For those of you still waiting...

Online Users: 1,239 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ellebee Posts : 2 Registered: 6/18/09
For those of you still waiting...
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:20 PM

Have you thought about proposing yourself?

I just heard about this cool new contest to win his and hers Kirk Kara Platinum wedding bands on OneWed! All you have to do is write 200 words on how you would propose to your man. Just an idea...

Check it out at http://www.onewed.com/blog/savvy-scoop/2009/06/17/pop-platinum-proposal!

prettypixy Posts : 4 Registered: 6/29/09
Re: For those of you still waiting...
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: ellebee

A few people have told me to ask him. I might be old fashioned, but I think it's his job to ask me. Kind of like, I was happy he told me he loved me first. There is something that just melts my heart, thinking about him down on one knee asking me to be with him forever. I know it'll happen in time, and that's part of why it's so hard to wait, we have NO IDEA of when it's coming. It's always a little hard for a woman to give up the reigns and let her man drive. But that's just me.

clc9860 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/26/09
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: prettypixy

Hey Pixie,
I totally sympathize. I'm a planner, we joke that I'm the relationship secretary, I keep everything organized. So, it's hard to just let things evolve as he's ready...I think my guy's planning something for tomorrow, but if not...:-(
It's not about finding someone you can live with, it's finding the person you can't live without.

tellyy Posts : 27 Registered: 10/31/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: ellebee

i'm sorry,but i'm an old fashined gal. who knows as the saying goes good things come for those who wait.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: tellyy

I was going to, but he beat me to it :P I even had a ring for him.

I hate having roles defined based on genitals. Sorry to be so blunt, lol. And because that's important to me, I also knew it was important for me to marry someone who didn't have certain gender roles assigned in his mind.

A man who would have turned down a proposal from me just because I'm a woman would NOT have been the man for me. But that's just my opinion and what works in my life.

I think I picked a good one. I have a baby, and didn't have to life a finger at the hospital and the first few weeks after, when he was off work (except when breastfeeding, and when I wanted to, of course!) He handled the diapers, the clothing, and never tried to make me feel like it was MY job.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine