Cresthaven and Lake George

Online Users: 1,234 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

lynniefish Posts : 2 Registered: 6/13/09
Cresthaven and Lake George
Posted: Jun 13, 2009 9:42 PM

Hi,

I've just started planning a Fall 2010 wedding in Lake George, NY. I'm from out of town (i live in utah) and am curious if people have recommendations for vendors in the area. We have put a deposit down at the Lodges at Cresthaven, and are curious if anyone has any experience with them. We liked the place, and the people seemed helpful and professional, but we would be happy for any other advice and/or stories. We are also looking to find a good baker for a cake, and a good florist. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

lynnie

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Cresthaven and Lake George
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: lynniefish

Hey Lynnie!
I'm from Upstate NY and Lake George is about an hour north of me!! So your looking for florists and bakers? I would try searching in the Saratoga Springs, Glens Falls, Queensbury or even Albany regions for these vendors.

Lake George in the Fall is beautiful!

lynniefish Posts : 2 Registered: 6/13/09
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. So far I think we are going to go with:

Floral -- Susan at Finishing Touches in Bolton Landing
Bakery -- Jeremy at Gambles in Glens Falls
DJ -- Dave with Elite Sounds Entertainment

If anyone knows about these vendors, I'd love to hear about them (good and bad!) before we make final choices.

Also, looking for someone to do day of hair and makeup. Someone suggested Studio 71 (queensbury, i think) and am curious if anyone has experience.

Thanks!

Lynnie

Schnewitt Posts : 1 Registered: 7/8/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: lynniefish

Hey Lynnie!

I am getting married at the Lodges at Cresthaven on Sept 26th 2009 so I should be able to give you all sorts of feedback in about 90 days.

I also live in Charlotte, NC and have had to plan everything from here. My entire budget is $17,000 & I am doing pretty well so far to stay in that ballpark.

A couple suggestions:
1. I found an AWESOME girl to do save-the-dates & invitations. Her name is Allie Lefebvre - she lives in PA and worked through the entire process with me over email. I explained what I wanted the feel to be & she created a BUNCH of options & we just worked to narrow it down perfect. allielefebvre@yahoo.com

2. I am using Ron Scales for music - he's a DJ but has the best equipment - all Bose stuff & he literally has been SOOO helpful in giving us guidance on flow. He will follow what you say to a "T" and has a great personality - not cheesie. 315-335-9311

3. We are not super religious but want our ceremony to be more about friendship, teamwork, trust & partnership. Rev. Victoria O Milne has been incredible in trying to make the ceremony special. She has us writing a love letter to each other that we have to give her 30 days in advance & then she crafts the vows from words & phrases from our letters to each other. Then she gives the letters to us later that night. godhopebelieve@aol.com

4. Flowers - I am meeting with Cindy Murphy from Cottage Crafts in South Glens Falls next Tuesday while I am up there for a quick trip. She has been a huge help with crafting the vision of what I am looking for & very reasonably priced. 518-793-1414

Jayne & Dan at Cresthaven have been good so far. I'll know more next week after I meet Dan in person to finalize the menu for our evening. We're actually having a welcome Cocktail Hour from 4:45pm - 5:45pm, Ceremony from 6pm - 6:30pm & a Tapas Style dinner with no seating chart after that. We'll see how it goes!! We'll have approximately 100-105 ppl attending.

Feel free to reach out with any questions. Oh and for hair/make-up/nails on the day of the wedding - we are using The Spa Studio in Glens Falls - Sharon Butto is the owner & they seem hip, fun & professional. 518-745-6909.

I hope this helps. I am a little stressed because we got engaged March 31st of this year & we're trying to pull off a wedding in 6 months because we had already booked a great trip to Europe for the end of Septemeber so it made sense to get married before so we could make that trip our honeymoon.

Let me know if I can help in any other way. If you have learned anything during your research that might be helpful for me to know - Please, Please share.

Thanks!
Sara

slschneider5@yahoo.com

nyvizs Posts : 1 Registered: 4/16/09
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: lynniefish

We just used Saloon 71 for my sister's wedding. There were 9 of us and everyone's hair/makeup looked great. They were super nice there too - had juice and snacks for us, I would definitly recommend them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine