What size did you order???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
What size did you order???
Posted: Feb 7, 2005 1:38 PM

So the good news is that I found The Dress. But the bad news is that I don't know if I orderd the right size. From what I understand, wedding dress sizes run much smaller than regular sizes. Why do they do that?!?! The salon didn't have the dress in my size, so I tried one on that was a bit too small. I ordered the size suggested on a chart they use in accordance with my measurements (each measurement corresponds to a dress size, so to be safe, get the size suggested at your largest measurement), which ended up being 2 sizes larger than I normally wear. So now I'm afraid the dress is going to be enormous and I'm going to end up spending more on the alterations than I did on the dress.

So I'm just wondering how this worked for everyone else? Did the dress come in true to size? If you went a size or two up, how much did it need to be altered? Or did I just fall for their money making scam?? Sometimes I think they do it on purpose just to make money on the alternations. I mean - how tall are the women that can actually fit into that length??

There's nothing I can do about it now - the dress is ordered and paid for. I'd just like to hear about someone else's experience.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine