Appropriate registry alternative?

Online Users: 1,316 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
Appropriate registry alternative?
Posted: Mar 1, 2005 2:53 PM

I am currently registered at 3 stores. Since most of my guests are not going to be coming to the bridal shower, the only other gift-giving op would be the wedding. Now I know it is not the best etiquette to put registry info in invites, but is it less rude to send it with save the dates, so that they can use the registry for Christmas or birthday gifts? Also, I was thinking of typing up a little paragraph explaining our color scheme and decor style. Is this rude? I know it sounds pushy, but I just want to help our guests purchase gifts that we won't have to return! If I do that I would just say something like "Our decor colors are black, red and purple. For gift ideas we are registered at..." Reading this to myself it sounds rude but I really don't know what else to do! I don't want people to feel like they have to get us gifts either, but the word-of-mouth idea is not likely to work so well because most of our guests are scattered and don't know my parents to ask them for ideas. HELP!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine