Need help with wedding color Scheme

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

liza369 Posts : 22 Registered: 1/26/09
Need help with wedding color Scheme
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 12:16 AM

I am getting married in june and i have yet to pick out my colors. My favorite color is pink but I really don't know what to use for the other colors. Please help me out. Ideas would be great even if they don't involve pink...I will be having an outdoor ceremony but the reception will be indoors.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Need help with wedding color Scheme
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

Nobody can pick colors for you. If you like pink--use pink. I'd suggest that you start looking at bridal websites and magazines, all of which are loaded with pictures of weddings in every color scheme imaginable. I have a huge photo library and am happy to send pictures of any combo you might like, when you narrow it down to a couple of alternatives.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

KatyDee Posts : 48 Registered: 7/2/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

My favorites using pink are:

Pink and Teal
Pink and Black

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

I'm getting married later this month and my colors are black, white, and hot pink which looks really classy together, but adds in a pop of color. Here are some of my other favorite combinations with pink:
black, white, hot pink sweet 16 / party / shower inspiration board

I also love navy with pink. You can do navy with hot pink or navy with a lighter pink works nicely too.
I would have done this one, but my FH wanted a black and white wedding, but I love brown with baby pink or even hot pink!
My latest favorite is green and pink which could look really nice outside! You could also add either peach, orange, or yellow to give it another look as well.

Hopefully you'll find these to be helpful!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

I suggest you find something for inspiration, such as an invitation, a bridesmaid's dress or a swatch of fabric that can be used as table covers. It's best if your inspiration is a multi-colour pattern of some sort or another so that not only do you get a great designer colour scheme, but you also have a kind of "feel" you're going for.

Just picking colours doesn't necessarily help you pick what you want your wedding to feel like (rustic, modern, formal, casual, etc).

For example:

modern:
<a class=http://9-3+WW+-+Brown+and+pink+wedding+copy.jpg" width="357" height="246" />

More kinda country casual:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oZuFDni50Qs/Rzu9HxHDaPI/AAAAAAAAAPs/fx9AjKACB9o/s400/Inspiration+Board+3.jpg

see what I mean? almost the same colour scheme, and two very different designs.

So anyway.. yeah. lol :)

------------------------------------------

Married since 10/26/08

My new project: 

studentknitter.blogspot.com

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

As PP's have said, it is hard to help someone else out with their color selection. However, I can say that I personally think that weddings look their best (and are easier to coordinate!) if they have at least 2 different colors (or even 2 different shades of colors), one neutral if it is ever needed (like white, cream, tan, etc.), and one metallic (gold, silver, bronze or even black; even though black isn't a metallic it fulfills the same goal which is to give that kind of punch that makes the other colors look even better).

I will use my wedding as an example. I, too, loved pink. I decided to go with dark pink and light pink in all the flowers so they would have some contrast. My dress was ivory so any time a neutral color was needed I had them use ivory/off-white/whatever. We used this with linens, candles, seating cards, and the guest book.. I chose gold as my metallic and used gold for my jewelry, the ribbons on the wedding cake, the printing on our invitations, and a few other little things (like using gold pens to sign the guest book).

This is merely a guide for you from me and there are certainly other ways of doing it. However, since you liked pink I thought I would share my experience. :) BTW, if you want to see any pics from my wedding just PM me and I will get a few to you.

Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine