Thank you note wording for shower at work. Help...........

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Thank you note wording for shower at work. Help...........
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:00 PM

I just had a surprise bridal shower at work. I got a very generous cash gift with the list of ppl that contribute. I'm writing a thank you note (email) and I don't know what to write. This is all I have:

Thank you for the wonderful surprise and generous gift.

Any ideas?

Can't wait to be Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Thank you note wording for shower at work. Help...........
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

That was nice of your work to do that.

If it were me I would send them each a little card. You can buy them in packets of like 12 or more. An email just sounds so blah lol. People like things they can touch. Or what we do at my job is to buy one card and pass it around so that each person sees it. Then you can buy like a box of chocolates or something for them to munch on.

Your wording sounds nice.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

I would probably write something like this, but obviously it depends on whether this fits your usual tone:

"Thank you all for the wonderful shower, I was so surprised and touched! I don't know how you all managed to pull off such a fantastic surprise without me knowing - I had absolutely no idea. I also wanted to thank you all so much for the generous gift. It will go a long way to help us toward our dream of owning our own house, taking the honeymoon of a lifetime, setting up our new home together. I am very lucky to have wonderful colleagues and friends like you!

Love,
Sybelle"
P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Dear Sybelle,

You need to handwrite each and every note. If you do it by email, it's all to easy to just copy and paste.

You need not say a lot. Just try variations on something like this:

"Thank you very much for the surprise shower. Bubba and I have our eyes on a new plasma TV and the generous cash gift will most likely go to that. We really appreciate your generosity."

Figure out some way to vary the wording with each one, perhaps saying something personally nice about each person.

"I'd also like to thank you for all your help on the XYZ project here in the office."

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks for the help/wording. I send an email. It was over 30 ppl and at my work everybody is very informal. The invitation for the shower was send by email also.

Can't wait to be Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

alleak135 Posts : 54 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Although your work is an informal place I still think you should send a card. Maybe you could get a fruit basket or bring in a light breakfast and attach a thank you note to it stating how touched you were that they would go out of their way to throw you such a wonderful party. In today's society it's all too easy to revert back to using technology to make life easier something written is much more personal and more fitting to show your appreciation to your coworkers.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine