Traveling Rabbi ?

Online Users: 1,334 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

LoveMe Posts : 1 Registered: 5/11/09
Traveling Rabbi ?
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 9:57 PM

Hello Ladies,

I am getting married in Bermuda in July 2010. :-)
Minor bump in the planning process: There are no Rabbis in Bermuda to perform a Jewish ceremony. We have to bring one... Does anyone have any advice on what to pay a Rabbi for presiding over a destination wedding? Do you only pay for their plane tickets and hotel accommodations? Food? ??? Anything else?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: Traveling Rabbi ?
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

I have no idea how much a non-travelling rabbi charges let alone a travelling one. I think the only way to find out is to ask around. You could get different answers depending on the location. If its somewhere they might really like to go they might charge less. I would think flight, accommodation, meals and any other business expenses. You might also try posing your subject as "vendor expenses for travel" or something a little less specific.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I know that our Rabbi cost $900 but that includes a year of pre-marital counseling.  My friend who is just having her Rabbi officiate is being charged $100 so I think it will really depend. Is your ceremony orthodox, reform or conservative? That may make a huge difference as well. However, a Jewish wedding does not have to be resided over by a Rabbi so you may have other options. Good luck and Mazel Tov!

wedding tickers

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

I just did a destination wedding and have a contact for you.. they used a Jewish Cantor.. it was an incredible wedding. Please send me a PM with your personal information and I will get it right to you.

Thanks

Tammy Levent
Elite Travel

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

heddahjo Posts : 3 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

Email rabbi@interfaithfamily.com at www.interfaithfamily.com. They have a great referral service to help couples find clergy for interfaith weddings and work with traveling clergy all the time. They can probably provide you with some guidelines.

InvestInLove Posts : 1 Registered: 11/9/09
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

We have attended 2 weddings by Cantor Debbi Ballard, one in Mexico, and the other in Aruba. She lives in Florida, and travels all over the world performing Jewish & Jewish/Interfaith weddings. She's amazing - really gets to know you personally, and almost feels like part of the family. Her website is www.mypersonalcantor.com. She really did a great job, and we loved her ceremonies, especially where she talks about the couple, personally. You can tell she puts a lot of time into writing her ceremonies.

manishfusion Posts : 1 Registered: 11/27/09
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 4:27 AM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

hello i think $850 for rabbi is better price .
and i wish you a very happy married life . wish ur love and romance will never ends
love you guys

Edinburgh Accommodation !! web design edinburgh

Edited by: manishfusion on Dec 3, 2009 6:51 PM

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: LoveMe

Sexy Deep Sweetheart with Spaghetti straps Knee-length Organza Cocktail Dress
Save up to 44% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $78.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sexy-deep-sweetheart-with-spaghetti-straps-kneelength-organza-cocktail-dress-p-32631.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine