Hair updo advice needed!

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

Marte Posts : 22 Registered: 7/29/07
Hair updo advice needed!
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 2:40 PM

This is how I'd like to wear my hair on my wedding day:

I worry about the following things:

1. My hair is very straight and sleek, and doesn't curl easily. It also loses its curls/volume after half an hour. Do you think the hairdresser can achieve this look? I have a trial appointment booked - should I ask for this hairstyle then?

2. How can I attach a small veil on a comb to this hairstyle?

3. I'd like to have 1-3 fresh roses in my hair. Do you think they can be fitted in somewhere?

Thanks for all your advice!

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Re: Hair updo advice needed!
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: Marte

I would definitely ask to have this style done at your trial appointment. The hairdresser should be able to address your concerns about achieving the volume neccesary, whether a comb can be worked in, and where it would be best to place the roses. Also, after the appointment, you'll be able to test out how long the style will hold up for you! My guess is that you're going to need a lot of holding spray!

Although I'm by no means a professional hairstylist, I definitely think a veil with a comb could be worked into this haristyle, and the roses could go on (or around) the comb? I don't know if you'll be able to envision what I'm thinking... but definitely play around with the idea with your hairdresser on the trial day!

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

BlackstoneSkinner Posts : 38 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Marte

I think it can be achieved by any good hairstylist or atleast you can get pretty close. Ask her/him to do it, if she/he doesn't feel confident with the look ask for suggestions of variations that can be done that are similar.

Now, question 2. It looks like the hair is loosely pinned. If that is the case I'm not sure that a comb will work. It will end up pulling your style tight when the rest isn't or the comb may fall out. Maybe you can do it at the top if your veil is long enough. If you have your designer do this style, ask them to try to place the veil.

Are you wanting them to be up top like those feathers(?) are? Or behind your ear or soemthing?
If you are going for what the picture is showing, I almost say you may have to wait to see how the style will need to be altered to fit your hair's personality. If the 'do has to be tighter than in the picture, you may look like you've got a bouquet on your head.

Good luck! I hope you can achieve the look you want! =)
Jenn

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: BlackstoneSkinner

Would you ever consider a birdcage veil?? That might work well to not drag the volume of this hairstyle down like a regular veil would..and you wouldnt need roses if you can find a veil with some great details on it! So that might kill two birds with one stone lol. But I absolutely looove that hairstyle so I hope it works out for you! Post pics when you have your trial and just wait it out and see how long it holds up!

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: BlackstoneSkinner

I think the roses (hopefully 3) can be attached someone where the feathers are in the photo. I just wanted them pinned down into the hair, with pins or something. I don't want the feathers.

As for the veil, I agree, I don't know if it will work. I have decided that I would rather have the hairstyle than the veil, though. :-)

My veil is short, and the comb is small, and also it's in Norway and I am in the UK, so I can't play around with it here! Argh!

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I love birdcage veils! But they are so trendy and I am not trendy. ;-) I also fear I might love them now, but not later, which is ok I guess since I want a wedding I love now. I already own my veil though, so I'm not sure I have the energy to find another with 17 days to go. But I do love them. :-)

My hair trial is at 10am so I'll have plenty of time to check if it falls down! ;-)

Interrep Posts : 1 Registered: 7/17/09
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: Marte

I got an updo at Salon 5 (located in Fort Lee), New Jersey. They did such an awesome job, an updo is definitely the way to go. She did it exactly how i wanted it, soft curls pulled back in a bun to the side. Their website is http://www.salon5.com and http://www.spa5nj.com. Keeping it down will drive you crazy!!

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Interrep

Thanks... But I was never really in any doubt as to whether I wanted an updo or not. It's an August wedding and I don't like having my hair down much in the summer anyway!

hairstyleblogkr... Posts : 5 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Marte

A hairstylist in weddings can definitely achive this look...even in straight hair. A tip: second day hair is best.

www.hairstyle-blog.com

Laikhra Posts : 8 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: BlackstoneSkinner

hello buddy how are you dear i read your comment it's great i like it dear i learn alot of things from your comment i hope everyone likes your post dear thanx for this information.

auto parts--auto parts

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Laikhra

hairstylblogkristal -- the Original Poster got married in August. Way to be timely

Laikhra -- write much? This is absolutely horrific grammar and makes absolutely no sense. Obviously, you could stand to learn quite a bit more, particularly in the realm of communication.

Misty

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Marte

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: Marte

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine