DIFFERENT bridesmaid gift idea

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
DIFFERENT bridesmaid gift idea
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 11:42 PM

Ok...so I really wanted to find gifts for my BM that was different than what seems like the traditional gifts. I was stumped until I was looking through an AVON magazine. They had a pedicure foot set in there for a really good price! Then I got the idea to get each of my bridesmaids a tote bag (yeah this is traditional, lol) and put things for a home pedicure in them and then buy them a pair of cute flipflops. ( I'm also going to do a slideshow of pictures of us growing up together, and I may include this in the bag or save it to give to them at the rehearsal dinner with the gifts to the rest of the wedding party.) We've always been super close, and after I get married I'm moving away from all of them, so it will be sad. :( I'm going to give them the totes a little early with an invitation inside to come to a pedicure party! This way they will use their gifts when we are all together and have a little bit of girl time before I have to move away. I thought it was a cute idea, and a little bit different with the pedicure party and all. Does anyone else have any different gift ideas?

allisonfoster2B Posts : 65 Registered: 5/9/09
Re: DIFFERENT bridesmaid gift idea
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

i like that idea! it sounds way personalized. Good luck.

AllisonWink

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

I used to sell Avon....and I was selling it around the time I got engaged, so I was bridesmaid gift shopping then.

My Maids are getting:

Personalized tote bag from www.justembroideredtotes.com (they came out AMAZING!!)
Berry Mint Foot Scrub
Berry Mint Foot Cream
Pedicure set
Lip Gloss Pallette
Perfume Samples (I'm collecting with my Sephora orders. Yes, I'm cheap sometimes)
pHilosophy's Microdelivery Face Wash
philosophy Microdeliery Face Cloths
Everything that goes in the OOT bags

And of course the obligatory piece of jewelry (Claddagh with a Trinity knot... my flame bearer will get a four leaf clover... celtic wedding)

That is also not to mention that they will be getting a wine glass (all the wedding party gets a wine glass ... not just us. I made them)

Misty

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

I think that is a great idea. I also wanted somethign a little different. Our wedding colors were silver and gold so I got the girls silver and gold wristlets from Coach.

LindsayR Posts : 5 Registered: 6/18/09
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

A good addition to the pedicure manicure totes is a product called Konad. You can make your own cute designs using a stamp. Different kits range from $15-$100s, but it's totally worth it. I'm moving away in a few weeks (what a coincidence lol) and just recently I had a bunch of friends over and I painted all their nails with my kit. Now all of them want one. lol

Another parting gift I gave all my friends was my secret recipe for these cookies I always made them. I hand-wrote them and wrote a little letter on the back. Think of something that is meaningful to them about you: a simple recipe, a movie, or a book. To personalize each tote, give a small wrapped present relating to that person. From the heart, everything is special. =]

WinterBride6602 Posts : 33 Registered: 4/13/09
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

One of the gifts I'm giving my girls are these fun lolita martini glasses http://www.lolitamartiniglasses.com/. They have really cute and different ones that you can kind of personalize them to your friends hobbies/personality.

For example, one of my BM's is in grad school to become a physicians assistant and they have a martini glass that looks like an IV bag and says "get me another shot!" on it.

They also have mugs and other stuff (better fit for those underage BM's!!).

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:46 AM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1861 is just $349.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine