Why Him?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32
Why Him?
Posted: May 29, 2009 4:23 PM

Hello Ladies!
I just wanted to start a thread about our men. Our FH our BF, our DH, the men that we fell in love with. We have a thread about things they do that annoy us, well what about: Why did you fall in love with him? What does he do that you absolutely go googly eyes over? How long have you been together/married? What are his best qualities, the thing that sets him aside from any other man?

Ill go first =)

Alex is my best friend, he knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. He makes me feel safe and loved. He looks at me like I am the only woman in the world. He always has a way to make things better, or he tries his hardest to figure something out to make it better. His hugs can dry up any tear or lift any frown. He always smells so damn good! I LOVE when his hair is cut and his shape up is nice. I love that he is my future husband and he fell in love with me. He sees past my flaws and my imperfections and loves me know matter what I do. I can tell him anything without fear of a retaliation. We work well together in everything. Moving in was never a hassle, we clicked instantly and havent been apart in 5 years.

wedding website

ninkwink Posts : 17 Registered: 5/11/09
Re: Why Him?
Posted: May 29, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is a good question. I've been in a funk this week so maybe this will help to cheer me up. Falling in love with my FH was so easy. I cried my eyes out the week before I met him because I was afraid good guys didn't exist and then a week later God blessed me with him. Soon after I fell in love with him. He wasn't into playing emotional games and he said from the start that he wanted to work towards marriage with me.

My dad had to go into the hospital a lot since my FH and I got together and the way he's traveled up and down the highway with me to the hospital and has helped clean my father up and helped him get dressed let's me know that he really loves me and my family. He even helps my evil-acting sisters out of the goodness of his heart. He's so genuine and kind and I can talk to him about absolutely anything. We've become each other's best friend. He encourages me to try to reach my goals and dreams.

The one thing I love most about him is that I was enough for him. I didn't have to change anything for him. He loves me no matter what. With other men, I've been too fat, or my voice was too high, or I wasn't sultry enough, or I was too short. Something was always wrong with me according to other guys but with my FH, I'm just right. He loves my height, my weight, my voice, and everything else about me.

Posted: May 29, 2009 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: ninkwink

aw good! get out of that funk girl! Thats a great story. Hope your father is doing well..

wedding website

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

At first, my attraction to M was purely based on selfish reasons--I love history and culture, and he was an archaeologist. I found him to be glamourous and unattainable because of his job.

Then I got to know him. I realized he's not at ALL glamourous. He's a dork who likes computers, videogames, and politics.

And that's when I realized I actually like him more this way. :D

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

I started to talk to my husband while I was still married to my Ex...BUT at the time we were just friends and just talking. I actually had not met him in person but he and i were mutual friends with someone else that I used to chat with online (that i actually knew in person) anyway....he would listen to me for HOURS go on and on about whatever i felt like talking about...i ended up getting a $400 phone bill that month and had to go back to just instant messaging.

When I finally decided to leave my 1st husband and told him that i wanted a divorce he kicked me out of the house (we were living with his parents) they dropped me off on the side of the road. Well Travis (my how husband) came to rescue me. He set me up at his friends place that had a spare room and was looking to rent it out and he helped me all along the way of my divorce. 6 months later we started dating and moved in together.

He has always been there for me and although we have had our ups and downs we are still going strong after 3 years of dating and 3 years of being married.

oh and he has similar tastes in colors and funiture....except breakfast chairs...I love them he hates them and I hate that he hates them LOL

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

We were love at first sight. He held the door open for me our first day at work (he transferred and I was a summer worker) and we have been together ever since (4 years).

Why do I love him?

He's rational when I'm a basketcase.
He makes me laugh every day.
He's really smart and we have amazing talks about politics, news, religion, sports, anything!
He loves his mother so much and stays close to her even though she is on the other coast.
He never ceases to make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
He loves me deeply and I feel it every moment (even when he is away).
He can cook and do laundry without destroying things (and he does).
He's a nerd but it's cute (although I do glaze over when he gets really technical).
He's just awesome!

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Aww I like this....FH and i have been together for 7 1/2 years, I was 16 and he was 18. Me and everyone else thought this was just teenage fling and it would never last, Just "puppy love" is what my mom would say. Boy were we wrong!! :) I realized every time I was with him before we were dating, that I was always laughing. There was never a dull moment when we were together. When we became official he made me feel so special and loved. Id never felt that way before. I feel the same way when Im with him today! :)

Why do I love him?? heres a few reasons...

He calls me every morning at work just to say hi, and to tell me he loves me. (he goes in before me)
He will randomly just tell me he loves me, weather we are on the phone, or watching TV.
He thinks of me in silly ways, like he will bring me a coffee from Starbucks at random, or the other day he brought me home the sequel to a book I just finished.
He loves animals just as much as I do, and we both want to rescue as many pets as we can.
He will not let me leave the house with out a kiss and a "love you!"
He will stick up for me, or take my side no matter what, even if its his own mother on the other side.
He loves me for me and my crazy ass mood swings!!
He will sit there and listen to me complain for hours about work or whatever it is, like he actually cares or knows the people Im complaining about.
He truely is my other half!
I would be completely lost in this world with out him! :)

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This thread will probably make me start crying because I miss my hubby so much but here a few reasons why he is the best husband ever:
He cuddles with me, acts silly just to make me smile, hugs me even when I'm busy, tell me he loves me all the time, plays games with me, watches my shows even though he thinks their dumb, cooks for me, does the things I hate to do, drives me around, buys flowers for me for no reason, is my DD whenever we go out, kisses me all the time, holds hands with me whenever we are together, takes me to fun places, plays guitar and writes songs for me, there are so many more...., rubs my feet, takes baths & showers with me, etc....

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Gotta LOVE this thread!! My FH and I are high school sweethearts I was 16 and he was 19. June 23rd will be our 12 year anniversary!! Just thinking of all the years we have been together make me smile. He is my everything; best friend, lover, confidant, advisor, shoulder to cry on, and so much more. He makes me feel loved everyday, he knows how I am feeling at all times, he is funny/smart, we have many many things in common, and he is full of surprises (especially the proposal). One of the best qualities I think he has is the love is shows his family. It lets me know he will be the perfect husband and father. He adores his mother and grandmother and he treats me with the utmost respect, love, and generosity. I LOVE his balled head, the way he smells, and dresses. God couldn't have blessed me with a better man in my eyes!!

Be Blessed!

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Cute thread...

When I met him he wasnt doing anything...I think he was just sort of lost and didnt know where to start. But it was his personality and kindness that won me over.

As of this Sept we will have been together for 5 years and married for 1 year

And why do I love him?

He's happy when I'm happy
He's sad when I'm sad.
He is the best cuddler in the world
He has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known.
He accepts me for who I am.
And all he wants is for me to be happy.

I love my hubby!

Married 9.20.08

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

We met accidentally we were in Rhode Island walking along the cliffwalk in opposite directions. We came face to face and our groups had to make way for the other. He said he would let me pass if I told him my name. I thought he was cute so I told him my name and invited him and his friends to join us on the beach. He did of course, we talked for hours about any and everything. By the time the sun was setting I thought he was the most wonderful person I had ever met. We saw each other every day for the rest of that week and we have been together ever since.
Daddy's Little Girl

allisonfoster2B Posts : 65 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bWellsFargo

I am in the military, and i got stationed in japan. When i arrived i was wearing the 'BDU's', since I have not bought the 'ABU's'. and i was quite out of place. So i kind of sat towards the corner of the room. He was the first person i looked in the eye. I kind of sat alone for the first 10,15 minutes. Then he started to tease me in a cute way. Then he finaly got me to come sit in the group of people. We became friends right away. Then the next day we were walking back to the dorm's (that's where single airman live), and i said something a little ditzy, he just laughed and said 'you dont have to be smart, your cute'. We Then we continued to flirt like that for the next day. The next day abunch of us went to the movies. After the movies we hung out in his room. We did nothing but talk. Then is when i realized he was not just a goofy guy, he had a serious side. Before i left to go to my room that night i got a single kiss. After that day we have been so close. Im a what seems like preppy dirtzy girl on the outside, when in reality i am a band geek at heart. He is the kind of person who can have fun doing anything he does, and is a video game freak. We both like to stay in a have 'movie night' or go out in town and spend the day at an arcade.

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I met Kris when I was new to the country. I was terrified. My best friend Irina promised that it wasnt that bad and took me out with her BF Paul and his friends. That was when Kris walked into my life.

My first thought was how handsome he was. Then, we sat infront of each other and we talked and I was captivated. It was amazing how that one conversation was the beginning of the rest of my life. He was charming and so nice. He made me feel very welcomed and I wasnt afraid anymore. He was so friendly and I loved it. He asked me for my number and I gave it to him.

He called me that very night and we talked for 3 hours. It was amazing how two people could find so much to discuss. I was so comfortable talking about anything and everything with him. The next day, he called me and asked me on a date. We went on four dates and then decided to be a couple. It was so mature at that age. I didnt even want to spend any time away from him.

But, I was nervous I couldnt make it work. There was so much in my life at the time. New school, new country, new friends. I missed my family, my friends, and my country. It was a culture shock for me. Very intense. But, we made it work. I have a very troubled past and it does affect my present sometimes. Learning to deal with everything is a very hard thing. He was so understanding. I was back in Russia all the time, I was in Italy and I was living in the US all at one time. It was crazy.

Plus, I was doing pre-law at Columbia which was a lot of work. Then, we did the whole meeting the family thing. I introduced him to my Russian uncle first. Terrifying. Then, my Italian uncle. And then, he introduced me to his aunt and uncle. It was such a hard journey. My uncle Sal didnt really approve because I was young and he wasn't Italian which is what he wanted. His aunt didnt approve because he's her angel. His sister was very hard on us. We worked and got the approval of all them and they all accepted it and now is an integral part of our relationship.

We moved in together almost 2 years ago. 2 years in August. We are both Catholic's but living in NY is expensive and we were always at each other's place and it made no sense having 2. After a while, my uncles were fine with it. Um. 1 year later, he proposed to me in Dubai on the beach.

We will be together 4 years, this September. We met September 15, 2005. We will get married July 16, 2011. So, we will be together for almost 6 years when we get married.

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

http://natassiakristian.weddingannouncer.com

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

beautiful stories ladies, i got teary eyed on all of them... :). when i get some time i'll post mine up here as well.
Created by Wedding Favors

Kaylesgee Posts : 14 Registered: 4/5/09
Posted: Jun 13, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

I love this thread! It reminds me why I'm putting myself through all this stress and hassle lol! To be perfectly honest, I never intended to find myself in a relationship with my other half. I was just getting out of a horrible relationship, it was over months before I actually ended it but too proud to admit to myself that I couldn't make it work, and I wanted a bit of fun. Turns out, he intentionally only saw me as a fling too (I would like to point out, I am not a sl*t and I do not put it about, he had been single for a while and I hadn't been single in ages, I DO NOT hook up, I wanted a fling for the first time ever) and then we ended up having a random conversation about comic books and finding out we had loads in common.
Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been yankee doodle dandy since then, we've had our ups and downs, but after 3 and a bit years, he's my best friend, the first person I think of when I wake up and the last person I think of when I go to sleep.
Kayles was here!!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine