Family SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Whittington1979 Posts : 52 Registered: 6/13/06
Family SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 8:05 PM

So i called my mom to invite her to see my dress, but she was asleep my sister answered. I tell her and response was," I'm suprised that we're invited since you didn't want our input in your little wedding."

When I told my mother that i was getting married she just said that's good and turned and watched t.v. So with that I went with out her got a planner (my fiance wanted to get one). MY mother thought was a waste of money she always saying that i waste money. I have not I have my own idea I want something different not traditional. I havae decided to not be traditional and to cut cost
to have a beach wedding. My mother and my sister said whay are you having a beach wedding were no friends and family can come! My mother you are being selfish and tacky to have a beach wedding all these people want to see you get married and i want gifts.

At first, i did want to do a big wedding but thats not cheap, so i opt for a beach wedding what wrong with that?
Carrie Bradshaw: And we were dressed from head to toe in love... the only label that never goes out of style.

Edited by: Whittington1979 on Jun 15, 2009 8:24 PM

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Family SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

Sorry that your family is behaving this way. Be strong--there's nothing you can do to make them anyone other than who they are. The upside (if there is one) is that, since they have no interest and no involvement, they have no say in anything that you plan. And, you CAN make the choice not to speak to them about the wedding and not to listen to them should they have any comments. Send them invitations, tell them where to be and when. Otherwise, that's IT.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

I am so sorry you are going through this, I wish there was something I could do to help you. I hope things some how can get better for you.
I have the opposite problem my mother wants to be involved in every single aspect of my wedding planning. I can't make a move without her having some kind of input. She has an opinion about everything. Maybe we could trade mothers for a few days.
Daddy's Little Girl

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 7:39 AM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine