Bridesmaids gifts

Online Users: 1,330 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

jblovessb Posts : 3 Registered: 6/4/09
Bridesmaids gifts
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 2:30 PM

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone had any cute ideas?

I just purchased personalized tote bags for my bridesmaids for their gifts. They are so cute and match the wedding colors. What I want to do is fill the bags up with things that are related to the wedding, but also with things that are personal to each of them. Here's some info on my wedding and each bridesmaid to help ya'll out a little bit if you have any ideas:

Our wedding is going to be in Las Vegas at the end of October. Everybody, including my fiance and I, are traveling for the wedding. The colors are black, a deep red, and ivory- but it is going to be a very relaxed, casual wedding. I am wearing flip flops for shoes (I love flip flops, and actually if anyone knows a good place to get flops personally made, please let me know. I am still looking for a good place to get my bridal flops made). So, since the wedding is in Vegas and everyone is traveling, I want to put a couple things that have to do with that in the bags. Any ideas?

Also, my bridesmaids are my sister, and 2 best friends. My sister is 31 years old, a single mom of the cutest little 2 year old ever. She doesn't really go out or drink too much, obviously, and is completely dedicated to her daughter. She used to be a teacher, but is not doing that right now. (I feel like I am writing a personal add for her:) Ha!) So, I want to throw some things in there that she would find useful and personal. I am not a mom, so I am not sure what kind of things she might like in that regard. Or perhaps get her things that have nothing to do with being a mom? I am not sure. I have a few ideas, but am always looking for more.

Then, my other 2 bridesmaids are my complete opposite best friends. One is extremely action oriented and gets worked up very easily whereas the other one is very laid back and kind of just takes things as they come. One lives in Maryland, the other in Florida (can you guess who lives where;)?). My friend is MD, like I, loves flip flops, constantly loves to be on the go, she has a degree in History and currently works in an office. My other friend, in FL, loves the beach, is studying to become a nurse and currently works as a medical assistant. However, one thing we all have in common going out and having some drinks. Any ideas here?

Thanks to everybody that will take the time to read this and respond. I have a few ideas floating around in my head, and know that it might be difficult for anybody to give me ideas considering you don't know them or even me for that matter, but I hope that the lil bit of info I gave you might be enough to come up with some things. I am always looking for other people's ideas and perspectives- I love seeing how others think about things as opposed to the way I do (yes, I studied psychology so that might have something to do with it:)!) Anyway, thanks again and I can't wait to hear your ideas! Take care!

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Re: Bridesmaids gifts
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: jblovessb

You could always get rhinestone-handled ice buckets.

http://www.brides.com/planning/weddingparty/feature/slide/163836/

totally kidding, but I've been DYING to snark on that. ;)

Seriously though, I would include gift cards to their favorite stores in small denominations, and maybe some of their favorite candies? Try to make it somewhat personalized for each maid, as it's unlikely they're all the exact same person.
My Planning Blog

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

well, i don't know if this is a weird idea or not, but i'm currently planning a bachelorette party for my best friend in vegas. i'm putting together favor bags for all of the girls who are flying there, and i found a TON of cute, cheap stuff on ebay. one of my favorite things is this girl's soaps:

www.2cute4youfavors.etsy.com

it looks like she's not making them right now, but that she will be again soon? i dunno about that, but she does have a few auctions open on ebay. the one below is sesame street themed, but i had her make mine playboy bunny shaped. they're the bride's favorite color and scent! so cute! and, actually, i've heard it's not that hard to make soap yourself, you could probably do it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140324215346&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=140317442464&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D2

you could also maybe put in cute little travel sized things, or maybe make a gift certificate saying you'll treat them to a pedicure while you're there?

maybe a fun, wedding themed novel to read on the plane on the way home?

just some random ideas :)

Chamberrycherry Posts : 1 Registered: 6/6/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: jblovessb

custom cosmetic bags by denita.cherry custom monogram bags, you choose fabrics, style and design, AND they are only $20 with discounts for large orders!

need a certain color wave?
IMG_0267 by denita.cherry monogram makeup bag, moh, maid of honor, bridesmaid by denita.cherry

Wristlets in a peachy/sunset color wave wristlets, monogram bag by denita.cherry

magnetic snap clutch:
IMG_0032 by denita.cherry

fancy clutch:formal clutch with pink embellishment by denita.cherry S7300032 satin clutch with feather rhinestone embellishment Fancy ruffled clutch by denita.cherry

www.chamberrycherry.etsy.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine