Accessory ideas

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Accessory ideas
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 12:37 AM

So, I just bought my dress and now I'm deciding on accessories. I HATE (with a passion) tulle/netting veils. I think they look cheap/tacky/Made in China. I don't mean to insult anyone who has or wants a tulle veil, because it's really all a matter of opinion. Those just aren't for me. Plus, they're upwards from $80 usually, and I can make that for probably $10 at the most.

That being said, I love organza. This is what organza looks like:

http://www.couture-bridal.com/prodimages/620-40_jpg-sm.jpg

But my problem is that my dress has some tulle at the bottom.

Those designs right at the very bottom are sewn onto tulle. That won't clash or be noticeable, right?

Anyone have any experience with organza veils or know a good place to find some? I'm really really considering making my own, but with making my own gloves and invitations, I'm going to be very busy.

Here are the kind of gloves I'm making, but they'll be slightly longer:

Will they go well with the dress? I'd love some comments/suggestions.

6thSenseForStar... Posts : 6 Registered: 6/12/09
Re: Accessory ideas
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 3:09 AM Go to message in response to: Jream

I'm with you on veils! UGH I think the "popular" ones are so UGLY! I'm making a birdcage veil myself, which is in class of it's own in my book (though you may disagree). Anyway, I don't think a single person would notice organza vs tulle duking it out in your ensemble. And though I would normally write off gloves as falling into the hideously overdone category, I think these gloves are great with your dress (I saw your other post where you were wearing a more basic style of glove so I can visualize the look you are going for and must say it suits you well). So carry on! It will look great! Oh yeah, no input on the actual making of or buying of the veil- I'm still trying to figure it out myself! I bought the material for $18 and now I'm stuck :(

Edited by: 6thSenseForStarbux on Jul 3, 2009 3:10 AM

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Re: Accessory ideas
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Jream

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine