Hello September 2009 Brides...Where R U???

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

QueenCityLuv Posts : 3 Registered: 3/24/09
Hello September 2009 Brides...Where R U???
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 12:07 PM

Hello, I am relatively new to BC and my wedding date is 9-19-09!!! FH and I are sooo excited. Congratulations in advance to all September Brides. As of today we have secured the venue for both ceremony and reception. We have booked the officiant, photographer and hotel for out of state-town guests. I have chosen my dress and my MOH as well as my bridesmaid dresses from Alfred Angelo. Our colors are Peacock, Silver, and wine. The guys will be wearing black tuxs from MW Tux. I still need ideas for the reception or better ideas to match with the peacock color dresses? Any suggestions? I will incorporate feathers in the bouquets and thinking about having each lady wear a rose in her hair. I haven't seen many post from the September brides....I know you're out their...

Be love,

Congratulations in advance to all Brides a special shout out to September Brides. May the love that you and you're future hubby share continue to blossom and shine forever.

BE LOVE, Smile

TERRI & DEREK

SeptBrideAmy Posts : 4 Registered: 4/2/09
Re: Hello September 2009 Brides...Where R U???
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Hey Terri!

Congratulations!!

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing, were are the Sept. brides?

I just want to add that I was in Michaels Crafts Store today, & they have some cute peacock feathers & other feathers too sold individually. I think it would be a nice touch to your bouquet & even your centerpieces if you have a med. to tall centerpiece.

Also, if you google " PRINTABLE MICHAELS COUPONS" I found one for 50% off any reg. priced item.

Good Luck!!!
"The best blush to use is laughter. It puts roses in your cheeks and in your soul."

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Congratulations to Terri and SeptBrideAmy!!!! And Terri my date is the day before yours! We wanted an evening wedding so decided on a Friday evening.

Our colors are peach and orange. We're doing mostly white carnations bouquets, but mine will have a lot of peach roses in them and a few white carnations. It's only been a five month engagement. two months into the engagement I've got my dress, the BM dresses, flowers, church, reception, food, photographer, invites done, all my music.......so i'm focusing on hearing back from the invites, picking out wedding party gifts, and trying to help my dear FH decide on his and his guys tuxs. (I never thought a guy would take longer to pick out his outfit than a girl did. LOL) It's been kinda hard because he lives in virginia and I live in pennsylvania, but we've been managing. You can definitely plan a wedding in just several months if you want to! I can't imagine having a longer engagement.

Oh and SeptBrideAmy, I've asked my grandma to give me any A.C.Moore and Michaels coupons that she doesn't use every week. We get the sunday paper with the coupon section and every week they have a 40% or 50% off coupon. I've been able to save a bunch of money doing it this way.

Terri, your peacock colored wedding sounds beautiful! I've seen some bouquets with feather accents and they are really gorgeous! Good luck to you!

~Sarah

And there has got to be more than 3 September 09 brides out there...speak up girls!

lizrod Posts : 7 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Sept 19th is my day too! This is my second, so we're planning a small ceremony with family and close friends, with my little girl as the star of the show.

AmandaJ0 Posts : 34 Registered: 3/1/09
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

My wedding is September 19 as well. I get a little nervous about getting everything accomplished in time, but I am on the right track! My dress came in yestreday and I have an appointment to try it on next week. Tuxedos are picked out. MOH dress is purchased. Location for wedding and reception is decided. Pastor is booked. Premartial counseling is under way. Inviataions are ordered. Rings are paid for. Favors are bought, but not assembled. Now onto what is not done: music, photographer, flowers, food. My FH has not picked out his BM yet so that is nervewracking...

MJ2010 Posts : 4 Registered: 7/12/09
Planning for September...
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Congrats to all the brides getting married in September 2009!

Our date is Sept 5th, 2010 so you've got a year on me, but I'm wondering how these last few months are going? I'm starting to plan with over a year to go, but it seems like all is going well. In fact we have the church, the reception site, ideas for the cake, favors, invitations. We have a color scheme, he's in charge of the music arrangements and we're looking at menus.

Is it supposed to be going so smoothly?

What should I be expecting (in terms of hiccups) along the way?

I'm just trying to learn from your experiences.

Diannahk Posts : 4 Registered: 6/14/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Congrats on your wedding. Septemeber is just right around the corner. I hope things are coming together for you. I saw some really cute feather pens on bridesvillage.com that you could use with your guest book. I used bridesvillage.com as my personal store when I got married in July. The service is great and the site has really sute unique items that you don't find anywhere else. Well good luck! Dianna
I love being in love!

LuccaLove Posts : 2 Registered: 8/3/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: QueenCityLuv

Wow! 9/19/09 is pretty popular! I'm getting married that day as well!

i'm so excited! it's my first wedding, his second. We were gonna get married in may of 2010, but my father's health is getting pretty bed and it's very important that he walks me down the aisle so we moved it up.
We're having a very small(parents only) ceremony then a very casual reception. I'm trying to get some ideas of decorations for a casual but nice reception. I'm doing it all myself, so any and all ideas are welcome!

Congrats to all brides!

sherri

1234Onlynamenot... Posts : 52 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: LuccaLove

Congrats to you and Welcome!!!! i am sorry to hear about your dad. I am in the same boat however, my dad is in a home and cannot walk me down the aisle so my brother is going to do it.

Anywho, what are your colors?
wedding website

LuccaLove Posts : 2 Registered: 8/3/09
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: 1234Onlynamenot...

Thanks!

My parents are actually my foster parents. Never adopted, so they could have washed their hands of me when i was 18. But they chose not to. So i want to definately include them in the ceremony.

Colors. The ceremony is so simple that we're not doing any sort of decorating there. But the reception is gonna be in fall colors. Silk flowers(maple leaves i think) will be strewn everywhere. Burgundy tablecloths. Not sure about what kinds of centerpieces yet. I don't have a lot of money, so i'm a DIY girl.

I just got my dress and it's being shipped right now. Ebay is amazing lol.

Anyone have some great DIY ideas for centerpieces for about 6 tables?

sherri

1234Onlynamenot... Posts : 52 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: LuccaLove

my mom and i are do it yourself as well!!! and she is doing my center pieces... the cutest idea was small vases (dollar tree), silk bunch of roses with stems, and the gel water stuff from micheals! the end result is the buds sitting on the mouth of the vase with nothing but the stems going into the water-like gel....she is going to add a little ribbon around the mouth of the vase as well!! since you are doing only 6 tbls you can do this on a larger scale...
wedding website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine