Groomsmen

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

sillymonkey Posts : 48 Registered: 4/6/08
Groomsmen
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:01 AM

We are getting married August 1 and one of our groomsmen is having a dilemma. Recently he is in the middle of being a victim of identify theft. He called up my fiance a couple of weeks ago and told him the situation to tell him what's going on and ask for financial help. Of course we are paying most of our wedding so we weren't able to help him in that way. He told us he would try hard to be in the wedding. After my fiance called me and told me, I told him to call him and tell him if he needs to be relieved of any stress he doesn't have to be in the wedding even though we would love to have him. I have been a victim of identity theft so I know how stressful it is. Well my fiance has tried to call him several times but we are unable to get a hold of him. We were going to tell him, he's still invited but if he feels its too much to be in the wedding then we understand. I should also mention that our wedding is a 12 hour drive away from where he lives and he lost every cent he had with this theft. now that I have 4 weeks left, I want to make up programs, confirm tux(I'm not sure if he ever got fitted), etc but I don't know what to do since we can't get a hold of him. I don't want to just write him out but I have other plans that I have to get done. Not to mention another groomsmen is waiting to see if they are going to drive together or if he should just fly separately. I want to be respectful of what he is going on and not be a pest by having my fiance call all the time. Any suggestions.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Groomsmen
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

That sucks for him. Identity theft is awful. When you say you cant get a hold of him, what do you mean? How many ways do you have to reach him? If you have a phone number and email, for example, then leave message in both places letting him know that you both love him, want him to be involved in the wedding, but of course understand if its currently too much money and stress on his part to do so. Tell him its much more important that he get his identity stuff straightened out, and that you know how difficult that can be since youve been there yourself. Make sure to let him know that of course, you would love to have him there as a guest if he can still swing that. Then ask that he please let you know what he is planning on doing either way, as soon as possible, so you can continue to make your plans. Your Fh should do all these things, by the way, since its his groomsman.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

FH has called where he is staying and left messages, email and facebook. He says he's been calling almost everyday but no such luck

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

Update- We've heard from groomsman and he can't do it. Thanks for your response.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine