeding ). Well she said I could look around but don't touch any dresses. As I'm looking at dresses I hear her conversing with another bride who was there for alterations. She told this bride to stop eating because the dress was snug. The bride left the store crying a few minutes later after this lady tore her apart for eating to much. So she came to me after a while. I told her "Ok I want to try on these dresses". She then told me I couldn't try on one of the dresses because it was too expensive for me. Seriously? I didn't have a set budget on a dress. I tried on a couple and didn't like this or that. She then lectured me saying "I have been working at Brides Nightmare for over 25 years. I know what looks good or doesn't. You should have looked at the dress before you tried it on." AH!! At that point I was SO done. I changed out of the dress and said I'm done and just left. It was horrible.

Sorry for the long rant. But I do feel better :)

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

How horrible! Bridal consultants are the worst at hiding it when they want that commission. I've been to places that they will give you their honest opinion, and if they really like something you don't, that's the end of that dress. Then I've been to other places where they'll keep pushing that dress on you even though you told them you hate it.

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

David's Bridal sucks in my town. They are only friendly to me and my party IF someone is laying down some cash before we leave. When my bridesmaids and I went to 'try-on styles' to see what was flattering for everyone, we basically helped ourselves with the dresses. We kept asking random associates to help us because my 'associate' was working with another wedding party. Our appointment WAS scheduled a month in advance.

Another thing I don't like about DB's is that they didn't have enough variety of dresses to try in my size. I was limited to just a couple of styles to try on. I can't speak for all of the DB's across the US, but the one in BG really blows. Customer service is NOT a top priority with these people. Needless to say, I bought my gown through a Maggie Sottero retailer :) and they have been 110% helpful, knowledge, and friendly.

TheresalovesSte... Posts : 18 Registered: 7/13/09
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

I just went to Davids Bridal in Rockville, Maryland last friday. I went at around 7:30 pm and it closed at 9. I had a great experience! I picked my dress right then and there! It was the third one I tried on It was also gasp the cheapest one I chose to try on! AND it was on sale! It was awesome!

I suppose it depends on the day and what time you go... For me, it was great and I can't wait to wear my wedding dress on November 14th!!!

anfeesgirl Posts : 25 Registered: 1/25/09
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: TheresalovesSte...

i think youre right about what time and day you go. i went on saturday at like 11:30 am, so i guess i should have assumed rush hour, but to double book a consultant?! my sister is really loud and opinionated so it made me feel better when she started to take charge to get my consultant to pay attention to me. i was told the one in rockville is good. maybe i should have gone there. it wouldnt be much farther away, i live in frederick, md. its cool to hear from a "local" (same state) girl. thanks everyone for writing!

Amy...

On October 9th, 2010, I will be Mrs. Anthony J. Fiore!

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

I don't like DB in general. When I first started looking for dresses, I looked at their website, and I'm going to blame it on the crappy photographs on their website, but not one of their dresses stood out to me. I know that in person there probably are a few, but on the website it's just a sea of white. It's like they have no personality in their pictures, and that's what I have to go by at the moment.

Then, when I went to DB in person with a friend for her wedding, it was chaos.

Maybe I'm just snobby, idk, but I just am not a fan of most of their gowns, considering I can buy a Maggie gown for the same price range in my area, and actually have a detailed gown that was made for me and isn't just "off the rack". I feel like most of DB are overpriced.

That's just me though.
My Planning Blog

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: anfeesgirl

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine