Anyone host a dessert reception?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Anyone host a dessert reception?
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 3:57 PM

Hello all you married ladies...
I'm getting married outdoors next August, hoping for a short ceremony around 7:30 pm, reception immediately following, around 150 guests. My fiance and I want to do a dessert only reception... in theory. In reality though, I'm scared that people will think we're cheap; that people will eat and leave in like, 10 minutes; that people will want to stay but get hungy, etc. Every time we talk about the menu we start throwing in things like a salad bar, finger sandwiches, etc. But then it wouldn't be a dessert only reception!
So, did any of you have dessert receptions? How did people like it? Can you ease my fears or would you tell me to run, run as fast as I can from a dessert only reception?

.:Katie:.

BlackstoneSkinner Posts : 38 Registered: 5/14/09
Re: Anyone host a dessert reception?
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Haven't gotten married yet, but I've got an idea for you! I've never been to Oregon so you'll have to excuse me if I assume that their Augusts are like ours in Texas. But, if you are going to have a more casual sort of wedding, on your invitations say something like, "After supper on August Date, 2010, please join us when we marry at Place. Dessert reception to follow." Then you could have several different kinds of homemade icecreams, cakes and sweets to cap off their meal. Like I said, the only way you could get away with something like that is to have everything casual. I hope you find the ideas helpful!

Good luck!
Jenn!

P.S.
If you wanted, you could even get RSVPs for per-wedding dinner and call one of your local restaruants to reserve XNumber of tables for your guests before the wedding.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine