Anyone know of a website with chep items in bulk for centerpieces?

Online Users: 1,293 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Anyone know of a website with chep items in bulk for centerpieces?
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 3:29 PM

I am helping my mom plan her wedding, and we have been trying to find a website that sells items in bulk for cheap. She is on a very tight budget. We dont want to spend over $300 on centerpieces for 10 tables. It is an out-door late evening wedding. We arent too sure of what to do for centerpieces, but real flowers are out of the question becasue theyre too expenisve. Howeve, were open to ANY ideas you all may have! We are hoping to have a lot of lighting, so maybe some lighted centerpieces. Any ideas? PLease reference me to a website that may sell items in bulk! She planned her wedding for December, but just delayed it to March due to financial circumstances. So as you can see, we are pinching our pennies. Whre are there websites that sell thi stype of stuff in bulk? Thanks everyone, and happy planning!

Re: Anyone know of a website with chep items in bulk for centerpieces?
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 6:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know many websites, but I do like http://www.orientaltrading.com/ for little odds and ends.  If you don't end up finding centerpiece stuff there, you might find favors, gifts, or other decorations.  They also have some great inexpensive plastic champange flutes in "bulk" so you could do a toast if you'd like! 

My centerpieces are simple mirrors with a glass bowl on top, filled with colored rocks, water, and three candles.  The candles reflecting off the mirror will really spread the light around!  You can use any color rocks so they fit in with your scheme.  I bought enough for 13 tables (I'm only having 12 but I wanted an extra just in case!) at Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale for $100!  If you have a Hobby Lobby near you I'd seriously watch their stores for sales as they often have 50% off bridal accessories like ring bearer pillows, guest books, invitation kits, etc.  In fact, I got invitations for 50 for $10 there and used a colored ink instead of plain black and they looked great!  It is my favorite store, and I'm someone who is hesitant to order many things online because I want to touch them first lol.  But, Oriental Trading hasn't done me wrong on anything I've ordered so far.  So, check them out.  Good luck, and keep looking around here as many people post money and time saving ideas ;-)

Centerpiece

Message was edited by javachick on Aug 27, 2007 6:39 AM

MagicLady Posts : 44 Registered: 8/25/07
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

This is a good place to find glass vases, ribbon, candle holders, candles, silk flowers, floral supplies, and a lot more. 

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/

Wholesale flowers. Flowers are beautiful no matter what you do (almost) and arraigning simple arraignments is not hard. This site offers wedding flower packages starting at around $200 this is perfect for a small wedding. Adds some candles and bud vases and you have perfect centerpieces. You could even do your own bouquets and save a bundle.

Lets make your Happily Ever After come true!

Posted: Aug 28, 2007 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are doing centerpieces for 25 tables for under $300 so it can definately be done! We are also planning a March wedding because it is more economical at our reception hall. I wish I had a picture so you could see what we are doing. Maybe I can post one later. I found tin pails at IKEA for a dollar a piece and I am filling them with silk hydrangeas and greenery that I got at Joann's. I'm not sure if you have either of these stores local to you. I found that Joann's had their silk flowers all on sale in January and February. I was able to get the hydrangeas for 70% off! Definately shop around if you can.

Another way that we are saving money is by doubling our centerpieces as ceremony decorations. The tin pails will have green ribbon tied around them to match our wedding colors. The ribbon will be used to hang the pails from the end of the church pews during the ceremony and then transfered to the reception tables afterwards.

Hope this is helpful! Good luck bargain hunting :)

Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You all have such cute ideas! That website link you posted is really good, the saveon cratfs. looks really nice! Thank you ladies :)

tkeenan Posts : 1 Registered: 5/1/09
Posted: May 1, 2009 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can find centerpieces on any discount party site.
PartySuppliesinBulk.com has wholes party supplies, including centerpieces.

Edited by: tkeenan on May 1, 2009 12:25 PM

Edited by: tkeenan on May 1, 2009 12:27 PM

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: tkeenan

If you need tealights, I'm now a fan of gelcandlecompany.com -- I wanted unscented non-white tealights (God only knows why) and they had some really competitive prices. (And they're very helpful - they told me that if I wanted to match a particular color, I could send them a sample of it.)

Purplesassy Posts : 9 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can visit
http://ericasweddingfavors.com , They have cute and affordable wedding centerpieces there

Edited by: Purplesassy on May 6, 2009 6:10 PM

BrideMother Posts : 1 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you tried FactoryDirectCraft.com ? They have a large variety of wedding and bridal accessories. I found some unique things there including the birds nest for our wedding favors,

missbride2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 4/20/09
Posted: May 31, 2009 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I, also, had an issue finding inexpensive items such as favors and ceterpieces.
I did, however, find a few things i like on www.chapelrunners.com
~Sarah

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When is the wedding? If it's after Christmas, the day after christmas is the absolute best time of the year to buy inexpensive candles, silver and gold platters, and the like. Usually places like WalMart, Target, and Meijer will have all of their seasonal stuff half off, and much of it isn't so seasonal that it can't be used the rest of the year!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine