You make me look bad!

Online Users: 1,375 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 44

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Re: You make me look bad!
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

What really burns my ass in all of this is like a few of you other ladies have said, stop the "pretending." All three of them know. It's not healthy for the kids who are the innocent parties who will get hurt by mommy, daddy and Amy being stupid. The flip side that also just burns me is this. Right now in my office there was a little tryst going on. Well of course the spouses found out and cheating man decided to leave wife for cheating woman. Like most times, cheating man lost the nerve and called the whole thing off. So now, cheating woman is trying to get hubby to forgive her and rebuild her 17 year relationship. All day long due to her annoyingly loud mouth and the fact that her office is only a few doors down I have to hear her bitch about it to the few people who will actually listen to her. "But I don't get it, Tom's family and my family are all siding with him....No one likes me any more.....Oh take pity on me...waaaaa" Ya know what, you made your bed now lie in it. I just have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. Call me a bitch if you want, but you did this to yourself, no one made you have an affair. I personally am tired of the 45 minute waterworks session after lunch everyday while you talk to you husband, THAT YOU CHEATED ON! Seriously, women like her and Amy do make the rest of us look bad and it does piss me off.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

Honestly, DeLouistoBe, I would have to say something to my boss about her. Personal problems, especially well known infidelity, have no business in the work place. Seriously. Even if she was the victim instead of the cheater, one should keep issues like that to a minimum in a professional place. If I'm having a bad day at home, my job is the place I escape not the place I drag every detail of my personal business.

This was another thing that I found kind of shocking. I haven't really made any friends here in Orlando since moving here. I have learned my lesson on hanging out with people from work. I'm really striving to keep work and personal seperate. So far, my professional life has thrived by not getting involved socially with co-workers.

That being said, I decided to Google "Orlando married women social groups" (and a couple other word variations) to see if I could find volunteer groups, exercise groups, coffee, book, or wine clubs.......anything to have a hobby with other ladies. I kid you not that the first page of results was full of "affair on your lunch break", "not satisfied? find married men like you needing sexual fullfillment", "come swing with us", "find other housewives for sex", etc. WTF? All I wanted to do was find someone to jog with or f'ing scrapbook.

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

I would really have to tell my boss or HR about her after a while. That kind of mung has no place continually being brought up in the workplace.

wedding ticker

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush- Try Meetup.com. You can search for meetup groups on there by location and interests. They have all kinds of things from book clubs to dog clubs and everything in between.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Mush I agree. Try the meetup groups. Thats where I met, well ALL my friends. lol. I've met some of my EH's coworkers and the wives I like he isn't so keen on the husbands and the guys he likes at work have wives I don't relate too. I am part of a brunch meetup and have even become an assistant organizer. I've had a Sex in the City party just for the ladies which was so awesome I am thinking of having part 2. We also hosted a Thanksgiving and an Oscar party. I have never worked here and now have my own business so I don't meet people that way and the women at the gym all take classes. I am the "odd woman who lifts heavy weights and has no children".

Sidenote - I googled "interacial movies" because I couldn't remember the name of White Man's Burden. Well you can imagine what showed up on my computer!

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis and Ruby, I went to meetup.com and it was much easier. Thank you. I joined two groups and signed up for two events (1 per group). Most of the June events are full so I'm on the waitlist for a dinner and a tea party with one group. My lunch with some ladies at Rainforest Cafe is July 18th. My dinner with the other group is June 26th at Kobe. The Rainforest group has already emailed me, welcomed me, etc etc. They have a dinner planned at Buca (I'm waitlisted) that the planner contacted me about because she saw my profile said my husband worked for Buca.

Tanis, I can only imagine the replies you got to your search. I think it's hilarious you refer to yourself as the strange lady who lifts weights with no children.

Hey! You can join my women's boot camp tour. I'm so sick women being ninnies. Ruby, you too. With your DH gone for a bit, this can help fill your time. I'm over women not standing up for themselves when it comes to crappy men and crappy cheating dumb dumb nincompoops.

wedding ticker

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

That's awesome about the meetups. I have met some really great people. I even got my "I like to stay on the couch and watch sports on Sunday" EH to sign up as well. I showed him a menu of a dinner party and he was all in. lol. I also signed up for a new in town meetup that became a "We only want young (under 30) and single" meetup and went once and didn't like it, and you know thats just fine. I hope you have a great time

Haha I just read strange lady who lifts weights with no children and it sounds like I am literally lifting without children. I lift AND I don't have children. There is a woman in my gym I call Baby Lady because she brings her newborn in baby container (you know what I mean the baby seat or transporter or whatever its called) and puts the baby on the gym floor where she is working out. Not only is it not safe, its pretty gross. I know how much I sweat and they never clean those floors and she's exposing her baby to a whole lot of germs. It seems very odd to me, especially since my gym offers day care.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis- that's really gross. I would never take a baby into the gym and put him/her on the floor.
Mush - I'm totally down for joining your tour! I need to take my own advice and join a meetup club. I'm currently in one for my dog, but I never go to the meetings because I don't like the dog park they are at. Maybe I can find a book club or something else to keep me busy while DH is gone.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Tanis - The gym I used to go to and the one that I want to re-join, it's a YMCA and I love it! - they wouldn't allow her to do that. No kids under 14 are allowed in the weight room and under 18 have to be accompanied by an adult.

I like that personally - it's a family Y so the kids can be in the pool (allowed times), basketball court, skate park outside and they offer babysitting - so I guess that helps.

But I can't imagine that that is safe.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis- That is disturbing. What kind of gym is that? lol I agree that for safety they shouldn't let a baby in there.

Ruby- Join the tour. I'll make a meetup group for it.

wedding ticker

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Well thank you ladies for confirming that I am sane in thinking this is crazy! You can tell the woman is the type that was back in the gym less than a week after giving birth because she is terrified of losing the 5 pounds of baby weight she put on. She looks like Angela from The Office only with curly hair. Same frowny face though.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

The bosses know...Everyone knows. With the loud mouth there is no one in my small office that doesn't. I guess that 's the difference with a small company like mine. I'm used to the giant conglomerate that would fire you on the spot for things like that, because you are right, the workplace is absolutely NOT the place for this. But in my little company of 30, it's just not like that. I guess in one way that is nice since it doesn't have the "everyone is expendable" attitude but yeah, in a case like this...

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

Eh, I guess it just depends on the company. I've worked for smaller under 50 employees companies. Instead of firing you, they would send you out on personal leave. A similar situation actually happened at one of the companies I worked for when I was 19. I was the receptionist at a construction company. The HR lady started having an affair with one of the crew leaders. Both of them were married. The crew leader's wife found out and came to the office to kick HR Linda's ass. She and the crew leader were suspended on personal unpaid leave. I think they were gone probably 3 weeks.

wedding ticker

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Well cheating man is in our fab shop which is currently laid off due to no fabrication work (wonderful economy) so being union, chances are, he may not be brought back. Along those same lines I guess.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine